Using filebot docker image

Any questions? Need some help?
metabsd

Using filebot docker image

Post by metabsd »

Hi, I'm trying to use the docker image on my linux machine to extract/rename and move my stuff to the right place. The end result for now is that I loose the file. No problemo I have a backup of my folder to try and finally find the right way to use it.

Where I store my file I made from my DVD and Bluray.
Mount Point :

Code: Select all

/srv/raiddata
Rip source :

/srv/raiddata/rip/Series-us
Where I store my file and where Plex take it to stream :

/srv/raiddata/Series/Series-us/
The command I use to extract and or only rename

docker run --rm -it -v /srv/raiddata:/volume1 -v data:/data rednoah/filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/rip/Series-us --output /volume1/Series -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'ut_label=TV' 'artwork=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'seriesFormat=/Series-us/{n}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/data/.filebot-node/filebot.log'
Something wrong ?

Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Using filebot docker image

Post by rednoah »

What does the log say?

:idea: If you're "losing" files, then my first guess would be that you're accidentally moving files from the host file system, into the container file system, which is subsequently voided as the container shuts down. You can use --action TEST or --action DUPLICATE for testing.

EDIT:

:!: /Series-us/{n}/{n} - {sxe} - {t} is an absolute path. You probably meant to write {n}/{n} - {sxe} - {t} which is a relative path which is going to be resolved relatively to your --output folder which is mapped to the host file system.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Gilbertoc

Post by Gilbertoc »

Is it easy to make this mistake though?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, it's a mistake in your case, but it's a perfectly good use case for others. If you're using Linux and docker, then basic command-line skills are prerequisite. We life and learn. The issue would have been obvious if you had read the log. ;)
metabsd

Post by metabsd »

You right. The problem was about the path. I was thinking that /Series-us will come after /volume1/Series and result to /volume1/Series/Series-us

Now I have another quick question. I will do searching also so maybe I will find be myself.

Can I run the container with -e USERID='1000' -e GROUPID='1000' to be able to write the file with a specific owner and group.

Thank you!
metabsd

Post by metabsd »

I found that I can do this

--def "exec=chmod -R 775 \"{folder}/\" ; chown -R greg:users \"{folder}/\"" 
But I have to add a user and group matcher my uid and gid inside the container to be able to run this. Are you agree or there is another way to do.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, at this point, now that you have experienced docker for non-web-server applications, you might want to consider not using docker and just running filebot normally instead. ;)