[NFO] All movies recognized as the same (wrong) movie (misleading NFO files)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
janaxhell

[NFO] All movies recognized as the same (wrong) movie (misleading NFO files)

Post by janaxhell »

This has been happening now and then in a lesser form, but as of today has rendered Filebot unusable.
In the past year it happened that Filebot assumed some movie in the Original Files tab was one of those previously renamed in the same folder, but not selected.
In those cases I just had to move that file outside the folder and FileBot recognized the rest of the movies correctly.
Today I have renamed a bunch of movies correctly, then changed to another folder with other movies.
One of them was correctly recognized and renamed, but after that ALL the movies in any folder I try are recognized as that same movie.
I have tried to move the files to another folder and also another disk and rename them from there, but the problem persists.
I have uninstalled Filebot and cleaned cache and tmp and reinstalled Filebot: it still insists on recognizing all movies as the same wrong one.
I am using v5.0.2 with license.
rednoah
The Source

Re: All movies recognized as the same (wrong) movie

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Please post screenshots or files paths as text so that we can see what you are seeing and perhaps allow us to reproduce the issue ourselves.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help for details:
rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40
  • Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
  • Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
janaxhell

Post by janaxhell »

"Full Circle" movie is in a totally different folder/disk, but FileBot keeps recognizing everything as that film

I'm using this preset

{n.colon(' - ')} ({vs}-{vf}-{ac}) ({y}) [{ audioLanguages.ISO3.join('+').upper() }]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Is the full.circle.* file in the parent folder a *.nfo file by any chance? If so, can you paste the text content?
https://pastebin.com/

:?: What happens if you delete the full.circle.*.nfo in the parent folder and then try again?
janaxhell

Post by janaxhell »

Yes! That's it! After removing the .nfo, all movies were recognized correctly! How weird!
This is the content, rather normal:
https://pastebin.com/hY1rNrtQ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The IMDB ID http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074611 in the sole NFO file forces the Movie match for all files in the same folder / child folders. There seem to be other NFO files but if they don't contain IMDB IDs then they don't count, and so the "sole NFO file rules" behaviour somehow accidentally kick in.

EDIT:

Fixed with FileBot r9733.
janaxhell

Post by janaxhell »

Yes, you are right, the others don't contain any IMDB link, I'll remove all .nfo's from now on, thanks for sorting this out.