Can't find "The spanish princess"

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Morgenstern72
Donor

Can't find "The spanish princess"

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Windows 10
App Store Version

So I'm using Filebot without any hassle for a long time.
Suddenly it has troubles finding the correct series for https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-spanish-princess

The source file is named "The spanish princess S01E01" and so on. I get a list of all kind of series but not one has "spanish" in it.

I had no problems with "The white Princess" or "The white Queen". Only this one fails to display the series in the list to select from.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't find "The spanish princess"

Post by rednoah »

Spanish / Italian / French / etc seem to be a keywords that are stripped from the search query.

:idea: When renaming files, use SHIFT-CLICK when clicking on TheTVDB to force manual query entry, and then just type the spanish princess, and it'll work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

rednoah wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:37 :idea: When renaming files, use SHIFT-CLICK when clicking on TheTVDB to force manual query entry, and then just type the spanish princess, and it'll work.
Thank you, worked great. It would be just great, if FileBot mentions the filtering and lets you choose a name or even the tv-db ID manually (similar to shift click).
I can think of many problems with that filtering: French Connection, Spanish Fly, The Spanish Wars etc. And since it's done hidden, it really looks like a bug.

I guess this got me in many troubles already with my World Movies, and I always thought they might be too obscure to be known....
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's a list of lists that are used for filtering:
viewtopic.php?t=360

There's thousands of entries. It constantly evolves as patterns are added to make certain file names work, or removed if previously added patterns have negative effects.

:arrow: Best to just report files that don't work, so I can adjust and fine-tune the lists.

:idea: Many factors are at play, and FileBot doesn't solely rely on this approach to make a match, so in most cases it doesn't matter either way, but sometimes it does for some reason.
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

rednoah wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 20:26 Here's a list of lists that are used for filtering:
viewtopic.php?t=360

There's thousands of entries. It constantly evolves as patterns are added to make certain file names work, or removed if previously added patterns have negative effects.

:arrow: Best to just report files that don't work, so I can adjust and fine-tune the lists.

:idea: Many factors are at play, and FileBot doesn't solely rely on this approach to make a match, so in most cases it doesn't matter either way, but sometimes it does for some reason.
Filebot is great and works great, thank you for your constant work :)
Just maybe consider to let the user generally enter a name or even imdb or tvdb ID, in addition to the result list. The "shift" is not really intuitive and I fear, I will forget about it until I need it again ;)
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

This one ?

Code: Select all

(Italian|Spanish)$
then it does not work correctly, because it's
"The spanish princess" and NOT "The princess spanish"
(not last word)

I also want Filebot to "mentions the filtering"
CLI: add it to the log
GUI: maybe a mouse over ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kim wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 20:46 This one ?

(Italian|Spanish)$
I've already fixed it, so this is already the solution.

The original patterns looked like this:

Italian
Spanish

The general approach to dealing with movies or episodes where episode detection doesn't work for whatever reason, is manual matching.

See Getting Started, Page 2:

:!: I can't think of a way to visualize everything FileBot does internally.

:!: SHIFT-CLICK is a shortcut. If there was some special override query option that you have to toggle on and off via some button or setting, then at this point manual matching would probably be the quicker and more versatile solution.

:idea: The goal is to make FileBot work out of the box for everyone, and not add lots and lots of workarounds for individual users. The solution for this particular issue is fine-tuning the query blacklist.

EDIT:

It'll work with FileBot 4.8.6 and up, to be released in the next few weeks. Hit me up with name + email if you wanna have a test license to try the latest beta: https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

"I can't think of a way to visualize everything FileBot does internally. "

Thats clear! But why not add one extra box below the result box, that does the same like the "shift click" and add another one for the ID of the selected website? That's super intuitive for every user and would help so much especially for world movies, that are found with different names in IMDB, TVTB etc
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Morgenstern72 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 08:29 But why not add one extra box below the result box, that does the same like the "shift click" and add another one for the ID of the selected website? That's super intuitive for every user and would help so much especially for world movies, that are found with different names in IMDB, TVTB etc
If you report a mismatch that isn't caused by bad data or bad configuration, and can't otherwise be fixed, then I'll will consider that. ;)

In the meanwhile, if there's a technical solution that doesn't involve any kind of user input (e.g. updated black list, added alias names, etc) then I'm more inclined to fix these things at the source once and for all, rather than having each individual user fix things on their end individually.