Page 1 of 2
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 27 Nov 2013, 16:48
by u6q41
Hello, hoping someone could help me out slightly
I followed the instructions above and set output to "/volumes/media1"
However when transmission finishes downloading nothing happens.
I have ran the script via terminal to see if that did anything and this message appears
Last login: Wed Nov 27 16:31:35 on ttys001
/Users/user/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Dans-Mac-mini:~ user$ /Users/user/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Locking /Users/user/.filebot/logs/amc.log
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = /
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title =
NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.filebot.media.ReleaseInfo$FolderEntryFilter.accept(ReleaseInfo.java:351)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.media.MediaDetection.isDiskFolder(MediaDetection.java:86)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.media.MediaDetection$isDiskFolder.call(Unknown Source)
at Script2$_run_closure9.doCall(Script2.groovy:18)
at Script2$_run_closure9.doCall(Script2.groovy)
at Script3.resolveInput(Script3.groovy:71)
at Script3$_resolveInput_closure60.doCall(Script3.groovy:72)
at Script3.resolveInput(Script3.groovy:72)
at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:83)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:102)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:95)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(ArgumentProcessor.java:125)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:190)
Failure (°_°)
logout
[Process completed]
Can anyone see where I'm going wrong?
Thanks
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 27 Nov 2013, 17:15
by rednoah
Luckily it crashes!!
You're passing in all of
/ as input ... that's pretty stupid for obvious reasons...
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 27 Nov 2013, 17:20
by u6q41
Ok thanks, so what should I do?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 27 Nov 2013, 17:29
by rednoah
Not passing in your ENTIRE FILESYSTEM for starters...
This part:
Code: Select all
"ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
Should end up like this after variables are resolved:
Code: Select all
"ut_dir=D:\Media\Avatar" "ut_file=" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=Avatar"
This is you:
Code: Select all
"ut_dir=/" "ut_file=" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title="
Why transmission doesn't seem to set these variables you'll have to figure out yourself. Maybe they changed something. Go ask in the transmission forums.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 11 Dec 2013, 17:43
by Syricon
Hi
Im hoping you can help me and this is simple.
I just can't seem to get this script right. Its stock standard other than my folder output.
For some reason all of my TV Shows are going to the Movies folder after Transmission and "force matching" to some weird movie titles. e.g. Modern Family series to Modern Family (1985) (movie)
So the script is running, its just that its forcing movies on all downloads?
here is the script Im using.
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/ENTERTAINMENT" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
and when I run the script this is what I get:
Last login: Tue Dec 10 23:58:52 on ttys000
server:~ Allan$ /Users/Allan/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Locking /Users/Allan/.filebot/logs/amc.log
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = /
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title =
NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.filebot.media.ReleaseInfo$FolderEntryFilter.accept(ReleaseInfo.java:351)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.media.MediaDetection.isDiskFolder(MediaDetection.java:86)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.media.MediaDetection$isDiskFolder.call(Unknown Source)
at Script2$_run_closure9.doCall(Script2.groovy:18)
at Script2$_run_closure9.doCall(Script2.groovy)
at Script3.resolveInput(Script3.groovy:71)
at Script3$_resolveInput_closure60.doCall(Script3.groovy:72)
at Script3.resolveInput(Script3.groovy:72)
at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:83)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:102)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:95)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(ArgumentProcessor.java:125)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:190)
Failure (°_°)
logout
[Process completed]
Thank you in advance
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 11 Dec 2013, 17:59
by rednoah
Exactly the same issue as the above. Somehow the script doesn't get the variables. The issue seems that the environment variables that transmission is supposed to set are not set.
Go to the transmission forums for help with that.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 22 Feb 2014, 00:00
by rajjejosefsson
Hey, I'm new on filebot and here, i have OS X mavericks just moved from Windwos computer so am new on everything.
and i need some help to rename my movies, and then i saw this Automated stuff.
I want my movies that get finish from transmission to get renamed and moved to a folder
I want the movies to look like this: The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Shawshank Redemption (1994) and english sub for the movie
I want the series to look like this: Prison Break, Season 1,2,3,4, Prison break S01e01
what does this mean in the guide
Fully Automated Media Center wrote:
2. Change --output to where you want to copy/organize your files. Input is provided by µTorrent variables.
would appreciate any help before I do something wrong. do not want to sabotage anything.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 24 Feb 2014, 02:02
by nytram
Hi
--output is the directory you want to output to eg
hard disk two would be --output d:\
Movies would then be placed in d:\Movies\The Shawshank Redemption (1994)\The Shawshank Redemption.mp4 etc
TV Shows would be placed in d:\TV Shows\Prison Break\Season 1\Prison Break - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4
a directory would be --output d:\media\
Movies would then be placed in d:\media\Movies\The Shawshank Redemption (1994)\The Shawshank Redemption.mp4 etc
TV Shows would be placed in d:\media\TV Shows\Prison Break\Season 1\Prison Break - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4
Hope that helps
Martyn
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 25 Feb 2014, 00:11
by rajjejosefsson
nytram wrote:Hi
--output is the directory you want to output to eg
hard disk two would be --output d:\
Movies would then be placed in d:\Movies\The Shawshank Redemption (1994)\The Shawshank Redemption.mp4 etc
TV Shows would be placed in d:\TV Shows\Prison Break\Season 1\Prison Break - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4
a directory would be --output d:\media\
Movies would then be placed in d:\media\Movies\The Shawshank Redemption (1994)\The Shawshank Redemption.mp4 etc
TV Shows would be placed in d:\media\TV Shows\Prison Break\Season 1\Prison Break - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4
Hope that helps
Martyn
Why does i get duplicates, the movie or tvshow in two places, one renamed and moves as i want, and one other thats not renamed or moved
and i also want or i really need the poster to change the name same as the movie/tvshow are.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 25 Feb 2014, 23:12
by nytram
Hi
You don't get duplicates there are TWO (2) Examples one using --output d:\ the other using --output d:\media\
I don't understand what this means?
i also want or i really need the poster to change the name same as the movie/tvshow are.
If it means changing the movies/tvshow to their correct names that is exactly what Filebot does.
I would suggest you chose your output path and try one or two files and see what happens
Martyn
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 26 Feb 2014, 05:40
by rajjejosefsson
nytram wrote:Hi
You don't get duplicates there are TWO (2) Examples one using --output d:\ the other using --output d:\media\
I don't understand what this means?
i also want or i really need the poster to change the name same as the movie/tvshow are.
If it means changing the movies/tvshow to their correct names that is exactly what Filebot does.
I would suggest you chose your output path and try one or two files and see what happens
Martyn
why do i get duplicates?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 26 Feb 2014, 06:25
by rednoah
You sure you wanna pass in your entire file system????
Looks like Transmission is not setting environment variables correctly before the bash script is called which relies on them.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 26 Feb 2014, 06:33
by rajjejosefsson
rednoah wrote:You sure you wanna pass in your entire file system????
Looks like Transmission is not setting environment variables correctly before the bash script is called which relies on them.
How should i then setup the script? I typed in users/myname/documents in the script as i typed above.
And what will happend if its the entire filesystem? Because i got my movie and tvshow folder at my Document folder and movies renamed there.
Ans how do i change poster.jpg to moviename.jpg?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 26 Feb 2014, 06:48
by rednoah
1. Consult the Transmission docs for how to call 3rd party programs and how to pass in arguments. Maybe they changed that and the script above doesn't work anymore. You do know what $TR_TORRENT_DIR is supposed to mean right? And that if $TR_TORRENT_DIR is empty something is wrong.
2. You can't unless you modify the scripts.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 26 Feb 2014, 07:07
by rajjejosefsson
rednoah wrote:1. Consult the Transmission docs for how to call 3rd party programs and how to pass in arguments. Maybe they changed that and the script above doesn't work anymore. You do know what $TR_TORRENT_DIR is supposed to mean right? And that if $TR_TORRENT_DIR is empty something is wrong.
2. You can't unless you modify the scripts.
will any bad happen when its wrong? because it works a little bit for now
How do i modify the scripts?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 28 Feb 2014, 17:21
by rajjejosefsson
Can someone at least tell me if anything bad will happen if the script is wrong as it is for now for me? (Because it works abit with renaming and moving the files and downloads the subs)
and is it bad to try by my own in the terminal when im not know what im doing? change those "/{/--
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 28 Feb 2014, 17:30
by rednoah
Probably, you're telling filebot to rename your entire system, everything. Luckily filebot will ignore most of that since system libraries rarely have extensions like .avi or what not. Probably this includes partial downloads, what it definitely includes is all the files that have already been renamed previously, so it'll hit the dbs over and over and hopefully get you banned rather then waste their resources.
Don't use the script until you figure out how to pass in the folder path of the newly finished download.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 28 Feb 2014, 22:37
by rajjejosefsson
https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewto ... 602#p67602
rajjejosefsson wrote:
Looks like Transmission is not setting environment variables correctly before the bash script is called which relies on them. (said by one on the forum on filebot)
Wrong.
