'Skip small video file' on Syno DS216se

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
sblack55

'Skip small video file' on Syno DS216se

Post by sblack55 »

This is one of several problems I am having after moving my PVR setup from my main NAS to a secondary. I will report each issue in its own thread.

I often have renames (COPY) being skipped with the 'Skip small video file' message in the log, even though the file is normally sized at over 1GB. The behavior is inconsistent. It was first noticed when I tried adding '--def "ut_label=<TV|Movie"' to my command. I subsequently pulled that back out and the behavior is diminished, but still occurs.

The source folder is a local share on the NAS where FileBot is running. The target folder is a remote folder mapped via CIFS into that local share.

Sample Log:

Code: Select all

Jul 08 21:01:34: Run script [fn:amc] at [Mon Jul 08 21:01:29 EDT 2019]
Jul 08 21:01:34: Parameter: seriesFormat = TV Shows/{ny}/Season {s}/{n}.{s00e00}.{t}
Jul 08 21:01:34: Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{ny}/{n}
Jul 08 21:01:34: Skip small video file: /volume1/PVR/Penn & Teller_ Fool Us/Penn & Teller_ Fool Us.S06E04.Penn & Teller Cure the Common Code.ts
Jul 08 21:01:34: Done ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Environment:
  • Model Name: Synology DS216se
  • CPU: MARVELL Armada 370 88F6707
  • DSM Version: DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 2
  • FileBot Version: 4.8.5
rednoah
The Source

Re: 'Skip small video file' on Syno DS216se

Post by rednoah »

What does the console output say if you run this command?

filebot -mediainfo -r /volume1/PVR --format "{gigabytes} | {hours} | {fn}"

:!: There are known cases where buggy CIFS server implementation erroneously report file size 0 for some files in directory listings.

You can disable the limits by setting them to 0. See amc script manual for details on script parameters.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
elgallo

Post by elgallo »

I am having the same issue, however it is for actual small files, Tom and Jerry each video is ~5 minutes long and ~70MB in size. how can I bypass or force filebot to "see"/process small files
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can disable the limits by setting them to 0. See amc script manual for details on script parameters.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

I'm not sure I correctly understood the syntax of the above command. I tried a few variations but got the same dump in each case. The Java error report is at https://pastebin.com/0cJLL2a0

Good to know about the CIFS issue. Distressing, but good to know. However, since the source file in question is (always) on the local NAS volume, I don't think the problem is related to that.

In the meantime, I have disabled the size limit and reinserted the ut_label setting. We'll see if that works around the issue. The first time the script ran after that change, it failed due to an apparent error at TheTVDB, so I'll have to wait for another example to say more.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This crash is unrelated to FileBot or any specific option you might have set. A Java 12 issue on certain armv7 devices. The latest FileBot beta includes a workaround.

The file size limit check is rather simple. The reported file size is either greater than the limit or not. If the limit is 10 MB then the reported file size is less than that.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

Thinking the beta would be worth a shot given my current problems, but I don't see it in the Synology package center (with Betas turned on) for either of my NAS devices.

Oh, and by the way, I have so far neglected to thank you for your quick responses. I have looked for answers in the forums many times and I must say your support is truly excellent! Thanks for all the hard work you do.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. You'll have to download and install the latest SPK manually via DSM.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

Got the beta installed, thanks. Ran mediainfo again and it did not crash. Now rebuilding cache which looks like it might take a week on this processor! Interesting that it seems to have a record of files that it has never touched on this NAS.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

Oh, I get it. It finished rebuilding the cache and now it's walking through the media folder as I told it to with the mediainfo command. I will cancel that, and see what happens in normal operations. If I have to do this command again it will take some thought because my target folder is a subfolder of the source AND is a remote folder. VERY slow!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can pass in a specific file path to the filebot -mediainfo command if you're interested in info for a specific file.

If you use basic file system information, then it'll be significantly faster:

--format "{gigabytes} | {fn}"
:idea: Because {hours} is a MediaInfo binding which requires the file to be read at least partially. The file name and file size are file system attributed unrelated to the file content.
sblack55

Post by sblack55 »

The file skipping problem seems to be resolved by the minFileSize argument. The crash was resolved by the beta, but the beta has now introduced a Java heap space issue. I will start a separate thread for that.

Thanks for all the help!