Possible to output .txt log upon completion of run?

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
PersnicketyEcon

Possible to output .txt log upon completion of run?

Post by PersnicketyEcon »

[NOTE: Possible this belongs in scripting help instead]

I have a bunch of media files to go through, and I'm doing them in parts. I usually run Filebot Node on my Synology, but I have also run it from my PC, both via CLI and GUI. When I have wanted to view the log, I have enabled ssh on my Synology, logged in via putty, viewed log in VIM, logged out and turned off ssh access.

Purely for convenience sake, is there a way to either
  • run a script to fetch the log file and dump it into a .txt file at a specified location so as to avoid using ssh
  • create a separate dump for each instance of filebot - so each time I run filebot, a new log file is created with the date and time in the title for example
When I process a bunch of media files at once, I typically like to double check the log to see if filebot got anything wrong. Unfortunately I don't really know anything about scripting. And again, this is just to make my life easier. 8-)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Possible to output .txt log upon completion of run?

Post by rednoah »

If you're using FileBot Node, then there's a Printer icon on the lower left, then you can click to view the log.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
PersnicketyEcon

Post by PersnicketyEcon »

rednoah wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 17:18 If you're using FileBot Node, then there's a Printer icon on the lower left, then you can click to view the log.
Ahh. So there is. Actually, I was just testing you to see if you remembered that you provided that. ;)

Haha, I truly never saw that before. But thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Phew! I hate surprise tests! Boy am I glad I scraped by!
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.