"Applying custom formats may take a while" error message

Any questions? Need some help?
snake2332

"Applying custom formats may take a while" error message

Post by snake2332 »

Hi. I just got FileBot and have been impressed with it so far. However, I slightly changed the default format, then changed it back and it gives me the error:

"Applying custom formats may take a while"

...on every file. And it takes like 30 seconds to process each file, whereas originally it only took half a second to rename 25 files.

I am not trying to use a custom format. I want to use the default. Is there a config file somewhere to delete so I can go back to defaults and it won't hang up like this? I tried reinstalling but it didn't wipe out my history i guess (version 4.8.5). I am going to go look in the registry after uninstalling it again, but would like some guidance to get it back to normal renaming speed, since 30 seconds per file makes the app unbearably slow.

I searched the forums for the error message and found zero results, thus I created this topic.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: "Applying custom formats may take a while" error message

Post by rednoah »

You can run filebot -clear-prefs to reset everything:

Code: Select all

filebot -clear-prefs

If your format requires additional information from TheTVDB, which is intermittently unresponsive right now, then that would explain the issue. Just use a different database in the meanwhile. The {plex} format and anything similar to that shouldn't need to request additional information during formatting either, and thus be instant.

:arrow: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewforum.php?f=122
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
snake2332

Re: "Applying custom formats may take a while" error message

Post by snake2332 »

Well I changed to a custom format that I wanted to use and it operates quickly, so I think I'm all good now. Loving the tool - was well worth the $6.