A lot of people use scripts with Transmission, and we don't have any problem like that, the variables are set.
rajjejosefsson wrote:
if $TR_TORRENT_DIR is empty something is wrong.
Right.
It probably means that Transmission is not running the script (i.e. check your settings). Your log probably was produced by running the script manually.
A better log can be made by adding this to the top of the script:
CODE: SELECT ALL
#!/bin/bash -x
#
# DEBUG
LOG=/tmp/$$.log
exec > $LOG 2>&1
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 01 Mar 2014, 20:26
by rednoah
rb07 wrote:It looks like you're doing everything wrong.
Sorry you're running into issues, but without some basic console skills on your side and some initiative with testing things to find where the issue is neither me nor rb07 can do much about it.
PS: I've read the thread you've linked above, undoubtedly rb07 knows what he's talking about when it comes to transmission and bash
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 11:05
by rajjejosefsson
rednoah wrote:rb07 wrote:It looks like you're doing everything wrong.
Sorry you're running into issues, but without some basic console skills on your side and some initiative with testing things to find where the issue is neither me nor rb07 can do much about it.
PS: I've read the thread you've linked above, undoubtedly rb07 knows what he's talking about when it comes to transmission and bash
i am testing! I've tried several times. with no result. and typed in the text with plain text manually have tried using in texedit.app and textmate.app : "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
but it still says its wrong. so where is it im doing wrong.
Because I write in every letter as it is and "$/_ and so on that are here
"ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind =multi" "ut_title =$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
Is this possible to get for me/others?
Anything used incorrectly may give bad results. That said, you should tell Filebot's developer that he should handle null strings, in this case, rather than suggesting users are purposely inserting "/" in "ut_dir =$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME".
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 15:17
by rajjejosefsson
did this now... i put this in the script before the script instead of the #!/bin/bash
#!/bin/bash -x
#
# DEBUG
LOG=/tmp/$$.log
exec > $LOG 2>&1
so i have been working since the beginning if I'm right?
Question one
I wonder how i can rename the poster.jpg that the script create, i want it to have same name as the movie.
And the last question.
Why do i get duplicates movies
One of them ends up where i have told it to be downloaded at from transmission (Not renamed) and one ends up where the script moves and rename the files. (everything renamed)
in the script it says copy only can i change that?
and what is xattr that fails?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 15:50
by rednoah
See how ut_dir is passed in correctly now? Looks like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.
1. Rename artwork? Not possible. You can do it yourself or have some script do it afterwards.
2. Look at the logs, it says COPY which means it'll COPY files. There rest is in the docs.
3. Ignore the xattr warnings, it's because you're using the outdated Java 6 runtime
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 16:12
by rajjejosefsson
Can i ask you how to do a script that renames my pictures as the movie/tvshow name?
yea i saw that, So it should be copied? then i wonder if its possible to get the not renamed file to get deleted after download with the script?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 16:17
by rednoah
1. Do some programming courses
2. Set --action move instead of --action copy
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 16:40
by rajjejosefsson
rednoah wrote:1. Do some programming courses
2. Set --action move instead of --action copy
1. thanks, i got it to work but its a text file that come with the movie can i get it removed and also the folder?
2. So its not easy to get just the poster.jpg in the movies folder to get same name? it sounds easy but.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 17:00
by rednoah
1. RTFM
--def clean=y Automatically empty folders and clutter files that may be left behind after moving the video files or temporary extracted files after copying
2. Yes, it's very easy for anyone who knows a bit of programming
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 13:49
by plittlefield
I cannot seem to get Transmission to run my script.
I have downloaded the original amc.groovy file and tweaked it to work with my directories.
If I run it manually substituting the Transmission variables for full paths and filenames etc. it works.
If I run it manually passing the Transmission variables for full paths and filenames etc. it works.
But Transmission does not run it itself.
My settings and files are as follows:-
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
# transmission_filebot.sh
/usr/bin/filebot -script "/home/paully/Bin/amc_paully.groovy" --output "/home/paully/Videos" --log-file "/home/paully/.filebot/logs/amc_paully.log" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
Code: Select all
/etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json
"script-torrent-done-enabled": true,
"script-torrent-done-filename": "/home/paully/Bin/transmission_filebot.sh",
Any ideas?
Thanks
Paully
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 15:33
by rednoah
Could you be missing a simple chmod +x? Or some other type of permission issue that would stop transmission from executing the script?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 17:48
by plittlefield
All good as far as I can see...
Code: Select all
-rwxrwxr-x 1 paully paully 344 Mar 12 14:10 /home/paully/Bin/transmission_filebot.sh*
...and besides it works when I feed it variables...
Code: Select all
$ TR_TORRENT_DIR="/home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv" TR_TORRENT_NAME="Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE" ~/Bin/transmission_filebot.sh
...and the log file shows...
Code: Select all
Parameter: ut_dir = /home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE
Read archive [marvels.agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-remarkable.rar] and extract to [/home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/marvels.agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-remarkable/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE]
Extracting files [/home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/marvels.agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-remarkable/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE.mkv]
Input: /home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/marvels.agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-remarkable/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE.mkv
Group: [tvs:Marvels Agents of S H I E L D] => [Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Marvels Agents of S H I E L D]
Fetching episode data for [Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.]
[COPY] Rename [/home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/marvels.agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d.s01e15.720p.hdtv.x264-remarkable/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE.mkv] to [/home/paully/Videos/TV/Marvel's_Agents_of_S_H_I_E_L_D/Marvel's_Agents_of_S_H_I_E_L_D_S01E15.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
...it just won't do it on its own.
Paully
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 18:15
by rednoah
Then I guess the next step is figure out why transmission is not calling the script, or any scripts for that matter. Try posting in their forums as well.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 08:24
by plittlefield
I will, good idea... however...
I used to have a simple script to output exactly those same variables to a text log file.
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
# torrent_done.sh
{
LOG_FILE=/tmp/torrent_done.log
echo "${TR_TORRENT_ID}/${TR_TORRENT_DIR}/${TR_TORRENT_NAME}" >>$LOG_FILE
} &
That's been working perfectly for the last year!
Could it be to do with Java versions?
The saga continues...
:-\
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 09:13
by plittlefield
I have put back the original script to test it tonight.
Code: Select all
/etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json
"script-torrent-done-enabled": true,
"script-torrent-done-filename": "/home/paully/Bin/torrent_done.sh",
PS: I have tried 3 times to register on the Transmission forum, it's not easy!
Paully
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 10:28
by rednoah
Well, if the script is called then why don't you add lots of logging and output redirects so you can figure out what it says and where exactly it fails?
If the script is run correctly then it can't not work.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 11:54
by plittlefield
I am going to test it tonight using my old simple logging script (which uses exactly the same TR_ variables!), then try the filebot version again tomorrow.
I have posted on the Transmission forum for any thoughts.
I DO love a challenge...
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 14 Mar 2014, 16:24
by plittlefield
Well, needless to say my old script was run by Transmission as expected and gave me my log file...
Code: Select all
/tmp/torrent_done.log
1//home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07E18.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
2//home/paully/Downloads/transmission/tv/The.Crazy.Ones.S01E18.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS
...so, it's not Transmission!
Any other ideas?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 14 Mar 2014, 16:49
by plittlefield
Aaaaah, I think I may have found something in the debug logs...!
Code: Select all
/home/paully/.filebot/logs/amc_paully.log (Permission denied)
Ofcourse, the script is being run by the transmission-daemon user and group...!
So, if I change the
group ownership of my ~/.filebot folder to the same group as Transmission, and make it
writeable then the error should go and the Filebot script should run...
Code: Select all
chgrp -R debian-transmission ~/.filebot
chmod -R g+w ~/.filebot
...fingers crossed tonight.
Paully
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 14 Mar 2014, 17:40
by rednoah
Yes, naturally filebot will not full access to it's application data folder, the log is the first thing that fails, but more importantly it'll need it a place to cache some data.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 14 Mar 2014, 19:01
by plittlefield
OK, fixed it completely and it's so annoyingly simple.
Change the user transmission-daemon runs as, then fix folder ownership.
Code: Select all
$ sudo /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop
$ sudo nano /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon
USER=paully
$ sudo chown paully /etc/transmission-daemon/*
$ sudo chown -R paully /var/lib/transmission-daemon/
$ sudo /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
Transmission then downloads all torrents as my username and so Filebot uses those variables and copies files into folders already owned by me.
Growl, sigh, and general comments like "yeah, why isn't that in the documentation?!?... mumble, moan."
Paully
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 14 Mar 2014, 19:45
by rednoah
You're welcome to write an extra thread on this issue, or an improved / alternate tutorial for setting things up correctly.

