Rename-format for Rapberry/Kodi (or general media-player)??

Any questions? Need some help?
Grumbeerto

Rename-format for Rapberry/Kodi (or general media-player)??

Post by Grumbeerto »

hi there,

just stumbled upon filebot on the week-end. wow! :shock:
to get into it i tried recreating what i did manually so far:

Code: Select all

{localize.german.n} ({y})/{n.replace(':','').replace('?','')} ({y}){' - CD'+pi} GERMAN {if (vf == '720p') ' 720p'}{if (vf == '1080p') ' 1080p'}
now i want to use some raspberry (openelec/kodi) to play movies from a synology.
before i go on i have a couple of general questions:
- has somebody created a format-expression that works well with kodi? (or can give me hints on whats the best format for media-players, characters to replace ...)
- i would also like to create some identifier (tmdb/imdb link, id ..?) into some textfile or so. which would be the best method? (i used to add a windows-shortcut in the folder, but that doesnt make sense for raspberry/linux or any other os)
- also pls let me know if using different languages for folders and files is not a good method. i actually did so to identify movies with non-unique 'title+year'.
(i am using filebot on windows)

any help appreciated!
---
/\ /\
('@')
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename-format for Rapberry/Kodi (or general media-player)??

Post by rednoah »

{kodi} should do:
viewtopic.php?t=4116

FileBot does store xattr by default:
viewtopic.php?t=324

Newer revisions allow you to export *.nfo and *.url files with IDs as part of the process, though you can always export them later based on xattr as well:
viewtopic.php?t=11079

I'd use English all the way. Make sure that Kodi is configured with English search & lookup as well. Things work better if naming matches the configured language.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Grumbeerto

Post by Grumbeerto »

hi rednoah,

thanks for the quick help!!
a few questions remainng:

1. {Kodi}
while {Plex} is well documented (your link) i couldn't find an equivalent for {Kodi}. I tried stuff like {Kodi[1]} but that doesnt seem to work. Am i missing something? And is the {Kodi}-Scheme available as script? i would like to better understand the script-syntax for renaming.

3. File/Folder Structure for Kodi/Media-Player
Its probably best to keep it all english as you say. while i want to keep my german folder title for use in non-kodi environments.
So i tested 50 movies and they had all been found by Kodi :)) And the good thing is that renaming them to pure {Kodi} syntax also worked for all of them (in case i want to convert them to all english later).
Here is the code i used (i still wanna improve the >720p automation for larger sizes and maybe add bitrate check - found it already)

Code: Select all

OutputFolder\{localize.german.n} ({y}) {if (vf == '720p') ' 720p'}{if (vf == '1080p') ' 1080p'}/{KODI.name} GERMAN {if (vf == '720p') ' 720p'}{if (vf == '1080p') ' 1080p'}
2. good to hear that can be post-processed at any time.

- Is ist possible to delete old-folders automatically via Filebot-Program? Or maybe to log the old folder-list, so i can post-process / delete with 3rd party?
- and is it possible to duplicate presets? to not create-new, copy-paste & setup stuff again?

Thanks for the support!
---
/\ /\
('@')
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Should work. Introduced recently though so make sure you’re using the latest release. Any docs that apply to the plex binding also apply to the kodi binding.

There’s scripts for deleting left behind clutter. Look at the cleaner script.

As for presets, there’s currently no way to copy, because it’s typically something you do once or twice and then never look at again.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.