Filebot extract only

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Mrtoyotaco

Filebot extract only

Post by Mrtoyotaco »

I have a docker container of filebot running on my unraid server along with sonarr, radarr, plex, Jackett and qbitt.

All of the automation works wonderfully except radarr not being able to automatically extract rar’s. I have used filebot amc in the past. But, I’d prefer to just set a command in qbitt to run on completion for the path to filebot and it to auto extract only.

I saw an example whereby I can call filebot, -extract and —output but I’m unsure what to put in to qbitt to make this work for every case and so filebot only extracts.

Any help is appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot extract only

Post by rednoah »

Calling filebot -extract /path/to/files will only extract the given files and folders. As for details on qBT integration, you'll have to see how qBT passes variables to scripts.

Using the amc script qBT integration as example, this should work:

Code: Select all

filebot -extract -r "%F" --output "/path/to/media"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mrtoyotaco

Post by Mrtoyotaco »

rednoah wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:46 Calling filebot -extract /path/to/files will only extract the given files and folders. As for details on qBT integration, you'll have to see how qBT passes variables to scripts.

Using the amc script qBT integration as example, this should work:

filebot -extract -r "%F" --output "/path/to/media"
I’m assuming I could the following? I am going to try this and see what it gets me.

filebot -extract -r “%F” --output “./“

Or will this not work? I’m simply just wanting it to always extract inside of the directory it is currently working in.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

. would refer to the current working directory but NOT necessarily the parent folder of the archive being extracted. You could use the extract script to run extract commands for each file with different output directory.

:?: Why are we using filebot though? Using find and 7z commands would be a much better solution... It's just generic general-purpose bash scripting at this point.
Mrtoyotaco

Post by Mrtoyotaco »

rednoah wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 19:04 . would refer to the current working directory but NOT necessarily the parent folder of the archive being extracted. You could use the extract script to run extract commands for each file with different output directory.

:?: Why are we using filebot though? Using find and 7z commands would be a much better solution... It's just generic general-purpose bash scripting at this point.
Filebot has been good to me for quite some time. Hard to get away from it. But the unraid world takes filebot out of the equation for automation mostly.

You make a good point. I could write a find and pipe that into into a 7z and make it run on a custom cron schedule.

But, I am going to try something more simple first.

I downloaded unrar for my unraid server.

Im going to set this in qbitt and see what it gets me:

/usr/bin/unrar e “%f/%n/*.rar”
Thanks for the help. Always good to bounce ideas off of other coders. Sometimes I start thinking too complex and need someone to bring back down to easy land.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Also make sure you don't type code in MS Word or similar document editors. ;)

YES:

"..."
NO:

“...”
:idea: viewtopic.php?t=1899
Mrtoyotaco

Post by Mrtoyotaco »

rednoah wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 05:35 Also make sure you don't type code in MS Word or similar document editors. ;)

YES:

"..."
NO:

“...”
:idea: viewtopic.php?t=1899
Yeah. I was on my phone. Not sure why it made the quotes look like backticks.