(Noob ALERT!!) - Needing some help! - (Would be SO GRATEFUL!!)

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: (Noob ALERT!!) - Needing some help! - (Would be SO GRATEFUL!!)

Post by rednoah »

There are no settings, there is only the command and command line options.

What is the command you're running?

Command and command line output, i.e. everything you type and see.

:idea: Since we're testing with a small test folder, with a just few sample files, the logs will be clear and concise and show exactly what's working and what's not.

:idea: Any verbal description of the problem is entirely optional. Feel free to just copy & paste command + command line output. ;)

:idea: Here's an example for a good help request. Note how it primarily consists of copy & pasted command-line output, which shows exactly and unambiguously what's not working in just a few lines.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GtownE

Post by GtownE »

As I have said in this thread previously, I have really been trying to sort and organize my media so I may then use the duplicates script after. Was told I needed to include resolution within the filenames. Also was told to try a numbering scheme but don't even want to make it any worse asking for help with doing such. I have tried to change the formats to show resolutions on Movies as well as TV but apparently have failed somewhere.

FileBot sysinfo:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
Current application revision (r6224) does not match cache revision (r6221): reset cache
FileBot 4.8.5 (r6224)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.12
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\E\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\.xattr\.xattr
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2019-04-23 (r560)
Groovy: 2.5.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 83 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Activate License P7277521
License: FileBot License P7277521 (Valid-Until: 2020-03-23)
Done ?(?????)?
Script:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "O:/HopetoKnow" --action move --conflict skip --def deleteAfterExtract=y -non-strict "O:/Dontknowanymore" --def movieFormat="O:/HopetoKnow/{plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}" seriesFormat="{plex.derive {" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}" animeFormat="{plex}" musicFormat="{plex}" --log-file amc.log --def clean=y --def unsorted=y --def excludeList=amc.txt
Output:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "O:/HopetoKnow" --action move --conflict skip --def deleteAfterExtract=y -non-strict "O:/Dontknowanymore" --def movieFormat="{plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}" seriesFormat="{plex.derive {" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}" animeFormat="{plex}" musicFormat="{plex}" --log-file amc.log --def clean=y --def unsorted=y --def excludeList=amc.txt
Locking C:\Users\E\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\logs\amc.log
Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\[$vf.$vc.$ac]}} ([$vf.$vc.$ac]}})
Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\animeFormat={plex} (animeFormat={plex})
Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\musicFormat={plex} (musicFormat={plex})
Run script [fn:amc] at [Tue Apr 23 21:38:59 CDT 2019]
Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y
Parameter: movieFormat = {plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex.derive {
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: excludeList = amc.txt
Argument[0]: O:\Dontknowanymore
Argument[1]: File does not exist: [$vf.$vc.$ac]}}
Argument[2]: File does not exist: animeFormat={plex}
Argument[3]: File does not exist: musicFormat={plex}
Use excludes: O:\HopetoKnow\amc.txt (1)
I have also noticed inside the logs that

SevenZipException: Archive file can't be opened with none of the registered codecs
appears a lot, I am sure that has something else I am doing incorrectly. But is the LEAST of my concerns so please address all other issues before this one.

Just over the 1 month mark of trying to use Filebot for its purpose. I thought when I found this program my struggling would be over! Unfortunately, it had just begun.... Not program's fault I am not educated in the coding department! Hopefully someone can bring a few Aspirin and shed some light this way.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Your command-line arguments are completely broken because you're not quoting them correctly.

Step 1: This tutorial will teach you all you need to know about argument parsing:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1899

:idea: "..." has special meaning on the command-line, but your format also contains "..." so things go awry from there.

Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex.derive {

Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\[$vf.$vc.$ac]}} ([$vf.$vc.$ac]}})

Step 2: Now that we understand why it's not working, we avoid the problem all together by reading complex custom formats verbatim from text files, instead of passing them via command-line arguments which would require us to escape the argument value correctly:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3244
GtownE

Post by GtownE »

I think I understand the argument function.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "O:/Doneit" --action move --conflict skip --def deleteAfterExtract=y -non-strict "O:/Doit" --def @C:\Users\E\Desktop\filebotscript\scriptar\arg.txt --log-file amc.log --def clean=y --def unsorted=y
arg.txt:

movieFormat=Movies/"{plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}"
seriesFormat=TV/"{plex.derive {" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}"
animeFormat=Anime/"{plex}"
musicFormat=Music/"{plex}"

So when a rename takes place where does filebot store its rename history? I know there is a cmd to view history but where is the actual history stored within filebot dir? Surely if I used a program to completely uninstall every reminant the history would be gone with it....

Reason I ask is I've uninstalled filebot several times with wise and iobit uninstaller several times trying to clear out all saved formats and history and reminantes of filebot. Before uninstalling, I always made zips of entire filebot directories in appdata and program files just in case I ever needed in the future for troubleshooting.

I'd like to find all renaming history within the saved zips of filebot before I uninstalled and unzip history and merge all history files together (new and old) so I can revert ALL changes and apply this correctly written script.

The new script I used worked better than previous tries however I've seen major incorrect named files. For instance several files being named S01E01... Sad thing is that since the TV shows havent been watched by me yet, I dont know which one is the accurate S01E01 and which is not. Such a cluster! So I'm thinking about hopefully getting all history merged reverting all changes and starting for square 1 to use this script to hopefully have better naming results

I know when using GUI it will ask to confirm TV/Movie but when using cmd if script doesn't have a 100% match, I wish I could make it send those files to another folder. I think that the unsorted command does that to an extent, however, I still see that there are still mislabeled files somehow that are getting by that command. I am trying to have 100% accuracy. One run with script through the 100% matching and let me go through the list of unmatched myself to avoid mismatching
Last edited by GtownE on 25 Apr 2019, 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Since we're using an args file, we no longer have to worry about "..." quoting command-line arguments, since each line will be treated as 1 single argument:

movieFormat={plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}
seriesFormat={plex.derive{" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}
animeFormat={plex}
musicFormat={plex}
:idea: {plex} already includes the TV Shows / Movies / Music / etc content type folder.

FileBot will store the history in a file called history.xml in its application data folder. The application data folder depends on how you've installed FileBot. Run filebot -script fn:sysinfo for details.

If you find mismatches, please post the logs, or at least the file names so I can try run a few tests myself.

There's a few tricks you can do to possibly vastly increase accuracy, depending on your work flow. Please read the amc script documentation for details on that.
GtownE

Post by GtownE »

filebot -script fn:amc --output "O:/Doneit" --action move --conflict skip --def deleteAfterExtract=y -non-strict "O:/Doit" --def @C:\Users\E\Desktop\filebotscript\scriptar\arg.txt --log-file amc.log --def clean=y --def unsorted=y

movieFormat={plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}
seriesFormat={plex.derive {" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}
animeFormat={plex}
musicFormat={plex}
If something gettings sorted in the Anime folder its usually always an error because I don't watch Anime at all.

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.5 (r6224)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.12
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\E\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\.xattr\.xattr
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2019-04-23 (r560)
Groovy: 2.5.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 38 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License P7277521 (Valid-Until: 2020-03-23)
Done ?(?????)?
So I am guessing the history would be in the \AppData\Roaming\Filebot\
But which file there would contain the history and is it possible to merge three files together? If so how would I do that? Lets say with a program like NotePad+++?

((If #2 seems pointless and I am wasting my time even considering messing with all of this please let me know.))

It is EXTREMELY hard to narrows down every error without going through process libraries and folders with a fine comb. But As I stated previously, I wish I could add something that will shoot files that are in doubt or not 100% accurate to another folder but still trying to learn how to do that. Was hoping you would share a link for that need.

