Some files not processed | TV shows on different drives

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
IceQueen

Some files not processed | TV shows on different drives

Post by IceQueen »

So I'm posting on behalf of my son who is not very computer literate so there will be delays between responses
He's having several issues with his AMC command
He has the following command in uTorrent

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def artwork=y unsorted=y reporterror=y storereport=y seriesFormat="E:/{n}/{s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" excludelist=amc.txt --log-file D:/amc.log "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
He has his TV shows split across 2 drives. Drive E if for regular TV shows. Drive F: is for Documentaries (Think Ancient Aliens). He uses Kodi as his media center. Filebot will only move TV shows to E: since that's what on the series format.

These are the specific errors he's having

1. Ancient Aliens is moved to E:\ each week. I've had him create a hidden folder on E:\ called "Ancient Aliens" which is a link to the real Ancient Aliens on his F:\ drive (It has to be hidden otherwise Kodi will process it twice resulting dupes). Is there a way to have documentaries go to drive F: and regular TV shows go to E:? There are several documentaries, AA was just one example, but they all suffer the outcome

2. Filebot refuses to process TV shows for Ghost Adventures (The most current series). According to tvdb there are two TV shows with the exact same name. I've asked him for his AMC.log. It does the same for the 2018 series Instinct

3. Ridiculousness has two episode schedules - on tvdb and tvmaze. There is 5 or 6 episode difference. So every ridiculousness that gets downloaded ends up with the wrong name and has to be manually renamed then processed by filebot. How to fix?

4. He uses ShowRSS as his source for TV shows. They support multiple resolutions. He has set some shows for "Any HD format" because the FHD might only have an 80% availability. If the 720p downloads, then a 1080p later the 1080p is ignored (I guess because the 720p of the same name has already been downloaded and processed so that would be a duplicate conflict??)

5. Does he really need to fetch artwork? Kodi does this when it scrapes the TV shows.

6. Your purchasing page says "A single per-user license is valid on all platforms and can be used on multiple machines." Do those multiple machines have to be on the same physical network/at the same physical location? I'm thinking if I buy him a license and I can install it on my PC then when he needs help I can fire up my copy. I use my own batch script which is very high maintenance and this might be the right time to move to filebot.
Last edited by IceQueen on 28 Jul 2019, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
devster

Re: Some files not processed | TV shows on different drives

Post by devster »

4. You can include resolution in the file name and there shouldn't be issues with conflicts.
5. Don't believe so, you can change:

artwork=n
and it'll stop downloading them.
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
IceQueen

Post by IceQueen »

I did suggest to him to select one or the other, but of course he said he only wants 720 if he can't get 1080p and selecting 1080p means he might miss an episode and he'd have to source it manually. Adding the resolution to the filename will amount to the same thing won't it? Is there no way to force the 1080p to take precedence even if a 720p has already been downloaded?
devster

Post by devster »

IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 12:23 I did suggest to him to select one or the other, but of course he said he only wants 720 if he can't get 1080p and selecting 1080p means he might miss an episode and he'd have to source it manually. Adding the resolution to the filename will amount to the same thing won't it? Is there no way to force the 1080p to take precedence even if a 720p has already been downloaded?
Adding the resolution will simply allow both files to coexist (below an example with {kodi} [{vf}] binding):

TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - 1x01 - The National Anthem [720p]
TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - 1x01 - The National Anthem [1080p]
TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - 1x02 - 15 Million Merits [720p]
TV Shows/Black Mirror/Season 01/Black Mirror - 1x03 - The Entire History of You [1080p]
This keeps everything, but may leave duplicates with lower resolution. I don't believe FileBot alone can help you with removing the lower-resolution one.
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 11:35 1. Ancient Aliens is moved to E:\ each week. I've had him create a hidden folder on E:\ called "Ancient Aliens" which is a link to the real Ancient Aliens on his F:\ drive (It has to be hidden otherwise Kodi will process it twice resulting dupes). Is there a way to have documentaries go to drive F: and regular TV shows go to E:? There are several documentaries, AA was just one example, but they all suffer the outcome
FileBot does not differentiate normal TV shows from TV documentaries. It's all the same to FileBot.

