Auto renaming with FileBot Tool and AMC both unsuccessful

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Sh0gan

Auto renaming with FileBot Tool and AMC both unsuccessful

Post by Sh0gan »

Hi there, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I had a seed box with Plex, grabbed a license for FileBot as soon as was needed and it worked as it should.

Decided to host my gown Plex on my Mac Mini and nothing is being renamed or symlinked which is what I’m after I tried FileBot with FileBot Tool...

Then when that didn’t work I tried the AMC script for Deluge, all latest versions and still nothing, can anyone see where I’m going wrong? Thanks.

rednoah
The Source

Re: Auto renaming with FileBot Tool and AMC both unsuccessful

Post by rednoah »

If you need help with FileBotTool: FileBot Integration for Deluge (non-official 3rd party tool) then you'll want to contact the author:
https://github.com/Laharah/deluge-FileBotTool

As for integrating Deluge with the filebot command-line tools, please read this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p3382

:!: Your screenshot indicates that you blindly copy & pasted commands into Deluge without reading the instructions. The first step is not copy & pasting commands into Deluge, but running the given commands to create an executable shell script called deluge-postprocess.sh, and we then configure Deluge to call that newly created shell script, which in turn calls filebot with the appropriate environment variables pre-set by Deluge.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Hello yep you are correct, I did blindly copy the command into Deluge, I will have a read and of how to do it with just FileBot and let you know, also thanks for the info on FileBot tool, I would prefer to use the curl, AMC script and have already setup some great renaming in that tool, if I can move them to FileBot that would be great. Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. Once you have it working. Please take a screenshot, so we can add a screenshot to the documentation for the next guy. ;)
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Lol if I get it working, I already read that page and it says 1st create post-process.sh, do it looks like I have to compile it then link it?
So I run that command from Terminal, then link it, then how do I get FileBot to rename accordingly. Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Run this command:

Code: Select all

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebot/plugins/master/bash/deluge-postprocess.sh
:idea: You now have downloaded a shell script to a file called deluge-postprocess.sh.

Run this command:

chmod +rx deluge-postprocess.sh
:idea: You have now made deluge-postprocess.sh executable.

You can now edit deluge-postprocess.sh with your favorite text editor to modify the FileBot command and customize to your needs. It's just a text file. You don't need to compile or link anything.

:!: If these steps don't immediately click for you, then I recommend using the GUI, or doing some tutorials on how to use the command-line first, just so you get a general feel for the concepts involved, it'll be smooth sailing from there. ;)
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

ok thanks

I'm looking to keep my TV Show renaming, syntax, which is great for me, is ill have a play and be back.

{ny}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {'S'+s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}/{n} - {'S'+s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}
thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Since we're going to be using the amc script script, you should be fairly happy with the defaults. But you can always pass in your own series format if you so choose.

If you decide to use the GUI, you can of course also use your custom format, it's the same either way:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

unfortunately its still not working, don't know what I've done ill keep playing with it, till something happens, thanks for your help
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please read Shell Script Debugging for Beginners for some general advice on how to systematically approach the problem.
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Woah this is mad, I program I’m Objective C and Swift 4, did have Apps in the store since 2013, and this is making my brain explode lol.

The Chmod command worked all good and I’ve changed my path.

It’s nuts.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I have apps in the MAS and I have never even used Xcode. :lol: I thought it's just the Microsoft Visual Studio folks who've never seen a Terminal. :shock: The best thing about macOS is the Terminal, and Alfred. :roll:
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

WTF is Alfred 😂

& yeah I used Xcode & I’ve used Terminal, never hand coded any MAS, this though is making me wanna take a couple of trips, I’ve done everything correctly and still nothing is happening, melt down. What do you suggest I do next, I’ve read all the links, the AMC one is still a bit confusing, where does that come from? Maybe I should change my torrent client, the others have loads more info?

Cheers
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Screenshot of command running from Terminal, looks like it doesn’t like the output directory

Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

@rednoah

I’ve even set it up as a folder action script and it’s still not doing anything.

