Can't Auto Detect Series

Any questions? Need some help?
Abyssix

Can't Auto Detect Series

Post by Abyssix »

Hi Everyone,

I have been using File Bot for quite a while now ,and I have to say that it is an amazing program and makes every media enthusiast life better with managing their media files, keep up the great work File Bot Staff!

Recently I have encountered an error/bug when I am trying to sort my series (Auto Detect). I will for example load a series and then usually click auto detect so that it can find the best match and then rename my series into the order I want it.

But now when I use the auto detect function it will give me an error "Failed Group: {Series=modern family}" The only way I am able to rename the series or get a match for it, is when I use the option "TVmaze"

I am able to use the auto detect function on movies, but I am not able to use it on my anime or any of my series.

I have tried uninstalling File Bot and re-installing, I have updated Java/Uninstalled and re-installing. I also tried on two different computers, and I still receive this error.

Could anyone help me to see what the problem could be please?

Please see link below for screen shot of the error message.

https://snipboard.io/zGuxyC.jpg
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't Auto Detect Series

Post by rednoah »

What does the log say?

:idea: See FAQ on how to find the log file.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Abyssix

Post by Abyssix »

Hi Red,

Would you be able to tell me on how to retrieve the log so that I can show you?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Press Win+R, then paste %APPDATA%\FileBot, then hit ENTER, then copy the log file and upload it to https://pastebin.com/.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Sounds like you are using an old (free) version (4.7.9) ?

Code: Select all

java -jar FileBot.jar -version
Abyssix

Post by Abyssix »

Hi Red,

Please see the link below for the error log which I'm getting on File Bot.

https://pastebin.com/iT4gAdrv
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?

Please try the latest beta for good measure:
viewtopic.php?t=1609
Abyssix

Post by Abyssix »

Hi Red,

I'm not so clued up with these things, but my friend has helped me. I see that I am currently running File Bot version 4.7.9 . If I am correct it was a free version? I just want to find out shouldn't the free version still work in a way? I mean as you only have the latest version and the beta version on your website? How is it possible that the 4.7.9 stopped?

Sorry if I seem upfront, just a question.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.7.9 is unsupported since ~2017. It's an ancient relic in internet time. Some parts still work just fine. Some parts don't work well anymore due to external changes. AFAIK, TheTVDB changed something that broke older versions.

:idea: The official answer is "only the latest stable release is supported" and any older version is considered dead as soon as it's superseded by a newer one.
Abyssix

Post by Abyssix »

Hi Red,

Thank you for your effort. I will try and save up for the life time license might take a while, but eventually I will be able to say I am supporting your hard work.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Abyssix wrote:09 Mar 2020, 10:01 Hi Red,

I've got enough money to buy myself a 1 year license for the mean while until I can purchase the life time license.

I just want to ask a few questions if I may please,

1) 1 year license, on how many devices can I use it? As I have two computers which I usually do the renaming
2) If I purchased a 1 year license and in 5 months time decide to purchase a life time one, will there be a discount?
3) What is the receiving time of the license?
As many as you want, within reason. 2 devices is very much within reason.

No. Actually, I'd recommend just sticking to 1 year licenses. Low Investment / Low Risk / Flexible / Purchase when needed. Less work for me too because people keep losing their license files, which is less of a problem if it's just a cheap one. ;)

Fairly immediate, assuming you use @gmail.com and type your email address correctly. ;)