Using List Load Not Working

Support for Windows users
vshanecurtis

Using List Load Not Working

Post by vshanecurtis »

Hi Guys,

Filebot's List function has a load button. I'm assuming this is used to load a list that has been saved to a file. When I attempt to load a list that has been saved as a text file the only thing that gets loaded into the list is the name of the file not the contents of the file. Is there a way to load a file containing a list of file names that you want to reformat in a specific way?

Thanks for the help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Using List Load Not Working

Post by rednoah »

:?: What is the file name of the file you're trying to load into the Load panel?

:idea: List can load lists of files from all kinds of inputs, file listings, file contents, etc. FileBot can load file lists from text files, archive files, verification files and torrent files. If you drop a *.txt file then List will load all the non-empty lines from the given text file. FileBot will not read text files with unusual file type extensions.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vshanecurtis

Post by vshanecurtis »

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I thought it wanted a text file containing file names. It wants the names from the files themselves, duh.. Stupid me. I had the file names I wanted to tweak saved in a text file expecting it to open the file and read the list and apply the macro to the file names. Nope, no go. Then I noticed that it was loading the name of the text file into the list so I loaded the files themselves. I was trying to fix something that Filebot did to my file names that I consider to be a mistake. The fault is not Filebot's but rather the online databases that it utilizes. The problem has been fixed. Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you just to rewrite file names, then Plain File Mode is your friend.

:idea: Notably, if you already have the file names you want line-by-line in a *.txt file then then you can just load them in that way as well:

vshanecurtis

Post by vshanecurtis »

I got it figured out but thank you for the additional info. The list in the file was a portion of the original file names that got altered by Filebot. I used a macro to change the file names in the list and then sent that to rename. The online databases have some of the animes in my collection listed as single seasons. I have them arranged as multiple seasons and didn't catch the difference so I had to come up with a way to fix it. Thanks again for the help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching if you have not done so already, since that'll probably save you a lot of time next time auto-detection doesn't just work for one reason or another.
rednoah wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 03:32 If you need to manually match a large number of files and episodes, then you can drop files and episodes manually, and then align them manually:
vshanecurtis

Post by vshanecurtis »

I got the problem taken care of thanks for all of the additional help