TVDB episode name extraction in wrong language

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Bazzu85

TVDB episode name extraction in wrong language

Post by Bazzu85 »

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is a problem with tvdb API or filebot..

when extracting some series episodes with Italian selected (and on tvdb the translaction is present) I have the english titles (as an example Big Mouth)
with other series the query is ok (ex Westworld or Rick and Morty)

any feedback from the community?
rednoah
The Source

Re: TVDB episode name extraction in wrong language

Post by rednoah »

Less popular shows are less likely to have translated titles. If you find shows where the episode titles aren't available in your preferred language yet, then you can go to TheTVDB and enter the missing data yourself, so that it works as expected for everyone in the future. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Bazzu85

Post by Bazzu85 »

rednoah wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 15:57 Less popular shows are less likely to have translated titles. If you find shows where the episode titles aren't available in your preferred language yet, then you can go to TheTVDB and enter the missing data yourself, so that it works as expected for everyone in the future. ;)
I know this (I'm an active user on tvdb about italian translation) but the show I'm talking about is translated in italian
check this: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/big-mouth/seasons/all

the problem is filebot is not extracting the italian translation

check this filebot screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1Z0kR ... sp=sharing
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. If it was recently translated, like in the last 7 days or so, then you may need to clear the cache once, to make sure FileBot will fetch the latest data.

Generally speaking, FileBot will cache data for about a week, however the TheTVDB API will do some caching as well, so after manually editing TheTVDB, you may need to give the API a few hours to start handing out the latest data to API clients like FileBot or Plex.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1996
Bazzu85

Post by Bazzu85 »

rednoah wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 13:01 I see. If it was recently translated, like in the last 7 days or so, then you may need to clear the cache once, to make sure FileBot will fetch the latest data.

Generally speaking, FileBot will cache data for about a week, however the TheTVDB API will do some caching as well, so after manually editing TheTVDB, you may need to give the API a few hours to start handing out the latest data to API clients like FileBot or Plex.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1996
great tip to delete cache on filebot..

Unfortunately this doesn't change the query..
maybe is a problem on tvdb server side.. I think the show isn't touched from a while..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Alright, I can confirm that it doesn't work for Italian, but that it does work for German:

Code: Select all

filebot -list --q "Big Mouth" --lang German

Does it never work for Italian? Or just for this one particular show?
Bazzu85

Post by Bazzu85 »

rednoah wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 14:05 Alright, I can confirm that it doesn't work for Italian, but that it does work for German:

Code: Select all

filebot -list --q "Big Mouth" --lang German

Does it never work for Italian? Or just for this one particular show?
usually work..
for example you can try with "Rick and Morty" or "Westworld" and the query results are the italian titles..

In last weeks I found a couple of show (including "Big Mouth) that doesn't work..but i didn't remember wich..

thx
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's very strange indeed then. I'm not sure if there's something I can do to fix it on the client side.

Best to report this issue in TheTVDB forums so they can have a look at the API and check if it's something they can fix on their end.
Bazzu85

Post by Bazzu85 »

rednoah wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 04:37 That's very strange indeed then. I'm not sure if there's something I can do to fix it on the client side.

Best to report this issue in TheTVDB forums so they can have a look at the API and check if it's something they can fix on their end.
I posted on his forum
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=54545
Bazzu85

Post by Bazzu85 »

rednoah wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 04:37 That's very strange indeed then. I'm not sure if there's something I can do to fix it on the client side.

I added the special episode of big mouth to my Emby server wich use tvdb API to scrap the info and it retrieves the correct italian data..

so I'm thinking the problem is on filebot side..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. That particular show doesn't have an Italian series name, so FileBot assumes there's probably half-empty episode titles and defaults to English right away.

This is a "won't fix" for now. Even TheTVDB website is slightly broken if you click Italiano because the title doesn't show up as it does with English / German. The solution is probably to fix the series record, and set the series name to Big Mouth for all language entries that are otherwise empty.