Renew a valid license? (accidentally holding SHIFT when clicking the Rename button)

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
GreenLantern81

Renew a valid license? (accidentally holding SHIFT when clicking the Rename button)

Post by GreenLantern81 »

Hi!
I just bought a filebot license. But suddenly when i try to rename some files it wants me to get a new. I try to paste my license and i try to select license file but Filebot just ignores it and keep asking me to buy a new.
If i cklick about 5 times filebot gives up and renames the files. Filebot works perfectly on all my other computers except for this one.
Im using filebot portable on Nobara Linux43.2

rednoah
The Source

Re: Renew a valid license?

Post by rednoah »

Are you accidentally holding the SHIFT key when clicking the Rename button by any chance? (NOTE: holding the SHIFT key when clicking the Rename button allows you to force the prompt; useful when changing license key ahead of time)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GreenLantern81

Post by GreenLantern81 »

No, but i noticed other strange things. It works now again so mayby the key got stuck some how...

Thanks for helping me :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

An intermittently stuck SHIFT key would certainly wreak havoc across the general Desktop experience. :lol:
GreenLantern81

Post by GreenLantern81 »

Strange, i have the same problem again....
I have been sorted thousands of files and suddenly the problem is back. Im using "Microsoft Remote Desktop", could that be the problem?
GreenLantern81

Post by GreenLantern81 »

Sorry, quick solution!

It has to be with "Microsoft Remote Desktop" and linux. I pressed like all buttons on the keyboard and then it worked again.
No filebot issue..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r9722 now allows you to force the "Change License" prompt only if Original Files and New Names is empty, so that should help avoid the unfortunate customer experience of being asked to select a license when you have already done so.

:!: That said, holding SHIFT will activate "alternative mode" for a variety of actions so you definitely wanna make sure that RDP is sending the key events that you think you are sending to avoid strange behaviours:
viewtopic.php?t=12703