The one file I remember most recent was:
The HBO TV series "The Pacific (2010)" https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-pacific
was being named "War Dogs of the Pacific (2009)"https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/61634- ... uage=en-US
Goes:
War Dogs of the Pacific (2009) CD1
War Dogs of the Pacific (2009) CD2
War Dogs of the Pacific (2009) CD3 etc etc etc

Have also been seeing a lot of "The Haunting of Hill House"
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-haun ... hill-house
renamed as "The Haunting Of"
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-haunting-of

"The Fix" on ABC(US)
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-fix
renamed as "The Fix (2018)" on Netflix
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-fix-carr-2018
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-fix-2018

"Magnum P.I." on CBS
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/magnum-pi-2018
renamed as "Magnum, P.I."
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/magnum-pi

"Bull (2016)" on CBS
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/bull-2016
renamed as "Bull (2015)"
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/bull-2015

I seen a few issues with "The Good Doctor" on ABC https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-good-doctor issues as well but that was long ago and can't recall what it renamed it to. Could have been "Good Doctor" but don't quote me as I am not 100% about it.

Other to mention that I have seen issues with renaming as well:
Vida - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/340976
Veep - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/veep
All American (2018) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/all-american-2018
Vanity Fair (2018) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/vanity-fair-2018
Les Misérables (2018) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/les-miserables-2018
Crashing - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/crashing

I have downloaded several "Ultra Music Festival Live" videos (aka UMF, UMFTV, Ultra) in the past few years that are often confused as TV and Movies. They are basically music videos in a sense but they are recorded live. When they are wrongly identified its not a big deal as I know that when there is a random show that is renamed that I haven't ever heard of before or a movie that is from the 80's I can usually find them if I am paying attention. So they have been named as "The Weekenders", "Love Live!", "The Day", "Once Upon Ay Time in Mumbai Dobaara", and others.
~(Again not a very big deal to me right now since this isn't something I plan on watching right now. More worried about the legit TV and Movies)

~(Please note: I know you would want logs and other things to test these but I have already fixed most of these manually. I was giving you some examples since you asked.)

I do have a lot of TWO PART collections, which I hope to convert to a single file soon so I didn't want to experiment on the script and make all my two part media get jacked up. I hope to get a list of my CD1 and CD2 files and find new downloads as most of those were downloaded very very long ago and have single files now.

I have no work flow right now. This is just a simple cmd line run. I have no configured any automation yet with Sonarrr, Radarr, or SABnzbd. Would like to as soon as I feel confident enough to do so. Currently, I am just opening a CMD and typing in script so no workflow going on. If that is what you mean when you say my workflow, if not I am not understanding the term "workflow" if it doesn't mean "automated scripts". All I want to do right now is correctly rename my media with resolutions and/or with 1,2,3,4,5 after file names and afterwards run the duplicates script that is on another thread that you have posted and then hopefully worry about automation later to see FileBot for all its glory!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

XML files are text files. It's trivial to copy & paste them together. FileBot even has an import / export feature in the History Dialog so you can just import multiple history.xml files, and so FileBot will merge them for you.

If you run into problems in the future, please make individual threads for individual problems, post logs and file paths, and then we can have a look and possibly fix them one by one:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1868

:idea: If you don't set -non-strict then FileBot will be a lot more strict. Depending on your files this may or may not be what you want, because it'll also prevent FileBot from processing files that it would be matching correctly.

:idea: Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do here without logs and file paths.

I see. Please read Advanced Fine-Tuning for details:
viewtopic.php?t=215

The idea is to force Anime / Movie / TV mode if you're only processing one kind, so FileBot can't get it wrong. Or focusing FileBot on only recently aired episodes, if you're only processing recently aired episodes, so FileBot can't get it wrong. Depending on your situation, you may or may not make any of these assumptions.
GtownE

Post by GtownE »

2. Awesome! You didn't say I shouldn't worry about it so I will use Filebot's merge function for this and see what happens.
3. Okay, so I have only two options when filebot cmd is processing, either strict or non-strict. Wish there was an an other options that says "FileBot, when in doubt, just DON'T and put those files doubted here in this folder for me!".
4. Hopefully soon I get to this point. Is my goal.

