[Problem with Shortcut] NFS no longer used, but FileBot keeps trying to connect to it.

Support for Windows users
digitalhybrid

[Problem with Shortcut] NFS no longer used, but FileBot keeps trying to connect to it.

Post by digitalhybrid »

I had an remote NFS share connected to my Windows 10 PC, which I used FileBot against to rename files at the remote location.

However, that NFS has since been removed and is no longer used, but ever since disconnecting it, FileBot continues to try connecting to it (or something) every time I click the file explorer button to select files. It's become so annoying that I'm now reduced to having to drag and drop everything onto FB, because this behaviour has become so annoying.

This is what I see each time ...

I've uninstalled FB, run CCleaner's registry repairer, rebooted, then reinstalled FB, and the behaviour just persists.

I've never seen behaviour like this before, so if anyone can help me sort it out, I'd be very appreciative.
rednoah
The Source

Re: NFS no longer used, but FileBot keeps trying to connect to it.

Post by rednoah »

The latest beta release should make this warning go away:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/

The cause of the issue is likely a broken *.lnk file in your %USERPROFILE% directory or on your Desktop. Alternatively to installing the latest beta release, you can also just delete the offending *.lnk file.

PS: Using drag-n-drop is generally recommended. The buttons are just there for decoration and for new users to find easily. :lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
digitalhybrid

Re: [Problem with Shortcut] NFS no longer used, but FileBot keeps trying to connect to it.

Post by digitalhybrid »

Thanks, rednoah, but how do I use the beta version if I'm stuck running a version of FB from the MS store?

I'm assuming my license won't work with the beta version because of the crazy restrictions that come with buying FB in that way, so without a way to convert my lifetime MS store license to a lifetime universal license, I think I may be stuck.
digitalhybrid

Re: [Problem with Shortcut] NFS no longer used, but FileBot keeps trying to connect to it.

Post by digitalhybrid »

Thanks. I managed to sort it .. finally.

And in my opinion, using the buttons is just as efficient as drag-n-drop, especially if you're already having to navigate across multiple folders on different drives to select your files. Why not just do in the FB explorer window rather than doing it all in Windows, then dragging to FB? I get why you would, but I don't think one method is any better than the other. Ultimately it's what works best for your personal workflow.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

digitalhybrid wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 10:47 Thanks, rednoah, but how do I use the beta version if I'm stuck running a version of FB from the MS store?

I'm assuming my license won't work with the beta version because of the crazy restrictions that come with buying FB in that way, so without a way to convert my lifetime MS store license to a lifetime universal license, I think I may be stuck.
I see. In that case deleting the offending shortcut file is the way to go.

:idea: Alternatively, this is an option: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.