Filebot chaging series mid match, inside a single folder?

Support for unRAID and docker container users
Hellreaver

Filebot chaging series mid match, inside a single folder?

Post by Hellreaver »

Hello.

I'm not sure why, but when matching series sometimes (and significantly more often recently) FileBot will switch shows that it's matched to, even inside the same folder, even after asking me to manuall confirm what show/anime it is.

In this example I tried two different things.

1: When it asked me to select the anime, I chose "Golden Boy (1995)".

2: When it asked me to select the anime, I chose *skip*.

both resulted in the exact same matching, which switches seemingly at random. They're all named exactly the same.

The same thing happens with The Twilight Zone (1959 or whatever year) It'll ask me to manually confirm the series, then ignore my confirmation. This wouldn't be so bad if I only had series files to hardlink, but I also have a few hundred subtitles files, which means I'd have to manually drag them from the "episodes" menu and then HOPE my subtitles lined up correctly, or manually match everything. At that point I might as well do everything manually.

I am hardlinking and reluctant to change to original files for seeding purposes of course.

Someone in a different thread stated that to fix this you could just "SHIFT-CLICK the database". I was confused as to what that meant, so I attempted to respond to the post, but got disapproved by the admin and was told my post "looked like spam" even though my post was basically "Hey can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you/the faq means by "shift click the database"?".

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

https://imgur.com/a/g3Jipco
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot chaging series mid match, inside a single folder?

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will consider multiple options at all times, and possibly only ask for some of them, e.g. FileBot will not ask if there's only one result for a given search query, or if the query is already a series ID from a nearby NFO file, etc. This is necessary because a typical use case is processing multiple episodes from different series in the same folder at the same time.

:arrow: Please past file paths as text (click on the link in my signature on how to do this) so that we can investigate what's going on in this specific case.

:idea: SHIFT-CLICK <database> means holding the SHIFT key on your keyboard when clicking on the database of your choice, i.e. TheMovieDB, TheTVDB, AniDB or TVmaze. This "alternate mode" will require you to select a series, and then only that one selected series is considered for matching.

:arrow: Alternatively, you can drop episode information from Episodes into Rename, and then click the Match button to align files and episodes. In this regard, FileBot 5.* improves support for matching the same episode to multiple files, i.e. video file with subtitle files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Hellreaver

Post by Hellreaver »

Oops sorry about not including the file paths.

I want to note that on the popup, if I choose "Golden Boy (2013)" i get EXACTLY the same result. Wonder why it's asking at all??

Does shift clicking the database work when using shortcuts&hardlinks? Edit: Oh it does, that's cool.

https://pastebin.com/Sfk4Rbqs
Hellreaver

Post by Hellreaver »

rednoah wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 08:41 FileBot will consider multiple options at all times, and possibly only ask for some of them, e.g. FileBot will not ask if there's only one result for a given search query, or if the query is already a series ID from a nearby NFO file, etc. This is necessary because a typical use case is processing multiple episodes from different series in the same folder at the same time.

:arrow: Please past file paths as text (click on the link in my signature on how to do this) so that we can investigate what's going on in this specific case.

:idea: SHIFT-CLICK <database> means holding the SHIFT key on your keyboard when clicking on the database of your choice, i.e. TheMovieDB, TheTVDB, AniDB or TVmaze. This "alternate mode" will require you to select a series, and then only that one selected series is considered for matching.

:arrow: Alternatively, you can drop episode information from Episodes into Rename, and then click the Match button to align files and episodes. In this regard, FileBot 5.* improves support for matching the same episode to multiple files, i.e. video file with subtitle files.
Hey sorry, is there anything else I need to include?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. The file paths you posted are what I was looking for, and should just work with the latest revision. I didn't investigate much since it just worked with the latest revision when I ran tests, perhaps due to other recent changes that positively affect this use case as well.

:arrow: You can try the latest revision if you want to check and confirm on your end as well:
viewtopic.php?t=1609
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Hellreaver

Post by Hellreaver »

rednoah wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 03:39 No worries. The file paths you posted are what I was looking for, and should just work with the latest revision. I didn't investigate much since it just worked with the latest revision when I ran tests, perhaps due to other recent changes that positively affect this use case as well.

:arrow: You can try the latest revision if you want to check and confirm on your end as well:
viewtopic.php?t=1609
Fixed after an update, thank you.