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 15 Mar 2014, 13:06
by plittlefield
OK, I'll put it on my list of things to do
I will donate now too.
Thanks.
Paully
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Jun 2014, 18:01
by ErsinB
I'm having some trouble since the update. My AMC doesn't work anymore. I just read every single topic about this, but couldn't fix it. I'll be delighted if someone could help me with this.
I'm just using the simple script:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/ErsinB/Downloads" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=n subtitles=en,nl --def [email protected] "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
But this didn't execute the automatic renaming proces after a download. If I execute this file terminal gives me this:
Last login: Mon Jun 16 19:04:42 on ttys000
imac-van-ersinb:~ ErsinB$ /Users/ErsinB/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
/Users/ErsinB/Desktop/transmission-postprocess: line 2: /Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot: No such file or directory
logout
[Proces voltooid]
So I looked in the /Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot folder, and only saw filebot.sh. So i changed the script into this:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc --output "/Users/ErsinB/Downloads" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=n subtitles=en,nl --def [email protected] "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
This still didn't rename any downloaded file. When I execute this terminal tells me:
Last login: Mon Jun 16 19:43:13 on ttys000
/Users/ErsinB/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
imac-van-ersinb:~ ErsinB$ /Users/ErsinB/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/filebot/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
logout
[Proces voltooid]
I already installed Oracle Java SE Runtime Environment 8, that didn't solve anything. I tried to delete/reinstall the latest FileBot, but that didn't fix it neither. So I'm out of ideas.
Could someone help me with this? What am I doing wrong?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Jun 2014, 18:26
by rednoah
You're still running Java 6. Use google to figure out how to make it use Java 8 instead.
Java 6 runtime telling you that it can't run Java 7 code:
Code: Select all
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/filebot/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Jun 2014, 18:46
by ErsinB
Ok, I think I fixed that. Terminal gives me this when I ask for the current version:
Last login: Mon Jun 16 20:41:06 on ttys000
imac-van-ersinb:~ ErsinB$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_05"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_05-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.5-b02, mixed mode)
imac-van-ersinb:~ ErsinB$
But when I execute the transmission-postprocess, it gives me this now:
Last login: Mon Jun 16 20:44:30 on ttys000
imac-van-ersinb:~ ErsinB$ /Users/ErsinB/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Locking /Users/ErsinB/.filebot/logs/amc.log
Parameter: artwork = n
Parameter: subtitles = en,nl
Parameter: mailto = *****
Parameter: ut_dir = /
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = null
NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.filebot.media.ReleaseInfo$FolderEntryFilter.accept(ReleaseInfo.java:421)
at net.filebot.media.MediaDetection.isDiskFolder(MediaDetection.java:92)
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShellMethods.isDisk(ScriptShellMethods.java:89)
at Script1.resolveInput(Script1.groovy:141)
at Script1$_resolveInput_closure80.doCall(Script1.groovy:142)
at Script1.resolveInput(Script1.groovy:142)
at Script1$_run_closure46.doCall(Script1.groovy:165)
at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:165)
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:60)
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:81)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(ArgumentProcessor.java:108)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:192)
Failure (°_°)
logout
[Proces voltooid]
So what's wrong now

