Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFamilyName (15700)

Any questions? Need some help?
Synk556

Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFamilyName (15700)

Post by Synk556 »

Here's the log:

Code: Select all

Fetching episode data for [The Bravest]
Fetching episode data for [Brave Eagle]
Fetching episode data for [Brave New World (2020)]
[DUPLICATE] Sorry! --action DUPLICATE requires a valid license.
* Consider using --action TEST
License Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFamilyName (15700)
Bad License (>_<)
Now I DID have and was using the Complimentary Licence that expired on 7/11. But I've uninstalled that version and this log ^^ is from the store version. I paid full price for this and will be distressed if a kill date was added AFTER my purchase. That said, I suspect the Complimentary running out is probably the more likely culprit.

Proof that I bought it:
https://gyazo.com/2a96592a2de29761256ba043c7096d6d
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows Store Version is returning bad license.

Post by rednoah »

You need to use the standard Windows App entry points. You cannot run FileBot by clicking on the *.exe file inside the locked hidden Windows Apps folder. (i.e. can't run a UWP app in Win32 mode)

filebot can be called like so:

filebot

CMD will then call the corresponding Windows App entry point:

$ where filebot
C:\Users\rednoah\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\filebot.exe

:!: Make sure you only have one edition of FileBot installed as to avoid confusion. Uninstall all editions you may have installed, and then only install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, and make sure not to modify any application files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Synk556

Re: Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFamilyName (15700)

Post by Synk556 »

Seems like I should be able to install the software I paid for and go, and have it work out of the box.

You're telling me there's extra steps I have to take?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFamilyName (15700)

Post by rednoah »

Not at all. There are no extra steps.

Here's how it works:
1. Install via the Microsoft Store
2. Launch via Tile or Command as installed by the Microsoft Store

:?: How did you install FileBot? How are you launching FileBot? Screenshots might help us understand what is different in your setup or usage that makes things go awry.

** All of the above applies to users who have purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store, which is distinct and separate from standalone universal licenses. Make sure not to confuse the two licensing mechanisms. There’re completely separate and independent and each have distinct application binaries.

:!: Error Code 15700 suggests that you're trying to run a Microsoft Store binary, but without launching it via the one of the standard Microsoft Store interfaces (i.e. Tile or Command) which doesn't work. It'll work if you launch it via the appropriate Microsoft Store interfaces as explained in my previous reply.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.