Movies to Folders for Plex via GUI "."

Support for Windows users
pcgumshoe

Movies to Folders for Plex via GUI "."

Post by pcgumshoe »

Subject describes what I want that I can't seem to find.

I understand, copy the "season" I have no Movie Seasons, mkay!

Next, when the new name is wrong, I'm supposed to press "shift click" doesn't seem to work, or maybe I miss read something.

I'm not a coder, I don't want to code, I want to use the GUI, no command line and yes I'm smart enough to figure it out

This was "touted" as the software to create folders of my folderless movie files, but every video I have watched that claims to talk about both episodes and movies only talks about episodes.

I only paid for the year, if you want me to buy the full subscription, this should be more intuitive. Don't get me wrong, the TV stuff is GREAT in my book and I will use it to clean up my library, but that's not why I was directed to and purchased your software.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movies to Folders for Plex via GUI "."

Post by rednoah »

Set your movie / series format to {plex} and process your files. Viola.

Code: Select all

P:/Plex/{plex}
:idea: Change P:/Plex according to where you want your Plex folder structure to go.

:arrow: https://youtu.be/RRq2_Pjyko8

:!: The "shift click" hidden feature is most likely not what you're looking for if you want to organize video files into a Plex file structure. It merely disabled auto-detection, so that you can enter the movie name, and pick the movie result manually, which is rarely if ever necessary. Feel free to post file path that don't work out of the box.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Let me explain, "voila"

Here, do this 1. 2. 3. end. and Voila

How does all of this factor in?

Under Presets (which I'm assuming is where I need to be, but maybe I'm wrong because your instructions aren't clear
Files:
Do Select Files
Use Original Files Selection (Selected)

Format:
Expression: IS THIS WHERE IS PUT THE VOILA MOMENT???? P:/Plex/{plex} then what?

Options:

Datasource
Rename Action <-------- again, if I'm in the right spot this could be dangerous on my VM copy, rename, what? to get folder?
Episode Order
Match Mode
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Sorry, about video, again TV Series not movie I'm concerned with moving ALL movies from ONE folder to individual folders for each movie, that's all using GUI.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

EDIT: I have looked at your screenshot and it makes no sense to me, as far as the input files are concerned. Is it a set of movies from the 1950ies? Some obscure animation from back then? Please post a few of the file paths. And explain what you would like FileBot to do with those files.

pcgumshoe wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 17:14 Sorry, about video, again TV Series not movie I'm concerned with moving ALL movies from ONE folder to individual folders for each movie, that's all using GUI.
So... just episode files? Just like in the video tutorial?
https://youtu.be/RRq2_Pjyko8

Load episode files on the left

Click Fetch Data -> TheTVDB

Double-Click any item in the New Names area to open the Format Editor and change format (or naming scheme) to whatever you want as output path, e.g. P:/Plex/{plex}. Then click Use Format.

Click Rename. Viola.

:idea: The {plex} format will give you TV Shows/Alias/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told file structure.

:idea: There are usually multiple ways to achieve the same things.

:!: Using Presets is not recommended for new users. Presets are used for automation once you already know what you're doing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you trying to process TV Shows or Movies?

The screenshots shows that you're likely processing movies, but your words say it's supposed to be TV Show episodes. If you have Movies, and you force FileBot to interpret them as TV Show episodes, then the results will be gibberish.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Running a few tests, looks like you're not lucky. These files just don't work well, since FileBot isn't familiar with your existing naming standard.

This works:

At War with the Army.mp4
This doesn't work:

1950 - At War with the Army.mp4
The latter will result in FileBot asking you to enter "At War with the Army" so it can identify the file.

:!: Note that I'm using TheMovieDB (Movie Mode)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

An advanced users would just switch around the year / name parts, as to avoid annoying manual input. This is a bit more advanced, and usually not required, if you have normally named files.

First generic rename 1950 - At War with the Army.mp4 to At War with the Army 1950.mp4, and then auto-matching with TheMovieDB and the {plex} format.

:idea: TL;DR FileBot has never really encountered files like yours, so it doesn't just work out of the box, though it can be made to work for your particular use case with a bit of work.

EDIT:

Further testing reveals that it works perfectly fine just by removing the dash, e.g. 1950 At War with the Army.mp4, but I have no idea why that would make such a critical difference. It shouldn't. :shock:
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Before I continue to read, I have to post: OH MY GOD!!!!

YES MOVIES!!!

The post says, "MOVIES TO FOLDERS FOR PLEX VIA GUI "." "

I have all my movies in ONE folder.
I need to move my movies to separate folders for plex edification
I want to use GUI
PERIOD

Your continued instructions have been for TV shows, I want MOVIES into FOLDERS. I cannot be more clear.
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

The 1950's stuff was a test, and they are ALL moves, Jerry Lewis Movies, to be exact. I didn't want to ruin my library or duplicate a lot.
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

These 1950's movies are the ODD men out, I removed them BECAUSE they are trouble, I figured since they were separate from the pack of movies (1000 or so) already, I would test them, try and put them into separate folders, my goal.

I want my movies in folders, not tv shows, are we clear yet?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

pcgumshoe wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 17:14 Sorry, about video, again TV Series not movie ...
Sorry, I was getting mixed signals there. :lol:

Alright, if you are processing movies, then you must click Fetch Data -> Movie Mode: TheMovieDB. Try that, move forward, and share screenshots again if you get stuck again.

:!: In your previous attempt, you seem to have clicked Episode Mode: TheMovieDB. Please select Movie Mode: TheMovieDB instead.

pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Big deal, I already renamed the files using Flash Renamer, I want to have YOUR program CREATE SUB FOLDERS for EACH MOVIE.

NOTE: After putting all the dates at the end in the proper format: title (year).ext all files were found without error, but your program did nothing to resolve the folders issue, they are all in the same folder.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Screenshot?

Load movies files on the left

Click Fetch Data -> MovieMode: TheMovieDB

Double-Click any item in the New Names area to open the Format Editor and change format (or naming scheme) to whatever you want as output path, e.g. P:/Plex/{plex}. Then click Use Format.

Click Rename. Viola.

e.g. our sample file from above, assuming it's identified correctly, will thus be formatted according to our format P:/Plex/{plex}, resulting in a final destination path like this:

P:/Plex/Movies/At War with the Army (1950)/At War with the Army (1950).mp4
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Nope, on the right, all file have now switched to c:/Jerry Lewis Movies as New Names

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k4hVyHulWPAskto1xNGfDxatSO-zK2CT
pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Sorry, also said there were no files to do anything to.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not sure how you got there...

So you're saying after doing (1) and (2) you end up with the screenshot you see? I don't think so. :roll:
rednoah wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 19:36 1.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Please perform each step and take a screenshot after each step so we can see where you go awry. :ugeek:
rednoah wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 19:36 1.

pcgumshoe

Post by pcgumshoe »

Nevermind, it's working now, needed to reload everything on the left after it had been processed once before.

I would consider doing a video on this subject because ALL your videos (even the ones that say MOVIES) never show how to do movies.

Thanks for your time, I will experiment with this and make sure that it works on my full library.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, the video tutorial happens to move episode files into a new folder structure:
https://youtu.be/RRq2_Pjyko8

Moving movies into a new folder structure works EXACTLY the same. It's a transferable skill. Now that you understand how it works for movies, you can also do it for episodes, and vice versa. ;)