Wrapping text in the format editor

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
callten

Wrapping text in the format editor

Post by callten »

Hi. First of all, thank you for this wonderful program. I have a fairly large tv archive and I wish I'd investigated an automated tool like this long ago (I only searched for it on a whim after renaming yet another series manually).

Anyway, I dived straight in and already I have a pretty lengthy format string. Is there a way to either:

a) make the entry area resizable vertically so the long string wraps and I can see it all at once. Then maybe it could recognise a special character to signify a new line to keep everything neat (like "\" in terminal in Ubuntu)
b) add a horizontal scrollbar if there's some reason it can't be multi-line
c) make the episode format window remember it's width

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid and any of these things are already possible but I can't find them if they are! Thanks again for the great program, it will save me from a very tedious process in the future.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Wrapping text in the format editor

Post by rednoah »

If you have really really really long expressions I recommend just using a random Groovy editor to write the code and then just paste it into filebot.

PS: When pasting code into the editor new lines should be converted to blanks automatically.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
callten

Post by callten »

Thanks, copying the text out is the solution I guess. It quickly becomes difficult to pick through the string inside the FileBot dialog.
CarpeDemon

Post by CarpeDemon »

I joined just to request this feature.

Being able to fiddle with the expression and watch as filebot applies it in real time to an actual file is very useful regardless of how long the expression is. Cut-n-pasting from an editor each time is a real drag. If I were an expert who already knew exactly what I wanted it would not be an impediment. But as a novice, who has to do lots of trial-and-error to figure out what I want, getting that immediate feedback is super helpful. It makes experimenting with the syntax so much more fun.

Please make the field into a multi-line wrapping text box that resizes when the window is resized.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Fixed with r4634.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.