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Jun 2014, 19:06
by rednoah
The environment variables that transmission should be passing in are not passed in.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Jun 2014, 19:21
by ErsinB
Which means?
I justed tested it with a download, it did proces everything. Renaming, downloading subs and creating a folder. Everything just worked. I don't know why and how, but it did

.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 17 Jul 2014, 16:37
by Meph88
Hi guys,
I am having major issues here.
I just got a mac mini and am fairly new to the mac OS environment.
I have the filebot postprocess running on a Windows 8.1 PC perfectly but want to move these processes to the new mac mini.
I've tried a few variations to get this working and I have followed the instructions here exactly but it appears that transmission is not running the script I'm telling it to.
The script I have set up and am attempting to use is as follows:
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc --output "/Users/KevsMacMini/Documents/Sorted” --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y plex=
http://plexserver/web/index.html pushover=xxxxxxxxxx "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
Obviously I changed the plex and pushover specifics but I can not for the life of me get this to do anything. The torrent files download and then........ nothing else happens.
Please help me. I have tried for hours, I believe I am close but just can't get this running.
To add from the above, I have tried running in terminal this:
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc "/Users/KevsMacMini/Documents/TestDLlocation" --output "/Users/KevsMacMini/Documents/Sorted" --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y artwork=y --def excludeList=excludelog.txt
This script works fine and I'm able to use it to organise files but the automated postprocess I can not get working.
Any help is appreciated.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 04 Aug 2014, 19:56
by DrKnate
Try to just install the Java 8 JDK, it will change all the variables needed during the install.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33151.html
After Installing:
Code: Select all
$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_11"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_11-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.11-b03, mixed mode)
Seems to work now.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 11 Oct 2014, 18:30
by iMe
Hi guys,
There is a way to run a program feature in uTorrent for Mac but you'll have to use it via remote.utorrent.com after you set the login settings in uTorrent preferences
So, can anyone make a tutorial about Mac+uTorrent?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 31 Oct 2014, 12:16
by donok
Hi,
I tried to set up filebot with transmission on Mac OS X 10.10 and can't make it work. I installed filebot with Homebrew cask as detailed here
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2049
I created a script as suggested
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/Media" --log-file amc.log --action copy -non-strict "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
The script works perfectly when called from Terminal, but doesn't run when called from Transmission.
It tried to add log monitoring to the script to make sure it is called by Transmission, and that works perfectly. The script is called, but the filebot action is not performed and the argument are correctly passed
I also tried with a fixed input folder
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/Media" --log-file amc.log --action copy -non-strict "/Users/Myself/Downloads"
Again, works fine when called from Terminal, no action when called from Transmission.
Any other idea why filebot is not cooperative when called from Transmission script ??
Thanks
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 31 Oct 2014, 15:11
by rednoah
So it works if you run it yourself but not from transmission? And you made sure the script is called by redirecting output? Try redirecting filebot output (including error output!!!) to a file and see what it says.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 03 Nov 2014, 15:38
by donok
rednoah wrote:So it works if you run it yourself but not from transmission?
Exactly!
rednoah wrote:And you made sure the script is called by redirecting output? Try redirecting filebot output (including error output!!!) to a file and see what it says.
Thanks rednoah ! It was actually quite stupid. When launched form Transmission, the script could not find filebot. I just at to specify the exact location, in my case
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 03 Nov 2014, 16:24
by iMe
iMe wrote:Hi guys,
There is a way to run a program feature in uTorrent for Mac but you'll have to use it via remote.utorrent.com after you set the login settings in uTorrent preferences
So, can anyone make a tutorial about Mac+uTorrent?
Anyone?

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 03 Nov 2014, 21:02
by thanatosa666
I tried using the code but this happened. What do I do?

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 07:02
by rednoah
Why are you passing in your entire filesystem / to filebot for processing?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 11:31
by cams
You'll get that response if you run the transmission-postprocess manually.
If you want to test your code, replace the input path from this
Code: Select all
"ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
to the input path of the media you want to process (e.g. /Volumes/PC/Downloads)
Sorry if that it is nonsense, I am learning too.
thanatosa666 wrote:I tried using the code but this happened. What do I do?
ATTACHMENTS
Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.58.49 PM.png (19.19 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 01:19
by redzep
Sorry to piggy back on this. I might have the same issue: if I wan to run AMC on existing folders of media, I would specify the input path /Volumes/Media/Movies in place of all three ut parameters? in quotes? "/Volumes/Media/Movies" ?
And if I wanted it to rename right then and there, i would just leave out the copy parameter? OR should I leave it and change it to 'move' to give it a separate target directory.
many thanks for any advice!
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 08:48
by rednoah
Running from cmdline is documented in the manual:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
If you don't set
--def excludeList you will get banned. See docs for details.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 12:56
by iMe
iMe wrote:iMe wrote:Hi guys,
There is a way to run a program feature in uTorrent for Mac but you'll have to use it via remote.utorrent.com after you set the login settings in uTorrent preferences
So, can anyone make a tutorial about Mac+uTorrent?
Anyone?


Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 13:01
by rednoah
Looks like it's gonna be pretty much exactly the same as on Windows. So what's the problem? What have you tried? What's not working?

Since there is no tutorial yet, you might as well try figure it out and then write one!
PS: THE WRONG THREAD
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 15:08
by redzep
I swore I was not going to be another A**hole who didn't read the manual/faq, search other posts etc. before posting. I have studied that page multiple times, and still I missed the --input flag.
I apologize, and thanks for all your hard work. Donation just made.
rednoah wrote:Running from cmdline is documented in the manual:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
If you don't set
--def excludeList you will get banned. See docs for details.
EDIT: perhaps include the --input --output parameters in the master list?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 17:09
by rednoah
There is no --input parameter, and --output is on every single example.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 18:39
by redzep
do i have to give you $5 ever time I'm wrong?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Nov 2014, 18:43
by rednoah
Yes, it's the law. Not enforced though.

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 17 Nov 2014, 03:06
by redzep
rednoah wrote:Yes, it's the law. Not enforced though.