I know Automator is working as it’s set to watch a folder in Dropbox and open Delige, it must be something I’m doing wrong, I’ve 8 months of my license left, and I’ve been trying for a good few weeks now, this was my last resort, any ideas?

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please read Cmdline and Argument Passing for details.

e.g.
rednoah wrote: 14 Aug 2014, 10:02 Never use non-ASCII characters like or and note that these characters are not the same as the " standard quotation mark. If a character is not on the keyboard, then it will not have any special meaning on the command-line.

command: echo, args: [Hello World]

echo "Hello World"
Hello World
BAD command: echo, args: [“Hello, World”]

echo “Hello Hello”
“Hello Hello”

As for "it's not doing anything" please read Shell Script Debugging for Beginners. Because it's always doing something, even if that something is just crashing and dumping errors to standard error output, so the first step is always to see what the console output says. ;)
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Ok thanks will read, I’ve set the watch folder action to watch torrents/data just realised there will be nothing going on in media as there’s nothing being symlinked.

I’m gonna try that and see, then read after a long break 😁
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Phew at last, watching the data directory for changes works, be great to just watch the Movies & the TV Show directories separately though as I could do with changing the output format a bit. So now to try and add this:

/Users/Shane/media/TV Shows/{ny}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {'S'+s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}/{n} - {'S'+s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}
To the folder action for TV, which currently does both

/usr/local/bin/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/shane/media“ --action symlink --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=".excludes" unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "$@"
ARG_LABEL="N/A"
And have a separate folder watch action for Movies

/Users/Shane/media/Movies/{ny}/{n}
Thanks for your help, @rednoah, it’s all working for now, looks like I need to do some reading.
Last edited by Sh0gan on 01 Mar 2020, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Hold on, so I can put all that in the output section,I think, gonna try anyway, thanks very much.
magictce2

Post by magictce2 »

Filebot just doesn't work well for me, digging for utilities to help fix some of my TV shows that were coming up incorrectly in Plex, I found Filebot, theRenamer, and Media Center Master.
Filebot would not work correctly for me. But now i've switched to Media Center Master App which worked pretty great and has a free version that works wonderfully
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

magictce2 wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 18:01 Filebot just doesn't work well for me, digging for utilities to help fix some of my TV shows that were coming up incorrectly in Plex, I found Filebot, theRenamer, and Media Center Master.
Filebot would not work correctly for me. But now i've switched to Media Center Master App which worked pretty great and has a free version that works wonderfully
Please read How to Request Help. Since you refrain from sharing any specifics on what worked or didn't work, and just added this to a random unrelated thread, with a new user no less, we can only assume this is inappropriate advertising here.

:idea: Please at least put in the time and do a proper write up of the tools you have tested and the pros and cons of each of those tools if you wanna advertise here...
Sh0gan

Post by Sh0gan »

Mine works great now, I must admit the reason why it didn’t work was probably (I say probably cause I’ve not tried it and it’s working now so I’m gonna leave it), is because I didn’t have the .sh file in the right folder, so my path had no idea where to look for it.

I have since created a /Users/user-name/bin folder and made my own sh file that shuts down Deluge when it’s finished downloading and added the folder location to my path using a .bash_profile.

So now the folder action version of FileBot happily does its stuff and as soon as it detects a change in Movies or TV Shows everything gets renamed properly and added as a SymLink to Plex, then using the execute plugin, set for torrent finished, I call the ShutDownDeluge.sh.

Now I don’t even have to touch my Mac. I can upload a torrent to my Dropbox watch folder on my Mac from my Timer, Deluge opens, the file starts downloading, FileBot renames it, then Deluge shuts down. Perfect.

If I had put the post-process.sh in the new folder structure I created I think it would have worked great, my current setup however is perfect.

So @magictce2 either use the folder action version or make a bin folder under your user folder add it to your path, put your FileBot sh file in there, chmod it to 755, call it from Deluge and it will work.

Thanks for your help @rednoah all that reading did the trick =)

😁