Cant add sub to output

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
MickeMM

Cant add sub to output

Post by MickeMM »

Hello!

Im running this code when rtorrent/rutorrent is done, it works perfect. BUT, i cant get /subs or subbs that is namned sv.srt to be grabbed. Any solution?

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/micke/rtorrent/test" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict "/home/micke/rtorrent/download/filmer" --log-file amc_film.log --def excludeList=amc_filmer.txt --def ut_label=Movie --def movieFormat="/home/micke/rtorrent/test/film/{plex}";

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.7.7 (r4678) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_201 / Linux 4.15.0-47-generic (amd64)
Ubuntu 18.04
Thanks!
Regards,
rednoah
The Source

Re: Cant add sub to output

Post by rednoah »

If you're not happy with {plex} then you'll need to pass in your own format. I recommend sticking to the default 3-letter language codes, i.e. name.eng.srt

If the problem is about FileBot not picking up existing subtitles, then that's probably due to bad naming. Subtitle file names must match their corresponding movie file name, lest they be ignored. See amc console output for details.

:idea: It is recommended that you configure the amc script to just grab new subtitles, and none or found, then you can upload the ones you already have so it works for other people that don't have them.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MickeMM

Post by MickeMM »

Thanks for reply!
I'm very happy with the {plex} code.

The problem is that movie/serie that has /subs director wont copy the subs to the new directory and be rename as {plex} format.
All swe.srt will be copy if the are in the root folder of movie.

The subtitle is often better that is included. opensubtitle is often bad translated to swedish :)
So if i can use the subtitle that's included it would be great.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. Unfortunately, importing existing subtitles only works if the file naming matches.
MickeMM

Post by MickeMM »

I download the windows version and did a test, and it works even if i have /subs and are namned sv.srt
Do u know why it works on windows but not Ubuntu?

.srt files are in /subs/*.srt
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, the GUI will try it's best to guess everything, and let you decided if it guessed right or wrong.

The amc script calls subtitles that are not well organized "Orphaned" because the corresponding video file is not immediately obvious, and thus ignores them, as to avoid strange behaviour, since there's no human operator that can double check if things look right.

:idea: This use case is explicitly not supported by the amc script. However, if you can make certain assumptions about the naming of file and folder structure, then you can easily rename subtitles into a naming scheme more appropriate for subsequent amc script calls.

:idea: The original suggestion still remains. Let FileBot download the subtitles from OpenSubtitles, and if those aren't good, contribute the ones you have back to OpenSubtitles. Since subtitles will be linked to a specific file by hash, it'll always be perfectly synced to a given file (unless somebody uploaded bad subs, in which case you definitely wanna contribute better ones).