I think I will self-enforce anyway. The more I realize how insanely genius your software is.
OK so I'm almost there, if I can prevail upon your help, I will gladly donate more. Here's what I'm running (this is my existing libraries)
filebot -script fn:amc --output /Volumes/Smedens/TV --log-file amc.log --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def deleteAfterExtract=y artwork=y subtitles=en clean=y backdrops=y --def myepisodes=****:****** "movieFormat=/Volumes/Smedens/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}) [{certification}]" plex=CountryManse clean=y /Volumes/Smedens/Smedens\ TV --def excludeList=amcsmedens-input.txt
1) clean=y still leaves behind empty folders. Not the biggest deal, but wondering if I'm doing something wrong or clean is just missing them
2) I have been dutifully using def excludeList to not get banned (though I'm not sure from whom or where). However, as I'm fine tuning my setup I am having to run things a few times. When I've got it right, how do i erase the exclusion list to start fresh and process all my files once and for all, without receiving many beatings and lashings?
3) I signed up for myepisodes, and the script appear to have run that paremeter correctly (used hash for my pw) but when I log in I don't see any record of my episodes. Is that not how its supposed to work?
VIELEN DANK FÜR ALLES!
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 17 Nov 2014, 06:49
by rednoah
1.
It shouldn't. Most likely some left over files (that are not on the blacklist) prevent things from being deleted.
@see
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... &t=5#p1341
2.
You can use --action test for testing. FileBot is heavily caching data, so you can use it without exclude list safely for 24h hours, especially if you're only running it on a few files. Only if you repeatedly processes the same data, and repeatedly (every day for multiple days in a row) fetch the same data, you will get banned, by the various databases.
3.
MyEpisodes is not well supported, and support may be removed if the scraper breaks again. As far as I know it works, but if it broke, then it's broken for good and "wont fix".
@see
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 2629#p2629
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 12:36
by stooovie
How to use this script with Mac App Store version of FileBot (there doesn't seem to be any other verison for Mac anymore)?
There's no /Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot file in the MAS version, so I modified it to /Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/FileBotAppLauncher, but it still doesn't work (it just opens the FileBot UI). There's also no AMC log in myhome/.filebot.
what to do? Thanks!
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 13:15
by rednoah
cmdline tools are not allowed in the Mac App Store. You can use brew cask for installing the filebot cmdline tool instead.
@see
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2061
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 14:15
by stooovie
Thanks, done that. Now, I presume I need to modify the transmission-postprocess script somehow. Can you tell me how?
Thanks!
EDIT: nevermind, I pointed it to /opt/whatever/filebot.sh and the script now seems to work
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 14:26
by rednoah
I don't know when
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/filebot.sh got a thing, but that's a pretty stupid way to call a cmdline tool. It's just
filebot in all the examples because it literally is just
filebot. You call filebot by calling
filebot. Like exactly any single one of my examples, and it works the same on all platforms. That's how cmdline tools work.

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 29 Nov 2014, 22:39
by peanutismint
Hey all, I feel like I'm getting closer to having this script run from Transmission on a Mac but I'm still not quite there.
EDIT: SOMEHOW NOW WORKING. REJOICE. But will leave this here for posterity and add a footnote with the now-working code...
Basically, I can run Filebot via CLI and it finds episodes/renames/works brilliantly. However, if I create a bash script as detailed in this thread and set Transmission to run it upon completed download, I either get:
Code: Select all
Failure (°_°)
Conflicting arguments: pass in either file arguments or ut_dir/ut_file parameters but not both
(I have NO idea what this means because that's how we're told to do it in the guide...!!)
OR
Code: Select all
Exclude: /Users/peanutismint/Downloads/whateverfile.mp4
No files selected for processing
Failure (°_°)
(which I think happens when I tried to remove the '"ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME"' etc that I believed caused the first error....
My script is pretty much as described in this thread and looks like this:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc \
--output "/Users/peanutismint/Downloads" \
--log-file "/Users/peanutismint/Documents/Scripts/amc.log" \
--action copy \
--conflict override -non-strict \
--def artwork=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
(I do VERY little coding so I hope I'm using those escapes correctly....!!)
I've updated latest versions of Java/Filebot via CLI as described on that guide page. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
EDIT: THE WORKING CODE!
I don't think I changed much - it just randomly started working... Perhaps I was experiencing a server-side error? Anyway, code pretty much the same but I edited slightly so that Filebot just renames my files in place without downloading artwork or creating extra folders etc...
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc \
--output "/Users/Peanut/Downloads" \
--log-file "/Users/Peanut/Documents/Scripts/amc.log" \
--action rename \
--conflict override -non-strict \
--def artwork=n "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi"
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 29 Nov 2014, 23:32
by peanutismint
p.s.
rednoah wrote:I don't know when
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/filebot.sh got a thing, but that's a pretty stupid way to call a cmdline tool. It's just
filebot in all the examples because it literally is just
filebot. You call filebot by calling
filebot. Like exactly any single one of my examples, and it works the same on all platforms. That's how cmdline tools work.

It 'got [to be] a thing' because 'just Filebot' doesn't work under OS X

Although you'll probably say it DOES work, we're just not doing it right because we're all obviously dumb....!!

