[Filebot-xpra] For western TV, {db.TheTVDB.plex} and {plex} sometimes yield different episode numbers.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
TheRealJohnAdams

[Filebot-xpra] For western TV, {db.TheTVDB.plex} and {plex} sometimes yield different episode numbers.

Post by TheRealJohnAdams »

My default TV rename format is `/video/{db.TheTVDB.plex}`. I use this, rather than {plex}, to ensure that anime are renamed correctly. Until today, this has worked correctly for both anime and western TV.

Today I tried to process Murder, She Wrote. I matched directly against TheTVDB, so {db.TheTVDB.plex} and {plex} should be identical. But as the screenshot shows, {db.TheTVDB.plex} and {plex} yield different episode numbers. I think this may be related to 'Airdate' and 'DVD' numbering being slightly different for this show, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

rednoah
The Source

Re: [Filebot-xpra] For western TV, {db.TheTVDB.plex} and {plex} sometimes yield different episode numbers.

Post by rednoah »

{db.TheTVDB.plex} does seem to force TheTVDB / Airdate Order (i.e. default order) but that's not specified one way or another yet:
https://thetvdb.com/series/murder-she-w ... fficial/11

:arrow: In any case, you can always re-order as desired:

Code: Select all

{db.TheTVDB.order.DVD.plex}

:idea: If you're using the GUI, then you'll want to process TV Series and Anime separately, with a different database / format / etc as necessary:
viewtopic.php?t=3228
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cheaters

Re: [Filebot-xpra] For western TV, {db.TheTVDB.plex} and {plex} sometimes yield different episode numbers.

Post by cheaters »

Wish I had received this simple bit of information as an option :x

I have struggled with this for a very, very long time and received overly complicated advice. Appears to be much easier to implement in my AMC script.

What's happening now is a series is downloaded named with the correct production order, TVDB struggles to find it and I have to manually match it using "Aired order", then Plex gets the file FB renamed using Aired order and mismatches it again because it wants production order so I have to go in and edit the file again to get a proper match!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

jprokos wrote: 22 May 2022, 14:05 What's happening now is a series is downloaded named with the correct production order, TVDB struggles to find it and I have to manually match it using "Aired order", then Plex gets the file FB renamed using Aired order and mismatches it again because it wants production order so I have to go in and edit the file again to get a proper match!
When organizing files for Plex, the key is using the same settings (i.e. database, order, language, etc) in both FileBot and Plex. Plex does not use "production order" because TheTVDB generally only provides Airdate, DVD or Absolute Order.

:idea: Note that Plex uses TheMovieDB by default nowadays. You will get the occasional very odd mismatch if you number files with TheTVDB / Airdate Order and then have Plex interpret the numbers with TheMovieDB, and vice versa. It'll work when the numbers just so happen to be the same, and not otherwise.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.