You can use the format to yield different output paths for different episodes:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

e.g.

{'Documentary' in genres ? 'F' : 'E'}:/{kodi}
IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 11:35 2. Filebot refuses to process TV shows for Ghost Adventures (The most current series). According to tvdb there are two TV shows with the exact same name. I've asked him for his AMC.log. It does the same for the 2018 series Instinct
No idea. I'll need to amc logs / file paths so I can see what's going on / try things myself.

IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 11:35 3. Ridiculousness has two episode schedules - on tvdb and tvmaze. There is 5 or 6 episode difference. So every ridiculousness that gets downloaded ends up with the wrong name and has to be manually renamed then processed by filebot. How to fix?
It's tricky. Depending on your setup, the age filter approach can be surprisingly simple and effective. See amc script manual for details.

IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 11:35 4. He uses ShowRSS as his source for TV shows. They support multiple resolutions. He has set some shows for "Any HD format" because the FHD might only have an 80% availability. If the 720p downloads, then a 1080p later the 1080p is ignored (I guess because the 720p of the same name has already been downloaded and processed so that would be a duplicate conflict??)
IDK. That sounds like a problem for the automated download manager you are using. FileBot does not know or care about what's going on before or after.

If adding 720p / 1080p to the file name somehow makes a difference, then this can be done like so:

{kodi.derive{" [$vf]"}}
IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 11:35 5. Does he really need to fetch artwork? Kodi does this when it scrapes the TV shows.
IDK. I'm not a Kodi expert. Letting Kodi / Plex / etc fetch their own metadata usually works best, so they have exactly what they need. But some people prefer having these tools use pre-existing info files, to speed things up for large libraries.

IceQueen wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 11:35 6. Your purchasing page says "A single per-user license is valid on all platforms and can be used on multiple machines." Do those multiple machines have to be on the same physical network/at the same physical location? I'm thinking if I buy him a license and I can install it on my PC then when he needs help I can fire up my copy. I use my own batch script which is very high maintenance and this might be the right time to move to filebot.
It's the spirit that counts. It's not very strictly enforced. Try not to activate the same license in 5+ difference countries on the same day though. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
IceQueen

Post by IceQueen »

Finally got his amc.log. It's 34,000 lines long so I'll just post the relevant sections.

GHOST ADVENTURES

This one has no match at all, and scanning through his log file, this is a common occurence, so the episodes are ending up in the unsorted folder.

I don't know if this has any relevance, but thetvdb and tvmaze both have different episode schedules and the episodes seem to be arrived named to tvmaze's schedule but get messed up when filebot applies the naming via thetvdb. This is exactly what happens with Ridiculousness.

Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jan 31 18:09:43 AEDT 2019]
Parameter: artwork = n
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: reporterror = y
Parameter: storereport = y
Parameter: seriesFormat = E:/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
Parameter: excludelist = amc.txt
Parameter: ut_label = 
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_file = Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]
Input: D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
Group: [tvs:ghost adventures] => [Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Ghost Adventures]
Fetching episode data for [Ghost Adventures]
Fetching episode data for [Deadly Possessions]
Fetching episode data for [Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks]
Fetching episode data for [Madventures]
Fetching episode data for [Max Adventures]
No matching episode: Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
CmdlineException: Failed to match files to episode data
Processing 1 unsorted files
[COPY] From [D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv] to [D:\Unsorted\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Don't know what the problem with the one is.... Root directory does not exist? This is also occurred several times.

