Episode Renamin - Filebot aborts with CmdlineException: Processing failed because it is an exact copy and already exists

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Predator2912

Episode Renamin - Filebot aborts with CmdlineException: Processing failed because it is an exact copy and already exists

Post by Predator2912 »

Hi Guys,

Today I wanted to use Filebot Node to rename my series and find out that there are some problems.

The Filebot aborts each time with the following error:
CmdlineException: Processing failed .... because it is an exact copy and already exists

It does not matter if I use --conflict auto or --conflict skip.
Apparently there are problems with some different files, so I have to delete these files myself.

Example:

video_1.mkv
video_2.mkv
video_3.mkv
video_4.mkv
video_5.mkv
video_6.mkv

The filebot aborts because video_1.mkv already exists.

Then i have manually delete video_1.mkv and restart filebot, and then, for example, video_2.mkv / video_3.mkv and video_4.mkv are renamed, and video_5.mkv breaks off filebot again because it already exists. And I have to manually delete video_5.mkv again so Filebot goes on, which can be annoying for several episodes really.

What can this be?
And what can I do so that Filebot automatically skips these files?

I used Filebot and Filebot-Node on my Synology NAS

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.5 (r6224)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 19.04
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.4.3
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2019-05-15 (r565)
Groovy: 2.5.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 12.0.1
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 53 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux MadM4x-NAS 3.10.105 #24922 SMP Fri May 10 02:50:17 CST 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_braswell_916+
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root
Package: SPK
Activate License ************
License: FileBot License ************ (Valid-Until: 2019-09-24)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Re: Episode Renamin - Filebot aborts with CmdlineException: Processing failed because it is an exact copy and already ex

Post by rednoah »

:?: Why are you processing files that you have already processed?

:?: Are you processing the same files from the same source file to the same destination file over and over?

:!: You do not want to process all your files over and over and over ad infinitum. FileBot checks for that and gives you an appropriate error message.

:idea: If you're testing on the same file over and over, then you can use --action test (e.g. Dry Run via FileBot Node) to just do nothing.

:idea: If you are processing the same files over and over, then you need to add some sort of filter to only process files that haven't previously been processed already (e.g. via a keeping a list of processed files, or checking last modified date, etc)

:idea: If you're using the amc script (e.g. via FileBot Node) then the --def excludeList will do just that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Predator2912

Re: Episode Renamin - Filebot aborts with CmdlineException: Processing failed because it is an exact copy and already ex

Post by Predator2912 »

No, that's not what I meant.

But it does happen that I miss a few episodes of a season. Therefore, I wait until the season is complete and get me this completely.

In one series, i can sort this out manually.
But with several series, it's quite easier and faster to "scan" the whole season with Filebot.

Precisely because Filebot skips existing episodes.

The real question is therefore why there are episodes that Filebot skips with "Episode Exists" and breaks off on some different episodes with "Episode is an Exact Copy and Exists".
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Predator2912 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 12:44 But with several series, it's quite easier and faster to "scan" the whole season with Filebot.
How is the exclude list feature not a solution for this use case? That's exactly what it's for, so you can re-process the same input folder over and over, but only deal with the new files each time.

Monday:
* Process Alias 1x01.mp4
* Add Alias 1x01.mp4 to exclude list

Tuesday:
* Process Alias 1x01.mp4 and Alias 1x02.mp4
* Ignore Alias 1x01.mp4 because it's on the exclude list already
* Add Alias 1x02.mp4 to exclude list

:idea: This is pretty much how FileBot Node works by default, unless you have explicitly disabled the exclude list feature.

:?: Please post the complete amc script log, so we can see what command you're executing, and what the output says, before it errors out.

Predator2912 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 12:44 The real question is therefore why there are episodes that Filebot skips with "Episode Exists" and breaks off on some different episodes with "Episode is an Exact Copy and Exists".
If you process a file called Alias 1x01.mp4 this week, and then copy a different higher quality file, also named Alias 1x01.mp4, a few days later, than that's ok. It's the same episode, but the source file is not the same.

However, if you process the exact same file, with the exact same file path, and exactly the same binary content, with exactly the same format, then FileBot will abort and make you fix your setup, because that's not really something that happens, unless you're accidentally doing something that you're not supposed to (e.g. wasting resources by processing files over and over indefinitely).
Predator2912

Post by Predator2912 »

rednoah wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 12:48 How is the exclude list feature not a solution for this use case? That's exactly what it's for.
I'm already using the exclusion list feature and will check this.
Almost a year ago I have unfortunately deleted the exclusion list.
But that does not affect the episodes of yesterday.

Is there a way to scan my directory with the TV series via Shell Command and to supplement the existing episodes to the exclusion list? To make sure that all episodes are registered there?
rednoah wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 12:48 However, if you process the exact same file, with the exact same file path, and exactly file content, with exactly the same format, then FileBot will abort and make you fix your setup, because that's not really something that happens, unless you're doing something that you're not supposed to (e.g. wasting resources by processing files over and over indefinitely).
Okay that would be an explanation for my problem.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Predator2912 wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 13:13 Is there a way to scan my directory with the TV series via Shell Command and to supplement the existing episodes to the exclusion list? To make sure that all episodes are registered there?
Updating the Last-Modified date is enough to work around these sanity checks, so you can just run touch on each file, and that'll then allow you to process all files again:

Code: Select all

find /path/to/files -type f -exec touch {} +