Can't trust Filebot command line

Any questions? Need some help?
paganplatypus

Can't trust Filebot command line

Post by paganplatypus »

First, let me say that Filebot is a great program. There is nothing else like it available, and it's made organizing files a lot easier.

That being said:

Lately, I cannot trust Filebot command line to rename without looking over its shoulder and reverting its mistakes. Some examples are:

How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift? < is renamed to > Heavy
Isekai Cheat Magician < is renamed to > The Magician
Anything with the prefix [Cleo] < is renamed to > Cleo or Cleopatra or Cleopatra 2525, depending on the mood that day

Using the GUI, it seems I am constantly having to enter the name in the Identify box. One frustrating example is the anime Machikado Mazoku. When I rename using TheTVDB, the identify box pops up. I paste the anime name in, and no results come back. However, when I use the Episode Search, not only is it found, but it has the English name, Demon Girl Next Door.

I read in another post that Filebot cares more about the directory name than the file name. My newsreader abbreviates the directory names, so I wrote a script to move each file to a directory with the same name. The renaming accuracy did not improve.

I'm using non-strict mode, because Filebot throws an error if there are multiple matches.

Is there anything I can do to improve the accuracy of the matching?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't trust Filebot command line

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you using -non-strict mode?

:idea: I can't really give you any advice there, since you didn't include file paths nor command & console output.

:arrow: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
paganplatypus

Post by paganplatypus »

Fair enough. Lets start with one scenario.

Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04 (Linux)

Series name: The Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)

Directory Path: /mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]

Original file names:
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x01 - The Quintessential Quintuplets.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x02 - Rooftop Confession.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x03 - A Mountain Of Problems.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x04 - A Day Off.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x05 - Five Fifths.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x06 - What'\''S Been Built Up.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x07 - Liar McLieface.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x08 - The Photo That Started It All.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x09 - Legend Of Fate Day I.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x10 - Legend Of Fate Day II.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x11 - Legend Of Fate Day III.mkv'
'Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x12 - Legend Of Fate Day 2000.mkv'

Command: filebot -rename . -r -no-xattr -non-strict --action move --conflict index --db thetvdb --format "/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/{n.sortName().upper()[0] == '.' ? 'D' : {az}}/{any{ny.sortName().upperInitial().ascii()}{n.sortName().upperInitial().ascii()}}/Season {any{s.pad(2)}{'01'}}{audio.Language == [null] ? '' : {audio.Language == [null, null] ? '' : ' - '+audio.Language}}/{n.sortName().upper()[0] == '.' ? 'Dot' : ''}{any{ny.sortName().upperInitial().ascii()}{n.sortName().upperInitial().ascii()}} - {any{sxe}{'1x'+e.pad(2)}} - {t.upperInitial().ascii().roman()}"

Command output:
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Quintuplets, quintessential quintuplets]
Fetching episode data for [Quintuplets]
Fetching episode data for [Let's Go Quintuplets]
Fetching episode data for [The Quintessential Quintuplets] (emphasis mine)
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x01 - The Quintessential Quintuplets.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x01 - The Quintessential Quintuplets.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x02 - Rooftop Confession.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x02 - Quintagious.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x03 - A Mountain Of Problems.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x03 - Little Man On Campus.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x04 - A Day Off.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x04 - Lord Of The Cell.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x05 - Five Fifths.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x05 - (Disdainfully) The Helbergs.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x06 - What'S Been Built Up.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x06 - Get A Job.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x07 - Liar McLieface.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x07 - Swing, Swing, Swing.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x08 - The Photo That Started It All.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x08 - Shakespeare In Lust.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x09 - Legend Of Fate Day I.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x09 - The Sixth Quint.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x10 - Legend Of Fate Day II.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x10 - Love, Lies And Lullabies.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x11 - Legend Of Fate Day III.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x11 - Quint Con.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/mnt/sneakernet/Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x12 - Legend Of Fate Day 2000.mkv] to [/mnt/sneakernet/Anime/Q/Quintuplets (2004)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets (2004) - 1x12 - Battle Of The Bands.mkv]
Processed 12 files

As you can see, except for the first file (in blue), Filebot cleary found Quintessential Quintuplets, but decided that Quintuplets was a better choice. It's very strange that it picked the first file correctly but not the others.

I have to use - non-strict because Filebot will not rename if there are multiple results.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I suppose since the show is called, The Quintessential Quintuplets but with The missing in the file name, it's not quite a perfect match, and Quintuplets somehow comes out on top. In this case, the first episode does contain The Quintessential Quintuplets so it'll get both a perfect series match and a perfect episode title match, which then comes out on top for this specific file.

That being said, it does seem to work for me right out of the box, so perhaps the latest beta somehow does a better job here for some reason:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename -r Series --db TheTVDB --action TEST -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate Order]
Auto-detected query: [Quintuplets, quintessential quintuplets]
Fetching episode data for [Quintuplets]
Fetching episode data for [Let's Go Quintuplets]
Fetching episode data for [The Quintessential Quintuplets]
[TEST] from [Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x01 - The Quintessential Quintuplets.mkv] to [Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/The Quintessential Quintuplets - 1x01 - The Quintessential Quintuplets.mkv]
[TEST] from [Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x02 - Rooftop Confession.mkv] to [Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets - 1x02 - Quintagious.mkv]
[TEST] from [Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019) - 1x03 - A Mountain Of Problems.mkv] to [Series/Q/Quintessential Quintuplets (2019)/Season 01 - [en, ja]/Quintuplets - 1x03 - Little Man on Campus.mkv]
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.