Transmission to FileBot to Plex Automation

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
te5s3rakt

Transmission to FileBot to Plex Automation

Post by te5s3rakt »

Hi there,

I've been trying to get this automatic script working on my media center setup without much luck... I've tried, sort of reverse engineering it to match my setup, and without much luck ...

Basically this is my setup and the process i want it to follow...

on a mac mini 2011 model with external Pegasus Raid storage (for media storage)

Current flow:
I add torrents to Transmission
Transmission places unfinished download in an "Active Downloads" folder on the Pegasus
When completed it moves them to the path "/Volumes/PROMISE PEGASUS/Completed Downloads"
There are two folders i then manually sort the downloads into depending on what they are
/Volumes/PROMISE PEGASUS/Movies
/Volumes/PROMISE PEGASUS/Series

I'm looking to automate this process, and so far after much googling not much like... FileBot with this script from what i can tell will do it... but i'm, due to lack of scripting experience, unable to get it working... I was wondering if there was some kind soul out there that can put me out of my misery lol...

basically i want to add torrents to Transmission, then it to put them in Active Downloads, then when finished move them to Completed Download and run a script.
The script will then run FileBot and organise the TV shows into the Series folder in the format
/Volumes/PROMISE PEGASUS/Series/"ShowName" (YearStart)/Season "0"/"Showname" S00E00 - "EpisodeTitle".ext
and movies into the Movies folder in the format of
/Volumes/PROMISE PEGASUS/Movies/"MovieName" ("YearRelease")/"MovieName" ("YearRelease").ext
then after that's complete it'll tell Plex, hey new stuff to add...

Help me ObiWan Kenobi you're my only hope
sleepybear
Power User

Re: Transmission to FileBot to Plex Automation

Post by sleepybear »

This is similar to my setup, except I don't move the files from an 'Active Downloads' folder into a 'Completed Downloads' folder.

An RSS torrent downloading application places torrent files into /Volumes/The\ Conservatory/Incoming

It then opens them, which brings them into Transmission. Transmission immediately trashes the torrent file and begins downloading the torrent into that directory. Here are my Transmission settings:

The watch for torrent settings has nothing to do with this setup, my RSS torrent setup automatically opens them in Transmission. The watch folder is a synced dropbox folder so I can manually pass torrents into transmission from afar.

Transmission doesn't move anything after the download completes, it seeds out of that folder. A bash script that kicks off the FileBot AMC script is automatically run after the completion of each transfer. It instructs FileBot to move TV shows into:

/Volumes/The\ Conservatory/TV/{Show Name}/{Season #}/Show.name.EXXSXX.Episode.Title

And movies into:

/Volumes/The\ Conservatory/Movies/Movie.Name (year)

Transmission passes specific variables about the torrent that just completed the download to the bash script, which passes them to the AMC script.

That bash script:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot -script fn:amc --output "$TR_TORRENT_DIR" --log-file /Users/plex/Sites/html/logs/amc.log --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=n --def music=n --def subtitles=n --def pushover=[removed] --def "seriesFormat=/Volumes/The\ Conservatory/TV/{n}/Season {s}/{n.space('.')}.{s00e00}.{t.space('.')}" "movieFormat=/Volumes/The\ Conservatory/Movies/{n} ({y})" "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
Check out:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=520

Plex is setup to scan the TV and Movie folders. Transmission will stop transfers after 1.2 ratio, and I just 'delete data file' from Transmission when they finish (this could also be automated).
te5s3rakt

Post by te5s3rakt »

i actually ended up jumping to uTorrent, for the reason it has a scheduler to automate download times and monthly download limit... with that i let it download in "Active Downloads" folder then when finished it moves it to "Completed Downloads" folder... I then set up OSX Automator app to watch the "Completed downloads" folder, and manually run the script file created at
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=520
That script sorts and moves my media to their respective folders, Movies for movies and Series for tv shows...
Plex obviously watches these two folders then updates its library upon folder changes....

the only main issue i've encountered with this setup is it kill the seeding of the torrent upon doing that... feel like a shit bloke not seeding but at least it works and is automated with minimal input like i wanted...

I've been meaning to actually change the script to copy only, and sorting and moving the copies only, and leaving the originals to seed, and perhaps setting up utorrent to stop at a certain ratio and remove the files... or maybe have OSX Automator watch the Completed Downloads folder and delete anything older than say a week... not sure on this yet as haven't given it much thought cause i've got it working the way i want... just obviously not helping the community that much at present... i'll get around to changing it...
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

After trying something similar to your setup and my current setup, I definitely recommend using Automatic to pull the tv shows as they pop up on torrent, download with transmission, and filebot to process it. Automator just caused me to many problems and utorrent still hasn't caught up on Mac.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Glad it works, but 20 euros? For grabbing links from RSS feeds? That's 3-4 lines of groovy code. :ugeek: So gonna charge money for my next project whatever it maybe. :D
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sleepybear
Power User

Post by sleepybear »

TVShows 2 is pretty decent, it's free and arguably better than Automatic:
http://tvshowsapp.com/

Catch + showRSS is nice and simple, plus you can add shows from the website. No custom feeds.
http://showrss.karmorra.info/
https://code.google.com/p/catch/

For ultimate control and customization tough to beat FlexGet:
http://flexget.com/
te5s3rakt

Post by te5s3rakt »

I didn't really look much into tv show download automation as I like to search for the high res web dl copies...
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

rednoah wrote:Glad it works, but 20 euros? For grabbing links from RSS feeds? That's 3-4 lines of groovy code. :ugeek: So gonna charge money for my next project whatever it maybe. :D

I use the old free version..reminds me I need to donate to the filebot cause