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 01 Dec 2014, 20:44
by peanutismint
Got it working - see addition to previous post. Sorry if I seemed a little keen...! Tried to 'fix' this for about an hour but turns out it was right...I think...... server issues??
Anyway - awesome script!
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 02 Dec 2014, 03:17
by rednoah
Using --action rename is a really really bad idea. Use copy/duplicate like everyone else, and don't mess with seeding.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 04 Dec 2014, 20:06
by redzep
Been a while since I could get back to this. Thanks again for all your help. Re: the below
1. i will use hazel to get rid of small leftover folders/files
2. --action test is hugely helpful.
3. MyEpisodes unimportant, just more complications!
so i'm almost there: I've found that for the types of files I have, often obscure and badly named, amc misidentifies tv vs movie too often, so I've set hazel rules to do that initial triage. Then I have two amc scripts run on those two folders, one that forces --def ut label tv, the other forces movie. This works much better, getting very close.
The last bit that seems to be the cause of mismatches is the "Group" command which I can't figure out how it works or how to disable it. But it recently did this:
Group: [tvs:american horror story] => [American.Horror.Story.S04E07.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.eng.srt, American.Horror.Story.S04E07.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4, ESPN The Marinovich Project.mp4, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Behind The Music VH1 2002.mpg]
any idea how to rectify that? Now that I am forcing TV and movies, is Group still important?
More donation coming your way.
rednoah wrote:1.
It shouldn't. Most likely some left over files (that are not on the blacklist) prevent things from being deleted.
@see
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... &t=5#p1341
2.
You can use --action test for testing. FileBot is heavily caching data, so you can use it without exclude list safely for 24h hours, especially if you're only running it on a few files. Only if you repeatedly processes the same data, and repeatedly (every day for multiple days in a row) fetch the same data, you will get banned, by the various databases.
3.
MyEpisodes is not well supported, and support may be removed if the scraper breaks again. As far as I know it works, but if it broke, then it's broken for good and "wont fix".
@see
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 2629#p2629
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 05 Dec 2014, 04:06
by rednoah
There is no "Group" command. It's part of the logic that's trying to make sense of files, and the output is simply debugging output. In your case it'll probably lead to complications if you have badly named files of different types all in the same folder and process it all in the same run.
Remember that amc is supposed to run on completed downloads, where one can assume that the files passed in logically belong together.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 20 Dec 2014, 23:50
by Heather
I have been working on getting this script to work for me for at least 2 days now, and just when I thought I had it, I'm still getting nowhere
I'm running OSX Yosemite, 64-bit Java 8, and the latest stable release of FileBot GUI installed with brew. I'm very much a beginner and all of my experience using coding and terminal has previously been just copying and pasting things that worked (ex. installing Homebrew and then FileBot using brew).
My script (which I built following the directions shown in this thread and in
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... =215#p3380 is this:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc \
--output “/Volumes/Data-1” \
--log-file "/Users/hpadaetz/Documents/Scripts/amc.log" \
--action copy \
--conflict override -non-strict \
--def artwork=y cleaner=y “ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
I have verified that Transmission is calling the script upon download completion, but that FileBot is saying that no file is selected for processing.
Code: Select all
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: cleaner = y
Parameter: ut_dir = /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/John Legend - All of Me.mp3
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = John Legend - All of Me.mp3
Exclude: /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/John Legend - All of Me.mp3
No files selected for processing
Failure (°_°)
I tried running a modified version of the code, changing the input to an exisiting file, from the command line and I get a similar, if not identical, result.
Code: Select all
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: cleaner = y
Argument: /Users/hpadaetz/“Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/At.Midnight.2014.12.18.EXTENDED.UNCENSORED.WEBRip.x264.AAC.mp4“
File not found: /Users/hpadaetz/“Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/At.Midnight.2014.12.18.EXTENDED.UNCENSORED.WEBRip.x264.AAC.mp4“
Failure (°_°)
I have used the actual FileBot application to rename files (actually, the one shown above that failed the code) and had no problems. I ran fn:sysinfo and this is what I get:
Code: Select all
Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hpadaetz$ /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.5.3 (r2729)
JNA Native: 4.0.0
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
chromaprint-tools: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.3.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_25
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 188 MB Used Memory
OS: Mac OS X (x86_64)
uname: Darwin Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hpadaetz$
Not sure where the problem is, as I can't really see anything wrong compared to the working scripts others have submitted, but, as I said, I am definitely a newbie. I apologize for the length, but I wanted to make sure I provided all the necessary information. Thanks in advance

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 21 Dec 2014, 06:47
by rednoah
1.
FileBot should be called using the "filebot" command.
2.
The amc script does not process audio files by default. You must explicitly activate that feature. See manual.
3.
““ are surely not valid file path characters, and it's surely not the same as "".
Learn some basic console skills:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1899
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 21 Dec 2014, 22:21
by Heather
Thank you for your reply, though the information isn't really helping.
1. I know I'm not the first to point this out, but calling filebot as just filebot does not work in OS X.
peanutismint wrote:p.s.
rednoah wrote:I don't know when
/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/filebot.sh got a thing, but that's a pretty stupid way to call a cmdline tool. It's just
filebot in all the examples because it literally is just
filebot. You call filebot by calling
filebot. Like exactly any single one of my examples, and it works the same on all platforms. That's how cmdline tools work.

It 'got [to be] a thing' because 'just Filebot' doesn't work under OS X

Although you'll probably say it DOES work, we're just not doing it right because we're all obviously dumb....!!

Calling it as you suggest results in this:
Code: Select all
Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hpadaetz$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo
-bash: filebot: command not found
Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hpadaetz$
2. Please link the manual that you are referencing, as I can't find any information that states that the script does not process audio. The amc manual here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p1561 doesn't note this and actually lists music as an existing function in #4 of the description. I can't find anything in this manual
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7 either. Also, this doesn't explain the difficulties in the other example provided that used a video file.
EDIT: I found the option for music under options in the manual. It might be a good idea to note this separately or earlier on, as I'm sure it's a popular option and kind of buried there with everything else. The way it's written now, the guide makes it seem like it does music without telling it specifically to and that the options are just for processing and naming preferences.
3. Thank you for pointing out the issues withe quotes, something happened to the font between various cutting and pastings. After rewriting the script from scratch (and without copy/pasting to avoid font changes) with this change, transmission now isn't calling the script at all
Overnight, after an automatic download of a file, the original script was activated with a slightly different outcome than before, though still not working.
Code: Select all
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: cleaner = y
Parameter: ut_dir = /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]
Input: /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV.mkv
Exclude: /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]/BookmarkAndRead.txt
Exclude: /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]/Sample/sample-saturday.night.live.s40e10.amy.adams-one.direction.720p.hdtv.x264-batv_s.jpg
Exclude: /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]/saturday.night.live.s40e10.amy.adams-one.direction.720p.hdtv.x264-batv.nfo
Group: [tvs:saturday night live] => [Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Saturday Night Live]
Fetching episode data for [Saturday Night Live]
Fetching episode data for [Saturday Night Live (JP)]
Fetching episode data for [Saturday Night Live (Korea)]
[COPY] Rename [/Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV.mkv] to [/“/Volumes/Data-1”/TV Shows/Saturday Night Live/Season 40/Saturday Night Live - S40E10 - Amy Adams One Direction.mkv]
[COPY] Failed to rename [/Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV[brassetv]/Saturday.Night.Live.S40E10.Amy.Adams-One.Direction.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV.mkv]
IOException: Failed to create folder: /“/Volumes/Data-1”/TV Shows/Saturday Night Live/Season 40
Finished without processing any files
Failure (°_°)
I see that it failed at creating the new folder. Is that because of the issue with the italicized quote, or does that part of the code need to be changed from "/Volumes... to just Volumes... since it seems the script is adding in a / before it anyway. /Volumes/Data-1 is an Apple Time Capsule that is always connected and is also used as the network router. As it is 2TB, barely half full, and the internet was working, it wasn't the disk that failed.
EDIT:
Transmission wasn't calling the new script because I forgot to capitalize the B in FileBot when calling the command when I rewrote the script
I fixed that and now it calls the new script:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc \
--output "/Volumes/Data-1" \
--log-file "/Users/hpadaetz/Documents/Scripts/amc.log" \
--action move \
--conflict override -non-strict \
--def artwork=y music=y cleaner=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
But it still wouldn't work. I altered the output to a directory on my hard drive instead of an external one, and that worked, so the issue isn't with the script itself, but with FileBot creating the new folder on the external drive. I tried creating an alias for the external drive in my user folder and sending the file to that instead, but that results in the same error.
Code: Select all
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: cleaner = y
Parameter: ut_dir = /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Family.Guy.S13E01.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = Family.Guy.S13E01.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4
Input: /Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Family.Guy.S13E01.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4
Group: [tvs:family guy] => [Family.Guy.S13E01.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Family Guy]
Fetching episode data for [Family Guy]
Fetching episode data for [Family Guns]
[MOVE] Rename [/Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Family.Guy.S13E01.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4] to [/Users/hpadaetz/Data/TV Shows/Family Guy/Season 13/Family Guy - S13E01 - The Simpsons Guy.mp4]
[MOVE] Failed to rename [/Users/hpadaetz/Downloads/Family.Guy.S13E01.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4]
IOException: Failed to create folder: /Users/hpadaetz/Data/TV Shows/Family Guy/Season 13
Finished without processing any files
Failure (°_°)
.
I need the files to be moved to my external drive, because that's where all the files for my media server are, and to avoid taking up too much space on my hard drive. How do I fix this issue? I tried creating a workflow in automator to move files from my hard drive after the script puts them there, but I can't seem to figure out how to have it watch the folder and move them as they are added. Is there another program or script for this? Or a way to make FileBot write to the external drive?
[/color]
Thanks again for your help.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 22 Dec 2014, 08:18
by rednoah
1.
You did not install filebot using brew. If you "install" it manually you need to create the necessary symlinks.
2.
Music mode has been deactivated by default by popular request, also it doesn't really work that well, depending on what you're throwing at it.
3.
Google is a good place to start when dealing with permission issues.

