new install on Synology, errors and wants a license

Any questions? Need some help?
Aquatarkus

new install on Synology, errors and wants a license

Post by Aquatarkus »

Not trying to be difficult, honest

I have installed Filebot and Filebot Node on my Synology NAS. I am a big Plex user, but until now I have been treating all documentaries and odd features as home videos rather than documentary features or documentary series. I'd like to be able to see these in the library with the right metadata and related files so today I created libraries for documentaries and started trying to match my files with limited success. Filebot is recommended so I installed the Synology app and started having a look at it. I'm much more at home with the commandline, at least initially, so that's the interface I am using.

OK. The first file I want to test with is a BBC documentary on Monty Python. I can see the episode listed on TheTVDB as S2019E192 of BBC Documentaries, so I created folders in my Media library which fitted that description.

I start a shell on the NAS and
cd /volume1/Media/Documentary Series/BBC Documentaries/Season 2019
ls
BBC Documentaries - s2019e192 - Python at 50 Silly Talks and Holy Grails (2019).mp4
filebot -rename .
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [BBC Documentaries]

Multiple options: Advanced auto-selection requires -non-strict matching
Failure
OK, let's try non-strict
filebot -rename . -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [BBC Documentaries]
Fetching episode data for [BBC Documentaries]
(..etc..)

License Error: UNREGISTERED
Filebot requires a valid license...
I don't have too much objection to buying a license, but your website does say "Please download and evaluate FileBot before purchasing a license."
It's not much of an evaluation if you need to purchase the license before you can evaluate the product!

Any hints about how I should structure episodes like this would be appreciated, plus it would be really nice if I could see the product generating the correct name before I pay out the fee!!

Cheers
T
rednoah
The Source

Re: new install on Synology, errors and wants a license

Post by rednoah »

If you're using the command-line, then you can add --action TEST for testing.

As for formatting, I'd recommend using --output /media --format {plex} as that should take care of everything:
viewtopic.php?t=4116

Aquatarkus wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 17:53 I don't have too much objection to buying a license, but your website does say "Please download and evaluate FileBot before purchasing a license."
It's not much of an evaluation if you need to purchase the license before you can evaluate the product!
The line is targeted mainly at less advanced users, that find it difficult to install FileBot or figure out which buttons to click in which order, so perhaps not quite relevant to you per se. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.