Matching files against TheTVDB does not work; the loading indicator keeps spinning forever

Support for Windows users
Pinfeed

Matching files against TheTVDB does not work; the loading indicator keeps spinning forever

Post by Pinfeed »

Hi,

since a few day I can't rename tv series. After clicking Match/TheTVdatabase filebot freeze and only with the Programm Manger i can stop the app.
Windows 10 latest release.

Hope I find some help here.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot didn't work with tv series

Post by rednoah »

Does the log file show any errors? Does the UI freeze and become unresponsive, or does the loading indicator keep turning indefinitely? Can you reproduce the issue with different files in different locations?

:arrow: Please include logs and screenshots:
viewtopic.php?t=1868
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pinfeed

Post by Pinfeed »

Hi,

the loading indicator keep on running. today i tried to use an other source. That worked. Than I switched back to TVMD. Since that, it works fine.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If the loading indicator keeps running, then FileBot is not frozen. It's likely just stuck doing some network operation, waiting for a response that isn't coming due to network issues, maybe doing a few retries as well, and will eventually timeout and either work, or show you an error message. The log will tell you what is happening.
Ptb88

Re: Matching files against TheTVDB does not work; the loading indicator keeps spinning forever

Post by Ptb88 »

My windows 11 pc did a recent automated update, but since then file it is unable to fetch data for files, i reinstalled windows and the software worked fine until again an automated windows 11 update has stopped the application from again fetching data, is there a work around to resolve this issue?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Matching files against TheTVDB does not work; the loading indicator keeps spinning forever

Post by rednoah »

What does the error message say when it doesn't work?

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
Ptb88

Post by Ptb88 »

Hi, Sorry for the major delay, it does not show any error, it just fails to fetch any information
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Did you check the log?

:?: Can you provide a test case and / or sample file paths so we can reproduce the issue ourselves?

:arrow: Please read How to Request Help. This page explains how you can check the log and copy & paste file paths for testing.
Ptb88

Post by Ptb88 »

Code: Select all

WARNING: Failed to check for updates: Cannot assign requested address: no further information
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: no further information

Apr 28, 2023 8:06:59 AM net.filebot.CachedResource retry
WARNING: Fetch failed: Try again in 2 seconds (2 more) => java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: no further information
Apr 28, 2023 8:07:01 AM net.filebot.CachedResource retry
WARNING: Fetch failed: Try again in 8 seconds (1 more) => java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: no further information
Apr 28, 2023 8:07:09 AM net.filebot.CachedResource lambda$get$2
SEVERE: Failed to fetch resource: Cannot assign requested address: no further information
https://pastebin.com/xqrEeQGz
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you using NordVPN by any chance?
rednoah wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 18:06 NordVPN split tunnelling is known to fundamentally break network connections for some users:

java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: no further information

:arrow: If NordVPN somehow breaks internet connectivity, then not using NordVPN can serve as a workaround to make things work.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=13535