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 22 Dec 2014, 12:04
by Heather
1. I'm not sure how you determined that I didn't install using brew, as I'm pretty sure I did, as I said in the original post.
Code: Select all
Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hpadaetz$ brew update && brew cask install filebot
Checking out files: 100% (1547/1547), done.
Updated Homebrew from a73ec7bd to 70589599.
==> New Formulae
abi-compliance-checker carthage game-music-emu
asciinema distribution gauge
==> Updated Formulae
abcm2ps gnutls nginx
apache-spark golo node
arangodb gpg-agent nrpe
autojump graphicsmagick open-mpi
bfg gwyddion open-scene-graph
boot2docker haproxy openexr
bup id3lib openssl
capnp inkscape optipng
cardpeek jansson orientdb
clhep jemalloc osquery
clib jigdo pandoc
couchdb-lucene ksh passenger
cyassl l-smash pidgin
dirmngr libbpg plantuml
disktype libcouchbase postgresql
dnsmasq libgit2 pulse
docker libimobiledevice pure
dub libmagic pypy
ejabberd libmemcached pypy3
elasticsearch libowfat python
emscripten librsvg re2
entr libspatialite redis
epubcheck llvm saltstack
f3 log4c sdl
fakeroot luajit shadowsocks-libev
fastbit mat skinny
fossil maven sslmate
freeswitch memcached storm
geographiclib mercurial sync_gateway
geoipupdate mitmproxy syncthing
git mkvdts2ac3 tcpreplay
git-tf mozjpeg upnp-router-control
glm mpd vcprompt
global nagios-plugins wget
gmtl ncp x3270
gnuplot netpbm youtube-dl
Warning: A Cask for filebot is already installed. Add the "--force" option to force re-install.
Heathers-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hpadaetz$
2. It probably would be a good idea to note somewhere that music mode is deactivated, instead of listing it in the features, then.
3. Considering I know that I as a user have read & write permissions to this disk and have no problem with renaming items that are on this disk using the filebot app, I'm not sure how this is a permissions issue.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 22 Dec 2014, 12:30
by rednoah
1.
The brew install should create a symlink "/usr/local/bin/filebot" to somewhere in brew managed folders which is most certainly NOT in /Applications
e.g.
Code: Select all
$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.5.3 (r2729)
JNA Native: 4.0.0
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
chromaprint-tools: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (/opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.3/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.3.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_25
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 171 MB Used Memory
OS: Mac OS X (x86_64)
2.
It's still a feature that many many people have figured out how to use.

Plus main command-line template has --def music=y set by default. So you could have easily picked it up from there, or the options reference. I've added it to all the other command-line templates as well now though.
3.
Transmission may run as a different user, thus filebot runs as a different users, thus filebot does not have the same permissions you have. If Transmission is running sandboxed permissions will be more restrictive all together. FileBot can't create folders, that's how it is a permission issue.
Have you tried the
Ignore ownership on this volume setting?
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10670
Permission issues are tricky and never make sense. Google is you friend.

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 22 Dec 2014, 14:08
by Heather
I have it working now

I had to change the output to a different partition of the external drive. Dragging and dropping the drive into the nano process created /Volumes/Data-1, but it should have been /Volumes/Data
Thanks for your help

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 30 Dec 2014, 04:13
by shamwich
Hi Heather, I had this issue too! You can fix the Disk Naming issue by checking your /Volumes directory (CMD+SHIFT+G then put in '/Volumes') for any folders with the same disk name. Delete that folder and eject/re-mount your disk and the name/path should be back to normal. (You will need to modify your AMC script again to remove the '-1' on your path.
Hope this helps!
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 Mar 2015, 18:32
by peanutismint
I'm now getting a new error (on a new install of Yosemite) - Every time the script is called and it tries to run FileBot, I get the standard annoying Java popup that says 'To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment.', even though it IS installed and I can launch FileBot fine via clicking the icon....
Any ideas??
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 19 Apr 2015, 19:21
by lukecro
Like others here, I found that after installing the paid Mac App Store version of Filebot, the automation between Filebot and Transmission stopped working (I'm on Yosemite). My original workaround was to put back the older (non-app-store) version of Filebot. I went with that for a while, but today decided to give the app store version another shot -- once again it broke the transmission post-processing. Trying out some of the various suggestions in this thread and some of the other threads, here's what finally worked for me:
1) I left the newest Mac App Store version of Filebot in place in Applications -- even though it doesn't work with the transmission post-processing script due to the lack of the filebot.sh file commands. Still, at least this way I can have easy access to the app from Applications for the GUI, and the Mac App Store will keep the app conveniently up to date.
2) I followed all of the steps on this forum for installing the Homebrew version of Filebot. Thanks for the great directions -- normally I'm a bit scared of using Terminal, but this turned out to be pretty easy thanks to the clear and simple directions. (RE:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2049)
3) After this, the transmission post-processing still wasn't working, so I modified the #!/bin/bash filebot -script ... line to:
#!/bin/bash /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script ...
And that worked!
The problem I'm anticipating, though, is that every time Filebot is updated from now on, I'm going to have to remember to update the path in the post-processing file. e.g., When Filebot is updated beyond version 4.5.6, presumably the path in Homebrew will change to /4.5.7/filebot.sh and will thus break the current transmission post-processing call?
Anyway, at last it's working again for the time-being!
(Also, what I haven't tried, but I'm wondering if it might work: Could we just manually drop a copy of the filebot.sh file into the Mac App Store version of Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS where it used to be ? That might be a lot easier, if it worked, compared to sending everyone off to Homebrew, which has additional dependencies.)
Sonarr + Transmission + Filebot + Plex = Greatest Media System Ever. Thanks all

