[Solved] Javafx error at start of Filebot !

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
vincen

[Solved] Javafx error at start of Filebot !

Post by vincen »

Hi

Having not found any threads similar to my problem, here is the issue. I'm running Kubuntu 18.04 in 64bits version on my laptop. I hade tried first to install filebot amd64 deb package but Filebot didn't start, removed then tried the universal version, similar, then removed again and tried the universal jdk8 version (it complained about jdk missing which I installed and then was able to install filebot.
When I start it I get the following error that shows up in a popup:

Code: Select all

Failed to initialise JavaFX
but it starts and in console I have all that:

Failed to initialize JavaFX
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/embed/swing/JFXPanel
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.initJavaFX(SwingUI.java:582)
        at net.filebot.Main.onStart(Main.java:196)
        at net.filebot.Main.lambda$null$0(Main.java:162)
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:472)
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:462)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:583)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:190)
        ... 5 more. 
I have been able to recreate my presets but when I try to use them Filebot:

NoClassDefFoundError:  com/sun/jna/Platform
and nothing else happens ! and what I get in console:

NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jna/Platform
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jna/Platform
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenamePanel$AutoCompleteAction$1.done(RenamePanel.java:940)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jna/Platform
        at net.filebot.MetaAttributeView.<init>(MetaAttributeView.java:33)
        at net.filebot.media.MetaAttributes.<init>(MetaAttributes.java:37)
        at net.filebot.media.XattrMetaInfo.xattr(XattrMetaInfo.java:95)
        at net.filebot.media.XattrMetaInfo.lambda$getXattrValue$0(XattrMetaInfo.java:74)
        at com.github.benmanes.caffeine.cache.BoundedLocalCache.lambda$doComputeIfAbsent$14(BoundedLocalCache.java:2039)
        at com.github.benmanes.caffeine.cache.BoundedLocalCache.doComputeIfAbsent(BoundedLocalCache.java:2037)
        at com.github.benmanes.caffeine.cache.BoundedLocalCache.computeIfAbsent(BoundedLocalCache.java:2020)
        at com.github.benmanes.caffeine.cache.LocalCache.computeIfAbsent(LocalCache.java:112)
        at com.github.benmanes.caffeine.cache.LocalManualCache.get(LocalManualCache.java:54)
        at net.filebot.media.XattrMetaInfo.getXattrValue(XattrMetaInfo.java:72)
        at net.filebot.media.XattrMetaInfo.getMetaInfo(XattrMetaInfo.java:59)
        at net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.detectSeriesNames(MediaDetection.java:332)
        at net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.detectSeriesNames(MediaDetection.java:323)
        at net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.mapSeriesNamesByFiles(MediaDetection.java:193)
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.match(EpisodeListMatcher.java:97)
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenamePanel$AutoCompleteAction$1.doInBackground(RenamePanel.java:922)
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenamePanel$AutoCompleteAction$1.doInBackground(RenamePanel.java:918)
What to do ?

Thanks

Vincèn
Last edited by vincen on 17 Mar 2019, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Javafx error at start of Filebot !

Post by rednoah »

How did you install FileBot? Which package did you use?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 17:57 How did you install FileBot? Which package did you use?
The ones avalaible here https://get.filebot.net/filebot/FileBot_4.8.5/ as I'm using that same version on my desktop ;) all deb package !
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There are 3 deb packages. Which one are you using?

Did you install potentially missing dependencies?

sudo apt-get install --fix-broken
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 04:58 There are 3 deb packages. Which one are you using?
As stated in my first post, I tried first the amd64 deb package, then the universal and then the universal jdk8 one. I removed each time previous package before installing the new one, and for the last one it asked me to install dependencies and I checked that all dependencies are fulfilled !
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Strange. Please install the universe-jdk8 package and then check if jna.jar in the filebot install folder correctly symlinks to the system jna.jar file.
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 07:39 Strange. Please install the universe-jdk8 package and then check if jna.jar in the filebot install folder correctly symlinks to the system jna.jar file.
oki so in filebot folder I found this which sounds correct from what you say:

jna.jar -> /usr/share/java/jna.jar
but in /usr/share/java I have only these files:

vincen@Pingouin-de-Vincen:/usr/share/filebot/jar$ ls -al /usr/share/java/
el-api-3.0.jar                     jsp-api-2.3.jar                    servlet-api-3.1.jar
hsqldb1.8.0-1.8.0.10+dfsg.jar      juh-6.0.7.jar                      unoil-6.0.7.jar
hsqldb1.8.0.jar                    juh.jar                            unoil.jar
hsqldbutil1.8.0-1.8.0.10+dfsg.jar  jurt-6.0.7.jar                     unoloader-6.0.7.jar
hsqldbutil1.8.0.jar                jurt.jar                           unoloader.jar
java-atk-wrapper.jar               libintl.jar                        websocket-api-1.0.jar
java_defaults.mk                   ridl-6.0.7.jar                     
java_uno.jar                       ridl.jar                           
vincen@Pingouin-de-Vincen:/usr/share/filebot/jar$
Should I modify the link to point to one of these files ? or is it an other problem related to Java engine ?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, that explains why JNA is not working.

/usr/share/java/jna.jar is part of the libjna-java package. Can you confirm that libjna-java is in fact installed?
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/all/ ... a/filelist

You can explicitly install all dependencies like so:

sudo apt install openjfx libjna-java mediainfo libchromaprint-tools p7zip-full unrar
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 09:00 You can explicitly install all dependencies like so:

sudo apt install openjfx libjna-java mediainfo libchromaprint-tools p7zip-full unrar
oki done ;) Isn't system supposed to install all dependencies when you install app package ?
I still have the

Failed to Initialise JavaFX
at start of Filebot and when i try to rename I get that error and it's not doing the job then:

ClassNotFoundException: javafx.concurrent.Worker
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Make sure you're running Java 8 and OpenJFX 8.

Try running sysinfo again to confirm its not accidentally using Java 11 which may also be installed.

* Depending on your settings, apt may or may not automatically install recommends dependencies (it should by default though).
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 09:56 Make sure you're running Java 8 and OpenJFX 8.
Try running sysinfo again to confirm its not accidentally using Java 11 which may also be installed.
Good point ;) while checking packages on my system according to your indications I discovered I had both openjdk 8 and 11, removed the 11 ones and now Filebot is working fine :D

Thanks a lot ;)

Side question: when you already own a year licence is there a discount if you upgrade to the permanent licence ?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Solved] Javafx error at start of Filebot !

Post by rednoah »

No, but the the life-time license should be 20% OFF from time to time. I think there's one planned for May.
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 10:35 No, but the the life-time license should be 20% OFF from time to time. I think there's one planned for May.
ah oki thanks for the nice info, will try to remember to check that in May not to miss it ;)

Best
vincen

Post by vincen »

Sorry to come back on that but problem came back of missing JavaFX on same computer (Filebot is still 4.8.5, no more recent one right ?) and Kubuntu 18.04. I have checked all previous points you had indicated but everything still ok so not sure where the problem is this time :(
Log at start of filebot:

vincen@Pingouin-de-Vincen:~$ filebot
Failed to initialize JavaFX
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/embed/swing/JFXPanel
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.initJavaFX(SwingUI.java:582)
        at net.filebot.Main.onStart(Main.java:196)
        at net.filebot.Main.lambda$null$0(Main.java:162)
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:472)
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:462)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel
        ... 5 more
and what I get when I try to rename some files:

ClassNotFoundException: javafx.concurrent.Task
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/concurrent/Task
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.lambda$actionPerformed$1(RenameAction.java:111)
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.withWaitCursor(SwingUI.java:337)
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.actionPerformed(RenameAction.java:77)
        at org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper$6.dispatchEvent(AtkWrapper.java:715)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.concurrent.Task
        ... 4 more
Thanks

Vincèn
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the JDK8 or JDK11 build?
gasde

Post by gasde »

for anyone coming across this (like me) what worked was following the instructions on https://askubuntu.com/questions/1139155 ... pplication

first explicitly install the openjfx 8 packages and then hold any future updates. I'm running linux mint 19.2. This was all after installing java 8 and making that the alternative.

Also, I had to manually download the universal-jdk8 main package because the installer script wanted to install the universal main package. Even though linux mint is based off of ubuntu 18.04.

This took me awhile to figure out as a linux noob so hopefully it saves some time for someone