Unable to select sample file for expression binding

Any questions? Need some help?
nothinghere

Unable to select sample file for expression binding

Post by nothinghere »

I'm trying to see what data comes back from one of my movies by using the "Edit Format->Change Sample" button, however I can only select a folder.
Avatar Part 1 is always the selected media info, if I manually type in the name of the mkv file it complains about it not being a folder.

Am I missing something or is there a bug?

Windows 10, Filebot version 4.8.5
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unable to select sample file for expression binding

Post by rednoah »

Nope, it's definitely asking me to select video or audio files, and does not even allow me to select folders.

Regardless, I'd just match files as usual, and then double-click the the Episode / Movie item on the right-hand side to open the Format Editor (as opposed to clicking on Edit Format) which will allow you to test your format expression on live matches.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nothinghere

Post by nothinghere »

Weird, with the latest beta I can select a file, but not all the bindings update.

Oh well, seems the double clicking method works anyway, and far simpler for checking multiple files so I'll just do that.
cloudbank

Post by cloudbank »

I have a similar problem - no matter what media file I select, the Info Object never ever changes. It's always Firefly (for TV) or Avatar (for movies). I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong; I've tried everything I can think of. The Preview in the Episode Bindings editor shows me Firefly no matter what Media file I choose. When I open MediaInfo, I see the right data for the Media file I have selected, but it doesn't make any difference, my sample is Firefly (or Avatar) no matter what I choose.

Am I doing something wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Use the double-click method to open the format for the selected match.

:idea: If you open the Format Editor without a specific match (i.e. via Fetch Data) then the sample info object is pre-defined, and the sample file is undefined, until you set it. If you set a sample file with xattr metadata, then FileBot will set both the sample file, as well as the info object. If the sample file has no xattr metadata, then just the sample file will be set, and the info object remains unchanged.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.