Cannot Manually Name "Ant Man & The Wasp" (2018)

Any questions? Need some help?
DarfNader

Cannot Manually Name "Ant Man & The Wasp" (2018)

Post by DarfNader »

Okay, please don't judge my cinematic taste but I have seen some peculiar behavior in Plex due to something with how they use external agents https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/ ... t_showing/(and of course no one is coping to there actually being a problem and I think everyone just stopped caring because... Ant Man) but over the last few days I have been trying to manually set a movie title using the "Space + Match" similarly to TV empisodes as you showed me years ago. I am trying to manually specify the title match of the the film I want to use the same way I would fix matching for shows like Rifftrax which always require manual intervention. It seems that Movies might not behave the same way with this feature. Furthermore, it simply will not match correctly and will always be tilted "Ant man (2015)" no matter what. Otherwise it will try to match as a TV series were it will try to pick some animated marvel series for Any Man (I think) which may just mean this feature is a series-only tool. Don't know, couldn't find actual docs with specs.

Anyway, while I thought there might be something goofy with Filbebot, but I have seen Plex do some very wacky stuff with metadata that is taken from TVDB and then I saw this thread in the Plex Reddit forums from last year which was never answered... I guess the movie just isn't good enough for people to care. Considering I have have had other problems with naming agensts I have to wonder if there is more overarching problem here that is not specific to the third part apps (Filebot, Plex, Kodi, etc...) but affects them all with specific titles for some reason.

In short, even if I specify the match to be explicitly "Ant Man & The Wasp" (2018) in the manual entry point you provide, it's always wants to convert to "Ant Man (2015)". I think even if I did it manyally, that Plex thread tells me that it probably still wouldn't work because of similar problems with metadata, but that's just a hunch. Since Plex is affected too, I feel like it's a bigger issue that affect more than anything wrong with FileBot and I would love to see if you could reproduce it and maybe see what the hell is going on here. If you could just a text file "Ant.Man.and.the.Wasp.(2018).blah.mkv" and see if you can get it to rename properly. I would be very interested in what you find. THANKS!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Cannot Manually Name "Ant Man & The Wasp" (2018)

Post by rednoah »

As far as FileBot is concerned, it works out of the box:

Code: Select all

filebot -rename *.mkv
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [Ant.Man.and.the.Wasp.(2018).blah.mkv]
[MOVE] from [Ant.Man.and.the.Wasp.(2018).blah.mkv] to [Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018).mkv]
Processed 1 files

If you have trouble with Plex, then maybe the FileBot Xattr Metadata Scanners & Plug-ins will make things work smoothly. Follow the link for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Thanks, I will try the CL version (about time I started scripting it anyway) but when I try to run it (previously installed) filebot complains about permissions, what directory is it complaining about? The current working directory directory is demonstrably writable so I am unclear what it's complaining about.

$filebot -rename *.mkv
cannot open path of the current working directory: Permission denied
$touch *.mkv
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm using the CLI just to make copy & paste easy. But the point is that it works, both with CLI and GUI since both CLI and GUI work the same.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

That's strange because no matter what I do the match is as I described. So you don't upload images I can't easily give you the screen-shot, but suffice it say I cannot change the behavior initially described that I see in the GUI, so if the CL does the same, then I guess I am wasting my time for this problem

To be specific, If I give it the file named Ant-Man.and.the.Wasp.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-THING.mkv and I chose TheMovieDB or OMdb (there don't seem to be <shift> modifiers for like the TV Show databases offers for changing the series name) and set the format to {Plex}, when I run match the new name would Movies/Ant-Man/Ant-Man (2015). If there is some modifier to get around this, I don't know of it.

Again, I have never seen anything quite like this. This is the first time I have seen a movie mismatch like this and basically insist on making it wrong.Also, since there is a similar gripe in the Plex coms, I wonder if there is something specific in the record for this title only. Honestly, I have no idea but it seems very specific.

BTW, since I bought FB from the Apple App Store there doesn't seem to be an obviously defined CL version. To use CL fo I need to do this, and will it function identically to the version on your site?

ln -s /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh /usr/local/bin/filebot
If not, is there some way to get a license so I can download it using brew cask or something and install the license?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can easily share screenshots via snipboard.io or any other screenshot sharing site of your choice:
https://snipboard.io/

:idea: SHIFT-CLICK works on all platforms, for all databases, and will pop up an input dialog for manual query entry immediately. Though on Mac users often switch around the modifier keys via the user preferences, so it might be a different key on your particular system.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help. The more information (e.g. version, operating system, package source, etc) you provide, the better I can help you.

