Intergration of Filebot with Sonarr

Any questions? Need some help?
gtangsk

Intergration of Filebot with Sonarr

Post by gtangsk »

Loving Filebot and have my set up nicely integrated with Sonarr and Radarr using the AMC script to do all the renaming and sym-linking. I've got a bit of a silly problem and I'm sure there is an easy solution that I haven't thought of (or someone could say it's not really an issue at all...):

1. I have recently had to rebuild my server using a backup. No biggie. Have imported my Movies back into Radarr (although I guess not strictly needed as I'm happy with the current quality) and TV Shows back into Sonarr (so Sonarr can continue monitoring new TV shows for new eps).
2. I set my Movies and TV Shows to Media/Movies and Media/TV Shows. So, for example, the entry for 24 points to Media/TV Shows/24 in Sonarr. So far so good.
3. The small wrinkle is that, say, if there is a new episode out for 24, then Sonarr will pick it up and download it to Media/TV Shows/24. Filebot then picks up the download episode, renames and symlinks it into exactly the same sub-directory.
4. Filebot is not doing anything wrong, it's doing exactly what it's meant to be doing. But the result is that now I have two 'copies' of the same episode in Media/TV Shows/24. The one that deluge downloaded and the one that Filebot rename processed and plopped back into the same sub-directory. It's not a huge problem as it's sym-linked and doesn't really waste disk space but it's you know...messy... and I'm picky like that.
5. I can't set the path for 24 to a download directory (e.g. deluge/downloads) in Sonarr as doing so will mean that Sonarr doesn't pick up the backed up episodes that I previously restored under point 1. If I did that, Sonarr will search for s01e01 of 24 in deluge/downloads, see that it's missing (as it is sitting in Media/TV Shows/24) and then proceed to download that episode.

Hopefully the above is slightly clearer than mud. I guess one solution is to: (i) set the path to deluge/downloads in Sonarr; and (ii) manually unmonitor episodes that I restored from the backup which should solve the problem but wondering if anyone had any other bright ideas?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Intergration of Filebot with Sonarr

Post by rednoah »

It is generally recommended that input / output folders are completely separate, i.e. process /deluge/complete to /Media, FileBot does give you complete control over how and where to you want to move and rename your files.

I'm not too familiar with Sonarr. So you're saying Sonarr and FileBot sort files into the same directory, and thus you end up with duplicates? Maybe you can tell Sonarr to not organize files after download complete, since FileBot is already doing that.

Alternatively, you could have Sonarr and FileBot organize files into completely different folders, and then just ignore the Sonarr one, maybe even have Sonarr call FileBot on new additions to add them to the FileBot library, just like you're doing with deluge.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gtangsk

Post by gtangsk »

So Sonarr doesn't do any post-processing at the moment. The reason I'm running into this problem is:

1. I restored my Media (i.e. output directory) from a backup as my seedbox gave out. I had Sonarr point to the output directory so that it could parse what episodes have already been downloaded and go out and grab any missing episodes. I can't have Sonarr point to my input directory (for example, deluge/completed) as that directory wasn't backed up and is basically blank post-restore.

2. So when Sonarr does go out and grab an episode, it plops it into the output directory as, for example, s01e01_Episode Name_H264_blahblahblah. Sonarr doesn't post-process this file. Filebot then picks up the file and does its magic but (as it should do) plop the file in exactly the same output directory symlinked and beautifully re-named as s01e01_Episode Name. So now I have two 'copies' of the same file (albeit one is symlinked) in the same directory. This wouldn't be an issue if I was starting from scratch - as you say, if I was starting from scratch I would just have Sonarr pointing to the input directory and have Filebot symlink the file in the proper output directory. Put another way, if Sonarr had the option to specify two directories: (i) one for where to plop downloads; and (ii) one where it scans for episodes then this issue goes away - but as far as I'm aware it doesn't.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Why not have a 3rd directory exclusively for FileBot output?

Deluge and Sonarr both call FileBot, no? And you can manually call FileBot on files acquired or restored through other channels.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.