Special Episode Problems

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
g3rman
Donor

Special Episode Problems

Post by g3rman »

I'm having an issue with the following files. Notice that the last two episodes c01 and c02 are compilations/special episodes.

/downloads/whose line is it anyway uk season 1 dvd/Whose Line Is It Anyway uk - S01E01.avi
/downloads/whose line is it anyway uk season 1 dvd/Whose Line Is It Anyway uk - S01E02.avi
/downloads/whose line is it anyway uk season 1 dvd/Whose Line Is It Anyway uk - S01E03.avi
/downloads/whose line is it anyway uk season 1 dvd/Whose Line Is It Anyway uk - S01c01.avi
/downloads/whose line is it anyway uk season 1 dvd/Whose Line Is It Anyway uk - S01c02.avi

My expression is

Code: Select all

"filebot.exe" -rename -r -non-strict "F:\Seedbox\Downloads\British TV" --format "F:\British TV\{folder.path.match(/Arts and Culture|Comedy|Documentary|Drama|Game Show|Horror|Kids|Motoring|Music|Mystery|Planes and Trains|Property|Radio|Reality|Sci-Fi|Soaps|Special Events|Talkshow|Travel/)}\{n.replaceAll(':',' -')}\Series {s}\{n.replaceAll(':',' -')} - {S00E00}"
I end up with the following output when matched via TvDB:

/Comedy/Whose Line Is It Anyways/Series 1/Whose Line Is It Anyway - S01E01
/Comedy/Whose Line Is It Anyways/Series 1/Whose Line Is It Anyway - S01E02
/Comedy/Whose Line Is It Anyways/Series 1/Whose Line Is It Anyway - S01E03
/Comedy/Whose Line Is It Anyways? (UK)/Series 1/Whose Line Is It Anyway (UK) - S01E01
/Comedy/Whose Line Is It Anyways? (UK)/Series 1/Whose Line Is It Anyway (UK) - S01E02

The first 3 episodes are incorrectly matched to the US version of the show. The last two episodes which are the special episodes are matched correctly but the numbering is off.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Special Episode Problems

Post by rednoah »

1. That one is bad luck. The UK version doesn't have enough ratings while the US version having much more.

2. Specials are always troublesome. If they're in 1x01 form it has to be Season 0 anyway.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
g3rman
Donor

Post by g3rman »

Thanks. Any suggestions on how I can improve the filter to catch the special episodes?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

For that one you'd have to just exclude all files with the pattern S01c01.

The --filter options won't help for this case it's about filtering out invalid episode data. No filtering out invalid files.

EDIT: added an ignore rule to the amc, it'll auto-update in a day or two
g3rman
Donor

Post by g3rman »

Ok, here's a different approach. Is there a way to always select the UK version from TvDB when multiple matches are returned? I know that all the shows I'm downloading here are British so it should never match the US version.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

For this case I fixed things with r1814.

In general you can do that by passing a --filter expression.