:idea: The Mac App Store version does not have a CLI due to Mac App Store Limitations imposed by Apple. You can request a complimentary license though.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Thanks for the tip on snipboard.io... I actually don't think it was necessary in this case but good info regardless.

When I try a match on any Move DB, using shift-click on a DB or not, I always get this:

If I try to use a TV Series DB I at best get some cartoon show episodes.

Either way, it is just so weird that this one title causes the problem here and is also report in Plex's metadata tool. Strange coincidence or data problem not getting caught? You be the judge... please?

I am reasonable family with the main use case options for the GUI but none of the manual trick seem to help. And instinctively I try all the modifier permutations just in case it happens to be different for movies than tv shows. Nothing happens for any case. I just makes the wrong match. Are there any other preference settings that I might be missing here that could help? Sine you showed on the CL that it seems to work for yuo, I am a bit confounded, but seeing that I have the app store version and no CL, I cannot test it myself.

Based on the plex threads, even if I made the file names correct manually, Plex might just botch the file metadata anyway. This is kind of why I would like to find out what it is about this title's data that is messing up metadata tools like this as this is outside the realm of normal behavior (depending on what you call "normal" I suppose.)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If it works for me, but not for you. Then there must be something different. The next step is to systematically narrow down what might be the key difference.

Step 1: Create an empty folder on your Desktop, with a new empty file, and try with that. See if that works. Take it from there.

Ideally, now we have a test case that works, and one that doesn't, so from then on it's easy to make things more similar step by step, try filebot after each step, and the once it breaks, we know what step broke it, and that will give use a clue as to why it's not working.

:idea: My first guess would be misleading information (e.g. the wrong IMDB ID) in the nearby *.nfo file though.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

maybe wrong xattr data ?.... try this:
Clear xattr

filebot -script fn:xattr --action clear /path/to/files
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p5394
MaxP

Post by MaxP »

DarfNader wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 03:41 Okay, please don't judge my cinematic taste but I have seen some peculiar behavior in Plex due to something with how they use external agents https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/ ... t_showing/(and of course no one is coping to there actually being a problem and I think everyone just stopped caring because... Ant Man) but over the last few days I have been trying to manually set a movie title using the "Space + Match" similarly to TV episodes as you showed me years ago. I am trying to manually specify the title match of the the film I want to use the same way I would fix matching for shows like Rifftrax walmart survey/ which always require manual intervention. It seems that Movies might not behave the same way with this feature. Furthermore, it simply will not match correctly and will always be tilted "Ant man (2015)" no matter what. Otherwise it will try to match as a TV series were it will try to pick some animated marvel series for Any Man (I think) which may just mean this feature is a series-only tool. Don't know, couldn't find actual docs with specs.
Anyway, while I thought there might be something goofy with Filbebot, but I have seen Plex do some very wacky stuff with metadata that is taken from TVDB and then I saw this thread in the Plex Reddit forums from last year which was never answered... I guess the movie just isn't good enough for people to care. Considering I have have had other problems with naming agensts I have to wonder if there is more overarching problem here that is not specific to the third part apps (Filebot, Plex, Kodi, etc...) but affects them all with specific titles for some reason.

In short, even if I specify the match to be explicitly "Ant Man & The Wasp" (2018) in the manual entry point you provide as in filehippo, it's always wants to convert to "Ant Man (2015)". I think even if I did it manyally, that Plex thread tells me that it probably still wouldn't work because of similar problems with metadata, but that's just a hunch. Since Plex is affected too, I feel like it's a bigger issue that affect more than anything wrong with FileBot and I would love to see if you could reproduce it and maybe see what the hell is going on here. If you could just a text file "Ant.Man.and.the.Wasp.(2018).blah.mkv" and see if you can get it to rename properly. I would be very interested in what you find. THANKS!
Try adding something realistic that everyone can relate to.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

MaxP wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 13:02 Try adding something realistic that everyone can relate to.
Something... realistic? Should I bring the head next time as proof?
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

kim wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 17:35 maybe wrong xattr data ?.... try this:
Clear xattr

filebot -script fn:xattr --action clear /path/to/files
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p5394
Couldn't say. I just received the license last week to use the CL as I bought it from the App Store (whoops) so I am going to see if it bee-haves the same way. It was just uncanny that the same problem was happening with the Plex metadata as if something was breaking the match like the ampersand. I need to review the CL guide (once I get the license working). I ended up losing the file because of a system crash and I guess the film hasn't exactly beckoned me to download it again, but I should just to see if I can figure out what the heck the deal is.