Filebot creating folders for multi part episodes.

Any questions? Need some help?
migat

Filebot creating folders for multi part episodes.

Post by migat »

I am having a strange issue where Filebot is creating a folder and then using part of the file name for the media. Example would be if a show has multiple sketches, filebot will suggest it at Show - SXXEXX - Sketch1/Sketch2/Sketch3

When it changes the file name it comes out like this - (Folder)Show SXXEXX - Sketch1>(Folder)Sketch2>Sketch3.xxx

On some shows it will rename the file to Show - SXXEXX - Sketch1 & Sketch2 & Sketch3.xxx

How do I instruct filebot to use the & for multiple sketch named shows?

Example - https://i.imgur.com/TS4Y1r2.png
kim
Power User

Re: Filebot creating folders for multi part episodes.

Post by kim »

your format is missing ?

/ in file name causes folder creation
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12024
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please use the {plex} format. That'll take care of everything by default.

:idea: If you're using a custom format, then your custom format will be responsible for generating destination file paths, and replacing any potential / or \ directory separators in the episode title as you see fit:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
migat

Post by migat »

I am just fetching from the TVDB and using what is recommended. Where do I adjust the naming scheme applied in the Windows GUI? Please forgive my lack of familiarity.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can set your custom format in the format editor:

Please watch the Getting Started videos for details:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/
migat

Post by migat »

Finding how to open the editor was the problem. It's not in the options area, you need to have something loaded then right click to get to the editor. That was the step I didn't quite get...and by the way, the getting started slideshow doesn't specify how to get their either ;)
migat

Post by migat »

In the original provided screenshot, it was fetching the file name exactly as it is seen on tvdb:

I set it to {plex}, and all it does is put a space between the sketch names. I set it back to the original of {n} - {sxe} - {t} and now when I match it to tvdb now it also just omits the / with a space, so an episode called Poker/Divorce on TVDB now shows up with the title of Poker Divorce. There is no indication that there are separate segments. Is there a way to substitute / for & when it is detected from tvdb? Also, why is it not providing the original "broken" behavior now when I search, it is just replacing it with a space? It is the exact same file and the same query source.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There are multiple ways to open the Format Editor:
* Double-Click New Names item ➔ Edit Format (recommended, because we'll want to test our format with the real currently selected match data)
* Right-Click New Names ➔ Edit Format (not recommended)
* Click Fetch Data ➔ Edit Format (not recommended)

The {plex} format does indeed just strip / and friends to make things work. It cannot know how you would prefer to replace / in this particular context.

:!: {n} - {sxe} - {t} is not the default format. {t} will take care of / implicitly. {object} is functionally equivalent to what would happen if there was no format (i.e. default format).

:idea: In this case, we'll want to access the raw episode title via {episode.title} and then apply our custom transformations as desired:

Code: Select all

{episode.title.slash(' & ')}
migat

Post by migat »

rednoah wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 06:57 1.
There are multiple ways to open the Format Editor:
* Double-Click New Names item ➔ Edit Format (recommended, because we'll want to test our format with the real currently selected match data)
* Right-Click New Names ➔ Edit Format (not recommended)
* Click Fetch Data ➔ Edit Format (not recommended)

The {plex} format does indeed just strip / and friends to make things work. It cannot know how you would prefer to replace / in this particular context.

:!: {n} - {sxe} - {t} is not the default format. {t} will take care of / implicitly. {object} is functionally equivalent to what would happen if there was no format (i.e. default format).

:idea: In this case, we'll want to access the raw episode title via {episode.title} and then apply our custom transformations as desired:

Code: Select all

{episode.title.slash(' & ')}
Thanks so much for the help. {n} - {sxe} - {episode.title.slash(' & ')} did the trick for exactly how I wanted it formatted. Can I buy you a beer or coffee? You can PM me a way to send it over, I have zelle/venmo/paypal/cashapp...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

migat wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 21:13 Thanks so much for the help. {n} - {sxe} - {episode.title.slash(' & ')} did the trick for exactly how I wanted it formatted. Can I buy you a beer or coffee? You can PM me a way to send it over, I have zelle/venmo/paypal/cashapp...
No worries. But if you're feeling generous, feel free to purchase an extra license for a friend. ;)