AMC script stopped working

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Fuzzynavel

AMC script stopped working

Post by Fuzzynavel »

I'm running utorrent and the AMC script with Filebot, and starting last night the script just decided to stop. It is kicking out errors like the one below for every torrent I download. Here is the log:

Code: Select all

Parameter: artwork = n
Parameter: music = n
Parameter: subtitles = ja
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\shares\Torrents\_Torrents\complete
Parameter: ut_file = The.Colber
MissingPropertyException: No such property: ut_kind for class: Script3
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: ut_kind for class: Script3
	at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:71)
	at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Failure (°_°)
Kind of strange that the filename of the torrent is truncated at 10 characters...

And here's the call from within utorrent:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "d:/shares" --log-file amc.log --action copy --def gmail=username:password --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=n --def music=n subtitles=ja artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC script stopped working

Post by rednoah »

What exact command did utorrent execute? Check the Logger tab. There's probably special characters somewhere in that argument that mess up the cmdline call on cmd level and then filebot gets called with invalid arguments.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Fuzzynavel

Post by Fuzzynavel »

It looks OK in the logger tab of utorrent:

[2013-04-16 21:08:30]  Executing: filebot -script fn:amc --output "d:/shares" --log-file amc.log --action copy --def gmail=user:pass --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=n --def music=n subtitles=ja artwork=y "ut_dir=D:\shares\Torrents\_Torrents\complete" "ut_file=The.Colbert.Report.2013.04.02.Jim.McGreevey.HDTV.x264-FQM.mp4" "ut_kind=single" "ut_title=The.Colbert.Report.2013.04.02.Jim.McGreevey.HDTV.x264-FQM.mp4" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5"
Could it be the underscore in the path on drive D?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So that's the command. Looks good. What does filebots log say? => check amc.log
Fuzzynavel

Post by Fuzzynavel »

I posted the content of the amc.log file in the first post in this thread.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If that's the log then somewhere the arguments get passed wrong. Basically filebot is run with invalid arguments.

Try the manually running the command in a new cmd window and play with it until you find what's causing the issue.

EDIT:
My guess would be that special characters (exclamation marks, questions marks, etc) in your email password mess with cmd argument parsing.
Fuzzynavel

Post by Fuzzynavel »

OK, I played around with it, and no luck.

In utorrent I downloaded a new torrent, and it didn't work. Then I went to the utorrent logger tab, and copied the command that it says it executed. I past it into a cmd prompt and it works just fine.

So when utorrent executes the command it looks good (at least within the GUI of utorrent), but for some reason it chokes in reality. When I copy the same command and run it myself, it works fine.

Is there any way to narrow down what is happening here?

About the username and password for gmail, it is just an alphanumeric password with nothing exciting in it to throw an error. It was a good theory though.

Thanks for the help with this. It is frustrating that it works when I do it but it doesn't work unattended.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Very odd. Then utorrent must be somehow messing up something.

Try this, with absolute path:

"C:/Program Files/Filebot/filebot.exe" -script fn:amc ...
Then to make sure it's working:

"C:/Program Files/Filebot/filebot.exe" -script fn:sysinfo ...
And then try to make the command more and more complex until it either works or you find exactly with what change you get this issue.
Fuzzynavel

Post by Fuzzynavel »

OK, I have a little time to experiment today and I've been changing things to see what might make a difference.

Here is the latest situation after trying the steps you suggested.

I have utorrent run the following when a torrent finishes:

filebot.exe -script fn:amc --output "d:/shares" --log-file amc.log "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"
It executes, and on the utorrent logger tab it shows:

[2013-04-20 09:42:22]  Executing: filebot.exe -script fn:amc --output "d:/shares" --log-file amc.log "ut_dir=D:\shares\Torrents\_Torrents\complete" "ut_file=The.Daily.Show.2013.04.18.Mark.Mazzetti.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4" "ut_kind=single" "ut_title=The.Daily.Show.2013.04.18.Mark.Mazzetti.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4" "ut_label=" "ut_state=11"
However, there is an error, and the error appears in the amc.log file as:

Apr 20, 2013 9:42:27 AM net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentBean getFiles
??: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
Argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_dir=D:\shares\Torrents\_Torrents\complete
Argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_file=The.Daily.Show.2013.04.18.Mark.Mazzetti.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4
Argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_kind=single
Argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_title=The.Daily.Show.2013.04.18.Mark.Mazzetti.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4
Argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_label=
Argument: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_state=11
Exception: File not found: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\デスクトップ\ut_dir=D:\shares\Torrents\_Torrents\complete
Failure (°_°)
For some reason the argument that is passed to the AMC script includes a local path (why?) and that local path includes some Japanese text (since my computer, server and OS are Japanese). The Japanese means "Desktop".

I should repeat that if I run the code from the utorrent logger tab manually from a command line it works perfectly. Changing to an absolute path to call the script as you suggested in the previous post does not have any effect on the error.

Is this helpful information? I guess if I figure out where in the process the extra path information is being inserted into the argument I can fix the problem?

Thanks for your patience and help on this!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's --def name=value name=value etc. You didn't specify the --def so you're passing file arguments, not script variables.
Fuzzynavel

Post by Fuzzynavel »

That did the trick. Thanks for all your help. I've sent you a little money via Paypal for your time.

Keep up the good work!