utorrent integration

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
yzfr6drw

utorrent integration

Post by yzfr6drw »

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me or suggest a way for me to debug?

I can see utorrent executing this in the log:

Code: Select all

[2013-03-30 09:43:24]  Executing: filebot -script fn:amc --output "z:" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def plex=10.0.0.100 music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_dir=C:\Users\aazan\Downloads\Bering.Sea.Gold.S02E03.Nice.Guys.Finish.Last.WS.TVRip.x264-UNPOPULAR" "ut_file=Bering.Sea.Gold.S02E03.Nice.Guys.Finish.Last.WS.TVRip.x264-UNPOPULAR.mp4" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=Bering.Sea.Gold.S02E03.Nice.Guys.Finish.Last.WS.TVRip.x264-UNPOPULAR" "ut_label=" "ut_state=10" >> "C:\Users\aazan\Downloads\filebot.log" 2>&1
but I don't see any filebot.log and the files hasn't moved. So I copied it and pasted it in the command line and it just works. It created the filebot.log and moved all the files.

I had this working before, and I think a week ago, filebot needed to update so I did that and it hasn't worked since.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: utorrent integration

Post by rednoah »

The cmdline startup file is now filebot.exe and utorrent is now executing it directly and not via "Open with cmd.exe" so the cmd specific features like IO redirection won't work. You you had tried that in a new cmd window you would have figured it out in 2 seconds.

Check the docs again and notice how you need to call it with cmd /c filebot ... now.

Though I recommend doing this so java/filebot itself will do everything and you don't get these windows issues:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=638
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
yzfr6drw

Post by yzfr6drw »

sorry I didn't know command line redirect isn't supported anymore, I checked following the instructions that's still on the utorrent integration link on the homepage.

In anycase the problem with my scripts is that I've piped it to a file? So to ask filebot to create a log file I add the following to the arguments?

--log-log

where do I specify where the log file is?

or if you can just point me to the documentation, I looked and am not sure where it is.

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IO redirection isn't not about supported. It's a feature of Windows CMD, it's always supported, but only if it's Windows CMD that's running the program. Anyway, people don't get these things so I built it in.

I just showed you how to do it:

e.g. try this:

cmd /c filebot -version > output.txt
If you update to the latest HEAD you can do:

filebot -script fn:amc ... --log-file "C:/filebot-log.txt"
Latest docs and options as with any cmdline tool:

filebot -help
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
yzfr6drw

Post by yzfr6drw »

I understand now, thanks!