GUI for the recently added FileBot-Node API

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
fallenczar

GUI for the recently added FileBot-Node API

Post by fallenczar »

Background Scenario:
I'm currently running filebot 4.8.5 and filebot-node 0.2.8.5 natively on a headless ubuntu server.
I get my media from multiple sources and hence it gets downloaded to different folders.
i have set up predefined task using the new api that was introduced with filebot-node 0.2.8.3. However as i have multiple tasks that i have set up, i find it hard to recall what task id is associated with what action. I therefore end up remotely logging i to the server to run filebot individually on the folders.

i was wondering if the following could be implemented in filebot-node.
1. a descriptor for the task " rename Movies in folder XXX or rename Music is folder YYY" - this should be user editable
2. a button "Execute Preset Task" in the filebot-node gui which when pressed will give you a drop down menu to pick a task using the descriptor set above or task id if no descriptor is available.

i understand that this maybe a niche request, but i think this will help all those who are running a headless server.
Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Re: GUI for the recently added FileBot-Node API

Post by rednoah »

The first line of the log should include a full command-line, written when you first create the task, so you can tell what it's gonna be doing by looking at the first line:

Code: Select all

/opt/filebot-node/task 1 # filebot -script 'fn:amc' /input --output /output --action duplicate -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/opt/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

That's reasonable. FileBot Node isn't currently in active development, but I'll add it to the TODO list for next time maybe.

:arrow: https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node/issues/25

EDIT:

Fixed. The the calendar icon in the Tasks can now be used as Execute button to run tasks just like with curl, except via the browser.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
fallenczar

Re: GUI for the recently added FileBot-Node API

Post by fallenczar »

Thanks for the quick fix.