Run script [fn:amc] at [Mon Feb 25 18:01:52 AEDT 2019]
Parameter: ut_label = ShowRSS
Parameter: ut_title = Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]
Parameter: ut_file = Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]
Input: D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
Group: [tvs:ghost adventures] => [Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv]
Fetching episode data for [Max Adventures]
Apply filter [age < 10] on [380] items
Include [Ghost Adventures - 18x01 - Gates of Hell House]
[COPY] From [D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv] to [E:\Ghost Adventures\Season 18\Ghost Adventures - S18E01 - Gates of Hell House.mkv]
[COPY] Failure: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: E:\Ghost Adventures\Season 18: Unable to determine if root directory exists
Processed 0 files
FileSystemException: E:\Ghost Adventures\Season 18: Unable to determine if root directory exists
[COPY] From [D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv] to [D:\Unsorted\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S18E01.Gates.of.Hell.House.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Looks like the same issue as with Ridiculousness; the episode schedule/names are totally inconsistent. So he went looking for S19E04 in season 19 folder as that's where he expected to find it. Except, it was in Season 18, where there are now duplicate named files, both with different content.

Run script [fn:amc] at [Sun Jun 30 15:05:19 AEST 2019]
Parameter: ut_title = Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]
Parameter: ut_file = Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]
Input: D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
Group: [tvs:ghost adventures] => [Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv]
Include [Ghost Adventures - 18x09 - Mount Wilson Ranch]
Include [Ghost Adventures - 18x10 - Panic In Amarillo]
[COPY] From [D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv] to [E:\Ghost Adventures\Season 18\Ghost Adventures - S18E10 - Panic In Amarillo.mkv]
Processed 1 files
With instinct the error is always "Failed to fetch episode data: [instinct: us]
and CmdLinkException: Failed to match files to episode data

On thetvdb the title is Instinct (2018), not Instinct US, which I gather is why the match fails? But we have no control over how the original incoming files are named. I also checked tvmaze which also lists the series as instinct (2018).

Run script [fn:amc] at [Mon Jul 01 15:54:46 AEST 2019]
Parameter: ut_state = 11
Parameter: ut_title = Instinct.US.S02E01.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]
Parameter: ut_file = RARBG.txt
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Seeding\Instinct.US.S02E01.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]
Input: D:\Seeding\Instinct.US.S02E01.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]\instinct.us.s02e01.web.x264-tbs.mkv
Group: [tvs:instinct us] => [instinct.us.s02e01.web.x264-tbs.mkv]
Auto-detected query: [instinct us]
Failed to fetch episode data: [instinct us]
[COPY] From [D:\Seeding\Instinct.US.S02E01.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]\instinct.us.s02e01.web.x264-tbs.mkv] to [D:\Unsorted\Instinct.US.S02E01.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]\instinct.us.s02e01.web.x264-tbs.mkv]
Processed 1 files
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can't explain this one. Best guess, 17x03 didn't exist at the time, and you were using strict mode, meaning it couldn't find a good-enough match:

No matching episode: Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv
It seems to work now:

$ filebot -rename *.mkv -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate Order]
[MOVE] from [Ghost.Adventures.S17E03.Crisis.in.OakDale.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv] to [Ghost Adventures - 17x03 - Crisis in Oakdale.mkv]

This is a low-level filesystem error:

FileSystemException: E:\Ghost Adventures\Season 18: Unable to determine if root directory exists
If it were a local file system, then this practically couldn't happen. But if it's a remote virtual file system, then there's lots and lots of room for all kinds of strange errors that don't make sense.

:?: What exactly is E: drive? What software and hardware are you using there?

This one looks good to me. Thanks to your --filter, FileBot was able to match the file to the correct episode, even though SxE is completely out of whack:

Include [Ghost Adventures - 18x09 - Mount Wilson Ranch]
Include [Ghost Adventures - 18x10 - Panic In Amarillo]
[COPY] From [D:\Seeding\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE[rarbg]\Ghost.Adventures.S19E04.Panic.in.Amarillo.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv] to [E:\Ghost Adventures\Season 18\Ghost Adventures - S18E10 - Panic In Amarillo.mkv]

I suppose Instinct (US) is not a known alias yet on TheTVDB:

Auto-detected query: [instinct us]
Failed to fetch episode data: [instinct us]
I'll add it to my list of additional alias names, so that it may work better in the future:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=360
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.