Anidb renaming

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
saitoh183

Anidb renaming

Post by saitoh183 »

When renaming anime with Anidb, it doesnt pick up special episode.

On Anidb:

Any chance for a fix?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Anidb renaming

Post by rednoah »

Grab the episode list via Episodes panel and check if the special is there. The API may not list specials.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
saitoh183

Post by saitoh183 »

same, no specials
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Added support for anidb specials with r1623.
saitoh183

Post by saitoh183 »

Quick question about using Anidb to rename anime, Does it just use the name or does it use use the crc embedded in the file. Im currently using a python script that uses the Anidb API and it only works if it can find the crc in the file. If the file is a re-encoded version from someone and its not the official one from the release group, then the script fails. I want to change to Filebot but wanted to know how it worked first. Using the CRC is handing if you change the file name and remove the release group from the title and decide to change things over and put it back in the tile later on down the line. I get most of my stuff from fanzub, so usually its the official CRC that is on anidb but another problem is that my script lacks the XBMC update after processing. Since im no good in python i wanted to use FB to also gain that function.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot uses the AniDB HTTP API so it only knows series name, episode numbers and episode title. And it'll match it to files based only on what information is available in the file name (like a human would do). CRC does not matter at all (I'd be way to slow anyway).

Once you rename your files with FileBot it'll tag and write the complete metadata into Extended Attributes of the file so future lookups will work regardless of filename or CRC. If Extended Attributes are supported and enabled anyway, that is.