----
~~~
----

4. I saw a thread where you helped someone who was having issues with duplicates, amc scripts, lower resolutions, and you helped rename his files using resolution with numbered file names if filebot found exact same? I have been searching for the thread all week, but can't seem to find it?? Mind directing me to it?

"Filename w/resoultion"
"Filename w/resoultion 1"
"Filename w/resoultion 2"
"Filename w/resoultion 3"

I would like to run a script that would unarchive all archives within a given folder. I know FileBot has the AMC script and I also saw the extract.groovy script in the library however I do not know how simple it is to edit and run one of these commands on the cmd line. I did not see any examples or threads about it in forum. Maybe I overlooked it?
Would it be possible to run an extract all cmd line script? So if I wanted all my archives within "E:\Movies" to be unarchived and moved into new destination folder "E:\Unzipped"

filebot -script fn:extract.groovy?? --output "path/to/output" --input "path/to/input"??

Maybe you can help me out with what I am needing to run or direct me to a thread explaining more
or is what I am asking for an amc script with many args or another script totally different?
I was even thinking about using 7z cmd line function but can't find any exact examples for what I am trying to achieve with it.

What I don't want is for the folders containing the zips and rars to be touched other than unarchiving and moving into another folder. I don't care if they are given a folder tree, renamed, sorted, grouped, or if they are all mixed together all in a single folder, as long as they are unarchived so I can go through them manually myself.

The reason for my request:
I have noticed that if I use the GUI FileBot that it sometimes renames the archives/rar files and when it comes time to "rename/move" files into its final destination it won't let me due to duplication issues of the rar files.

I thought that is why you created the "Preserve/Override" option if I am not mistaken, but still trying to understand more about "Preserve/Override". However, I still need to tend to the archives I currently have and delete the leftovers because they are in the way and are near being extinct soon if not now anyways. I thought with the GUI that I would be able to load all zips and unarchive them with that "option" being available in the "filter" section because I see the "Extract All" button but I can't seem to figure out how to make this method word for me because highlighting and/or dragging doesn't give the ability to "Extract All", I must be missing something here.

Is there a way to have GUI FileBot ignore archives (winrar files)?
Say if I include something within the format/syntax/preset?

Preset Custom Movie= O:/{plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}
Preset Custom TV= O:/{plex.derive {" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}
Is there a way to "advance tune" the GUI Filebot?
Would like a way to try advance tuning my results for the GUI for movies and tv. I usually do not watch anything older than 'year 2000' and would like to somehow add it to my format if it is possible. I know its used for cmd but just wanting to at least ask about GUI.

So like right now within the GUI I have these Movies I am having issues with:

~ "Conan the Barbarian (1982)"
Should be - "Conan the Barbarian(2011)"

~ "Deserter (1933)"
Should be - "Deserter (2002)"

~ "True Grit (1969)"
Should be - "True Grit (2010)"

~ "The Littlest Angel (1969)"
Should be - "The Littlest Angel (2011)"

Preset Custom Movie= O:/{plex.derive{' ' + [resolution]}}
Preset Custom TV= O:/{plex.derive {" [$vf.$vc.$ac]"}}
If I had something added to my preset to let FileBot GUI know it is at least year 2000++ or above I think I would be in a better situation. This may not be possible for the GUI but figured I'd ask just to make sure.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Perhaps you're talking about --conflict index? Adding the resolution to the filename what your custom format does already.

filebot -extract -r "E:\Movies" --output "E:\Unzipped"

If you're using the amc script, then you can use the --def ignore option.

Sorry, the GUI doesn't have an equivalent to the --filter option, since the latter is a rule based solution in absence there being a user to make decisions.