where can I find the filebot logs for synology?

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
nzdreamer55

where can I find the filebot logs for synology?

Post by nzdreamer55 »

I am having a problem with using the amc script on files that are .rar and need to be put together. I want to find the logs for filebot, but am not sure where to look. Could you help me find them?

Thank you very much.
rednoah
The Source

Re: where can I find the filebot logs for synology?

Post by rednoah »

You can use --log-file /absolute/path/to/log.txt and set it to known location so you can easily find the logs.

:idea: By default, they'll be in the application data folder, which is configured to be in the packages folder for filebot on Synology.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Thank you. For testing would I put this into the custom format section for filebot node?

Just a quick follow up on this. It is a hard no! Tried it and got a funny and unexpected result as filebot moved my file into a directory --log-file! :-) Oops.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No, this is not custom format related. If you're using FileBot Node, then you can't modify --log-file because FileBot Node takes care of managing logs and making them available to you via the GUI.

The first line of the output will show you exactly with what options filebot is called, and so you can check the log location that FileBot Node is using there.
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

OK. I think I understand. So the text in the black box below is what is happening and thus there isn't really a log file. Do I have that correct? I looked for a log file in a couple of places and didn't seem to find it. I checked the path /var/package/filebot and filebot-node and didn't see a log file in these spots. Thank you again for the support. Love Filebot!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No. There is a log file.

FileBot Node will tell you where the log file is every single time you run a command, in the very first line, you may need to scroll towards the right:
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Thank you for the help again. Found it!

Code: Select all

--log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'
BTW, if I wanted to change where the output goes it is this possible when using filebot-node?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No. FileBot Node requires the log to be in a known location. You can however use symlinks and just create a link elsewhere if you prefer to also access the log via a file elsewhere.
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Thank you once again Rednoah. If it could be changed, then I would, but I like the symlinks idea. Never used these so I'll try to learn something new. Until then I'll look in the spot file-node puts the logs. :-)