Movie folder renaming only after LFTP transfer

Any questions? Need some help?
z0kii

Movie folder renaming only after LFTP transfer

Post by z0kii »

Hi guys,

I have bit of an issue that I would like to get a definitive answer on. Bare in mind I am a complete novice so expect some stupid questions :lol:

So I have a seedbox and a unRaid server setup, I also have an LFTP script on my unRaid server that will automatically pull movies from my seedbox and put them on my unRaid server.

I would like Filebot to ONLY rename the folder once it hits my unRaid server. So for example a movie comes in and the folder name is What.Keeps.You.Alive.2018.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA.5.1.AVC.REMUX

Once it comes to my unRaid server can I have Filebot rename that folder to What Keeps You Alive and then have it move to a movie directory on my array?

So it'll be something like this

Seedbox > LFTP pulls files > mnt/cache/downloads/incoming > Filebot script runs > rename movie folder only > move to /mnt/disk3/Media2/"4K Movies"

I really just want it to rename the folder only. Few people i've asked said Filebot cannot rename folders but yet I've seen people here say it can?

If so, can someone please give me an idiots guide on how to achieve this? Or if it's easier have Filebot rename the folder only on my seedbox with a hardlink (so it continues to seed) I just want that part of automation to be done for me and then for me it'll be the perfect setup.
z0kii

Re: Movie folder renaming only after LFTP transfer

Post by z0kii »

Ok i've sat down and tried and tried and I think I am finally getting somewhere! If someone can help me refine this a little further that would be bloody fantastic!

So I went ahead and went with this bit of code

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home19/user/downloads/deluge/test2" --action hardlink -non-strict "/home19/user/downloads/deluge/test"
And I just did a dummy run with a movie and the folder name was renamed from Black.and.Blue.2019.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264 to Black and Blue (2019)

Now what would I need to do to remove the (year) in brackets in the folder name? Also, how would I go about running this script automatically say every 30 minutes? I am currently doing this via SSH in PuTTY.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can't rename folders, but you can re-organize files with a custom format that organizes files into the folder structure you want and the file name you want, which may or may not be the current file name.

e.g.

/path/to/movies/{ny}/{fn}

:idea: The amc script manual will explain how to use custom formats. I recommend first experimenting with custom formats in the GUI though:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
z0kii

Post by z0kii »

Ok got it.

I want 1080p movies to go into deluge/LFTP/HD and 4K movies to go into deluge/LFTP/4K as they come in.

For me to achieve that what exactly do I need to put in my code below and where?

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/user/downloads/deluge/LFTP" --def movieFormat="{n}/{fn}" --action hardlink -non-strict "/home/user/downloads/deluge/completed"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

e.g. just add {hd} to your format:

{hd}/{n}/{fn}

:idea: {hd} will give you SD, HD or UHD so you will have to add your own if-then-else code based on that to yield 4K instead of UHD.

:?: Where do non-HD / non-4K movies go? (you'll want to account for that too in your code)

:!: Make sure to read amc script carefully, especially the part about why you need a --def excludeList if you run FileBot on the same files over and over. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.