How to organize [BBQ Ribs/Season 01/001. Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv]

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
bloom21

How to organize [BBQ Ribs/Season 01/001. Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv]

Post by bloom21 »

First off... love the software and has been amazing as a paid user.

Thank you for this :D

I have files that come in as this format:

001. Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv

This sits in a folders I have named:

BBQ Ribs/Season 01/

I am wondering how to have the files named as:

BBQ Ribs - S01E01 - Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv

Assuming I will have more Season folders thereafter...

I am using PLEX and have tried many combos with little success and will admit I am not a coder.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Need some help - please :)

Post by rednoah »

I can't find a show called BBQ Ribs on TheTVDB:
https://www.thetvdb.com/search?q=BBQ+Ribs

:idea: Assuming that you're talking about arbitrary home video, that's organized as if it was a TV Series, is definitely not something Plex / Kodi / etc can work with. These tools don't organize files by file and folder naming. They use the limited information from your files to lookup complete metadata online, and then that's what's being used to provide the nice interface.

:idea: FileBot can be used to rename arbitrary files in the way you want, but that's not gonna make Plex / Kodi / etc work for these files in any shape or form.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
bloom21

Re: How to organize [BBQ Ribs/Season 01/001. Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv]

Post by bloom21 »

True enough sir... it's a YouTube download.

Apologies I should have stated that.

Is the above scenario not possible then or?

Thanks in advance
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to organize [BBQ Ribs/Season 01/001. Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv]

Post by rednoah »

If you still want to name files just for the sake of it, then you can use the following generic file format:

Code: Select all

{f.dir.dir.name}
- S{f.path.match(/Season (\d+)/)}E{(fn.before(/[.]/) as int).pad(2)}
- {fn.after(/[.]/)}
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2072
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

Very close but using that string I get this output:

HowToBBQRight- SE01- Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest

It doesn't pick up the season # despite it residing in the Season 01 folder
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

After some additional testing on this end it DOES pick up Season 02 (S02E01) ... just not season 01

It shows it as :
SE01
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

LOL please disregard my comments ... it works flawlessly thank you very much indeed.

It was an error on my end (typo when naming Season DIR)

You are legend rednoah.

Much thanks and appreciation!
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

How may I pay for additional services and how is contact made?
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

On further inspection I see malformed output:

Creates:

HowToBBQRight- S01E01- Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv

Should be:

HowToBBQRight - S01E01 - Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv

Difference: One space before and after - for plex to be happy
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here you go:

{f.dir.dir.name}
 - S{(f.dir.name.match(/\d+/) as int).pad(2)}
E{(fn.before(/[.]/) as int).pad(2)}
 - {fn.after(/[.]/)}
:idea: Payment can be rendered in self-directed marketing and advertisement services for FileBot. :lol:
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

rednoah wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 07:31 :idea: Payment can be rendered in self-directed marketing and advertisement services for FileBot. :lol:
More than happy to oblige on this offer!

Question:

Given the naming convention as per this thread... should PLEX not pick up on the NAME of the episode based on title of the video ? Or is that asking too much of it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{plex} only works for structured data, i.e. doesn't work if the file hasn't been matched to TheTVDB episode information.

e.g. an episode object:

{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Firefly","season":1,"episode":1,"title":"Serenity","absolute":1,"airdate":{"year":2002,"month":12,"day":20},"id":297999,"seriesInfo":{"database":"TheTVDB","order":"DVD","language":"en","id":78874,"name":"Firefly","aliasNames":["Serenity","Firefly (2002)","Светлячок","פיירפלי","파이어플라이"],"certification":"TV-14","startDate":{"year":2002,"month":9,"day":20},"genres":["Drama","Science-Fiction"],"network":"FOX (US)","rating":9.5,"ratingCount":473,"runtime":45,"status":"Ended"}}

e.g. a plain file object:

{"path": "BBQ Ribs/Season 01/001. Prepping Baby Back Ribs at KCBS BBQ Contest.mkv"}
:idea: This is what we're working with in plain file mode. The information we can parse from the file path, is the information we have, no more, no less.
bloom21

Post by bloom21 »

Appreciate the responses and assistance rednoah.

Much thanks :)