FileBot on the Windows Store

Support for Windows users
melvynadam

Re: FileBot on the Windows Store

Post by melvynadam »

Any plans for a Black Friday / Cyber Monday discount?
I'd love to upgrade from the last free version and support your app, but $40 is a little more than I was hoping to pay. I came to the Windows Store tonight expecting to buy it for $20 because that's the last price I remember it being.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I recommend going for the $6 per year option:
viewtopic.php?t=6265

:idea: At this point, pricing has stabilized, there's something for everyone, so price changes are not expected in the near-term or long-term future.

EDIT:

:idea: I did forget, Microsoft did reach out to me to participate in their Black Friday and Countdown sales, so there will be a 20% discount on the Windows Store for those events.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

rednoah wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 04:34 I recommend going for the $6 per year option:
Done. Thanks. Happy to support this app.
spikesta

Post by spikesta »

Hi,

I just talked to Microsoft support and told them that I purchased filebot on the 1/10/2017 and they verified that I purchased it but they told me that they have no way to issueing filebot license. They said that they don't have access to reissuing filebot license...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

spikesta wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 18:21 I just talked to Microsoft support and told them that I purchased filebot on the 1/10/2017 and they verified that I purchased it but they told me that they have no way to issueing filebot license. They said that they don't have access to reissuing filebot license...
If you are using the Microsoft Store, then you must install FileBot via the Microsoft Store. If you install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, then your license is built-in and you thus don't have a or need a license.

:!: A Microsoft Store Purchase (purchased from Microsoft via the Store) is not to be confused with an independent FileBot Universal License (purchased from this website). These are two entirely separate things: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6265

:!: If FileBot asks for a license, then you're using a version of FileBot downloaded from this website, and not your Microsoft Store Purchase. Uninstall all versions of FileBot you may have installed and then only install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, so that you can make use of your Microsoft Store Purchase.
therobe

Post by therobe »

Is it still possible to obtain a promo code after PM'ing rednoah?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

therobe wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 17:06 Is it still possible to obtain a promo code after PM'ing rednoah?
Nope. The Windows Store was a stop-gap-solution in 2017/18 but now we have our own universal license system:
viewtopic.php?t=6265

:idea: You may apply for a free 1-year complimentary universal license though.
oni

Post by oni »

I own the Windows Store version, but it is not currently working with TVDB due to the API issues. I am running version 4.8.5 (latest in Windows store).

I tried downloading the beta, 4.9.0, to see if that would work and it does, but I cannot use it because I do not have a license key.

Is there a way to use the beta version through the Windows Store? Right now I cannot use the software and I really need it.

Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

oni wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 00:35 I own the Windows Store version, but it is not currently working with TVDB due to the API issues. I am running version 4.8.5 (latest in Windows store).

I tried downloading the beta, 4.9.0, to see if that would work and it does, but I cannot use it because I do not have a license key.

Is there a way to use the beta version through the Windows Store? Right now I cannot use the software and I really need it.

Thank you
Sent. Thank you for giving the latest beta a spin. Please let me know if you find any issues.

:!: Note that 4.8.5 and 4.9.0 are identical as far as TheTVDB client code is concerned. Not much FileBot can do about TheTVDB services being down. These kinds of issues resolve themselves after a day usually.
RemcoH

Post by RemcoH »

I have reinstalled the program via the Store,

But i cant seem to rename anything anymore. Whenever i add an episode or movie. the file is greyed out on the left side.
And traying to match will take a minuyte and gives some socket time out error.

Is there something i can do to get it working again?

Thank you in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please include screenshots if you have questions about the GUI, as that will make understanding so much easier.

TheTVDB is having issues. All other databases should work just fine.
dfvasquez

Post by dfvasquez »

I purchased the windows version of filebot and since that time I've used it regularly. I just recently installed a nasbox and want to use filebot there as a docker but it asks for a key. I don't have a license key. do I have to purchase it again?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, eventually, but for now, there's this:
viewtopic.php?t=9517
PuppyEye

Post by PuppyEye »

Nice, I would like to help out. ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

PuppyEye wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 21:16 Nice, I would like to help out. ;)
Sure, PM me your story and I'll see what I can do.

:idea: There's also new program nowadays that is designed to improve FileBot by observing various use cases of real-world users:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10881
therobe

Post by therobe »

rednoah wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 17:29
therobe wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 17:06 Is it still possible to obtain a promo code after PM'ing rednoah?
Nope. The Windows Store was a stop-gap-solution in 2017/18 but now we have our own universal license system:
viewtopic.php?t=6265

:idea: You may apply for a free 1-year complimentary universal license though.
Thanks for the reply! How would one go about applying for a 1-year complimentary universal license?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

therobe wrote: 27 May 2020, 02:24 Thanks for the reply! How would one go about applying for a 1-year complimentary universal license?
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=9517
mterrill

Post by mterrill »

Hi, I have a Windows Store purchased license a year or two back, i wanted to shift this license to a different ms account, I am picking this is too hard?
Should I repurchase a license so i can use portable etc?
What is the best way to sort this?
Is there any difference between Windows Store and Lifetime License Version?
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

AFAIK, Microsoft Store purchases cannot be transferred, but you'd have to ask Microsoft Support for an official answer.

If you want to switch to a universal license, then we can offer this:
viewtopic.php?t=9517
Kezooz

Post by Kezooz »

Hi. I bought lifetime version of FileBot through the microsoft store. I had to reinstall my operating system meaning I had to reinstall all my software again. I managed to reinstall Filebot, but its now asking for a licence key. How do I go about retrieving my licence key? Hoping someone can help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Kezooz wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 03:52 Hi. I bought lifetime version of FileBot through the microsoft store. I had to reinstall my operating system meaning I had to reinstall all my software again. I managed to reinstall Filebot, but its now asking for a licence key. How do I go about retrieving my licence key? Hoping someone can help.
You have purchased FileBot via the Microsoft Store. You must therefore install FileBot via the Microsoft Store. If you install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, then it will never ask for a license key. If you have downloaded and installed the MSI package independently, then it will always ask for a license.

:arrow: Please uninstall all versions of FileBot you may have installed, and then only install FileBot via the Microsoft Store:
https://get.filebot.net/windows/
Kezooz

Post by Kezooz »

Hi Rednoah

Thankyou for your response. You solution was spot on. I'm all back up and running.

Wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to the correct way to format/rename movies, TV Shows etc so they are best read by Plex.

All the best

Kezooz
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Kezooz wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 02:29 Wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to the correct way to format/rename movies, TV Shows etc so they are best read by Plex.
:arrow: {plex} format
Kezooz

Post by Kezooz »

Hi Rednoah

Thank you again for your prompt response.

All the best

Kezooz