very disapointed

Any questions? Need some help?
ShagMiester

very disapointed

Post by ShagMiester »

Its been a while since I have had to log into here. I want to thank everyone who has been helpful.

But I just found out that this great software has been turned into a "service based subscription" instead of what I paid for when rednoah ported it to the windows store version for windows 10.

One of the things that has been really bothering me is that a lot of programers are trying to turn their product into a consumable commodity, when in fact its not. I don't feel I should have to pay an annual fee just so I have the convenience of renaming my files. when In fact I can do it myself with just a little more effort.

When I purchased filebot I was under the impression that it was a one time purchase and that was the reason why I did it. it has great value for what i was getting and i gladly paid for it then. now not so much.
rednoah
The Source

Re: very disapointed

Post by rednoah »

Why not just keep using the Windows Store version you have purchased then? It's fully supported and up-to-date, so I see no reason to worry about the new cheap subscription option when you already have a life-time purchase that's unchanged and working well.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6265
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

JerickWell wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 10:02 the more we support developers that bring us great programs the more great programs we'll have available
Exactly that.
howdymilsap

Post by howdymilsap »

I honestly cannot think of another software package that is this well crafted, works this well and has this level of support for such a small amount of money. Not to mention, the author takes feature requests very seriously and builds them into new releases. All of this for the price of a couple of Starbuck's lattes per year.

I want to see more development and continued support, which is why I have purchased the lifetime license for filebot. The best thing for this community would be if rednoah could live completely off of income from this application.

I really don't understand the complaints about the pricing for the license. Wtf is wrong with people?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

howdymilsap wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 19:38 I want to see more development and continued support, which is why I have purchased the lifetime license for filebot. The best thing for this community would be if rednoah could live completely off of income from this application.
In the grand scheme of things, imagine if this model actually worked for the vast majority of indy developers, and not just the ones making games. ;)

howdymilsap wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 19:38 I really don't understand the complaints about the pricing for the license. Wtf is wrong with people?
Natural first reaction to taking away things people took for granted. Not to be taken personal. Though I do think that the silent majority will take a step back, realize it's good value for money actually, and then happily make a purchase.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Software is especially interesting since a very small amount of developers with relatively little funding can have mind-boggling impact on the world (e.g. OpenSSL).

It’s peculiar though how the software business can be extremely profitable for large corporations (Google, Oracle, Amazon, Microsoft, etc) yet difficult to make work for others (Mozilla, Apache, OpenSSL, etc) despite providing high value for low cost.