Filebot moving files slowly

Any questions? Need some help?
akashb1

Filebot moving files slowly

Post by akashb1 »

Hi All,

First time posting here. I have filebot running as a docker in Unraid. My action is set to "move" in the configuration, and indeed it does move the file.

However, it does it at the same speed as a copy action, even though the source and destination are both on my NAS, and within the same share on the NAS.

Any ideas? If I use windows explorer to move the files, it happens instantly, but Filebot is much slower.

Let me know if any additional documentation would be helpful!

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot moving files slowly

Post by rednoah »

Are the source and destination file paths on the same file system? (from the point of view of the docker container)

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cdef

Post by cdef »

Late to the party but I'm having the same issue. Yes, in my case both file paths are on the same file system. I'm moving from "/watch" to "/output" in Docker or "/Downloads/completed" to "/Downloads/cleaned" on the host and it is taking as long as it would to copy the files. I'm also running in Docker and using the web interface.
cdef

Post by cdef »

I think the issue is that I'm copying from /watch to /output. I made another volume called /storage that goes to /Downloads and them from there navigated to the /completed and /cleaned folders for input and output respectively and it moved them instantly.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

cdef wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 06:26 Late to the party but I'm having the same issue. Yes, in my case both file paths are on the same file system. I'm moving from "/watch" to "/output" in Docker or "/Downloads/completed" to "/Downloads/cleaned" on the host and it is taking as long as it would to copy the files. I'm also running in Docker and using the web interface.
You seem to indicate that /watch and /output are separate mount points and thus separate file systems from the point of view of the docker container.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.