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 19 Apr 2015, 19:34
by peanutismint
This is interesting... After going to Yosemite I'm back to not being able to get this to work and have yet to be bothered enough to try and fix it....!!
I'd assume you would end up changing your script to match your version folder, but this may not be an issue if you never update...Although FileBot may come with a pesky 'a new version is available...' popups.....!!
I'd be interested to know whether copying the 'filebot.sh' file into the paid version app package would work....
It's really annoying that there's not some much easier application for doing this kind of stuff on the fly!!
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 20 Apr 2015, 04:36
by rednoah
1)
brew will link filebot to /usr/local/bin/filebot so this will always be a link to the latest version. And since it's in /usr/local/bin it'll be in the $PATH by default you so can just call filebot.
2)
Apple does not allow CLI programs in the App Store. If you tamper with app bundles installed via the App Store you will break code signing so OSX won't allow you to run the app anymore.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 15 May 2015, 02:10
by lukecro
Regrettably, after a recent computer crash, this has stopped working for me again.
So I tried deleting the script and starting back over with the original instructions all over again. Then I reinstalled Filebot (homebrew) and checked that (it's working great), double checked java (all good), reinstalled Transmission (seems fine), and also tried dropping the absolute path from the script (my previous workaround that made everything work perfectly for a month):
#!/bin/bash /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script
And instead I went back to:
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/path/example/etc" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
Didn't help though.
So then I checked the Transmission logs, and it shows that the script is called upon the completion of every torrent download.
And I tried running the script manually using direct paths. e.g.:
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/path/example/etc" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y "ut_dir=example-folder/example-video-name" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=example-video-name"
And that works great too -- when I fill in the variables manually, Filebot quickly identifies the files, un-packs RARs, copies the files to the new folder, names it appropriately, downloads the art, etc., etc.....
So, it seems like something is going wrong in-between Transmission and Filebot -- maybe Transmission isn't sending the correct variables? Permission problems? I've spent a couple of long days trying to figure it out, repeated tips from other forums, etc., but I'm stumped. It's the same version numbers of Transmission and Filebot as I was using before when it was all working. OS X Yosemite, just like before. The apps seemingly work fine on their own. But when it comes time for them to work together via this previously brilliant script -- sadly nothing happens anymore.
Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 15 May 2015, 04:25
by rednoah
1)
Make absolutely sure your transmission-postprocess script is in fact called (by adding lots of echo and IO redirection).
2)
What's the output say? You ALWAYS want the output, especially the error output that your shell is giving you if it can't execute filebot or java.
--> google IO redirection
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 May 2015, 03:34
by lukecro
Okay, I added > out.txt 2> err.txt to the end of the script and then downloaded some TV shows via Transmission; didn't get anything interesting from that. And .filebot/logs/amc.log doesn't record anything in these instances (only when I manually run the script). But then I tried adding the following to the top of the script:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash -x
#
# DEBUG
LOG=/tmp/$$.log
exec > $LOG 2>&1
Here's what I've got:
1) I've confirmed that the transmission-postprocess script is in fact called -- the logs show that the variables for ut_dir and ut_title are getting filled in with the correct directory path and file name, respectively, for each download.
2) out.txt always = Permission denied
So - I guess my permissions are messed up. But I've been looking into it for the past 24 hours straight and can't figure it out. My skills are weak. Any tips? OS X Yosemite. I went into recovery and ran permission repairs and permission and ACL reset, etc. Checked activity monitor to make sure both Transmission and Filebot run under my user name that's also used for the permissions on the output folder. Reinstalled Homebrew, Transmission, Java, and Filebot all over again. Confirmed java version. Etc.... I even created an entirely new admin user on the computer, and recreated the script within the new account, step by step -- same problem. Is Transmission getting blocked from passing the data on to Filebot? I know I'm missing a step but I can't figure it out.
I did notice though that after the Filebot reinstall, the first time I tried to use the app from the GUI again, Apple popped up a Sandbox warning, denying Filebot from changing a video's filename. I dropped my entire user directory onto the Sandbox prompt to grant permission to all folders, and after that Filebot has run great via the GUI again. And if I manually run the script from Terminal with absolute paths to files, everything processes fine -- Filebot can rename, copy, create. But whenever Transmission calls the script... out.txt: Permission denied.
thank you greatly for any ideas you have.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 May 2015, 04:25
by rednoah
1)
The App Store version of FileBot and the brew cask version of FileBot are completely separate and only the brew cask version includes the command-line tools.
2)
So have confirmed that your script is called by redirecting output to a known location. So you're saying /tmp is writable and that you get output?
So if you do this:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:sysenv > /tmp/out.txt 2>&1
What is the output of
cat /tmp/out.txt then?
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 May 2015, 16:08
by lukecro
Here's the result:
Code: Select all
# Environment Variables #
Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render: /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.ad4AY4XOBZ/Render
_: /usr/local/bin/java
JAVA_ARCH: x86_64
com.apple.java.jvmTask: CommandLine
XPC_SERVICE_NAME: 0
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION: 343.7
LOGNAME: lukecro
SSH_AUTH_SOCK: /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.9KLvj1GBkI/Listeners
SHLVL: 2
TERM_SESSION_ID: 645A05C0-E6A4-4A13-AFD8-CF95D85B66F4
HOME: /Users/lukecro
JAVA_MAIN_CLASS_38435: net.filebot.Main
TMPDIR: /var/folders/y4/nm0mdcgs2gz1j_fl1x6pn2_00000gn/T/
PATH: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
SHELL: /bin/bash
TERM: xterm-256color
XPC_FLAGS: 0x0
TERM_PROGRAM: Apple_Terminal
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING: 0x1F5:0x0:0x0
OLDPWD: /Users/lukecro
LANG: en_US.UTF-8
PWD: /Users/lukecro
USER: lukecro
# Java System Properties #
path.separator: :
jna.library.path: /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS
java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.io.tmpdir: /var/folders/y4/nm0mdcgs2gz1j_fl1x6pn2_00000gn/T/
user.country: US
user.home: /Users/lukecro
useExtendedFileAttributes: true
java.vm.vendor: Oracle Corporation
user.language: en
java.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.vendor.url.bug: http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
swing.crossplatformlaf: javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel
sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout: 60000
http.nonProxyHosts: local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16
java.specification.name: Java Platform API Specification
os.name: Mac OS X
java.runtime.name: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
application.deployment: app
gopherProxySet: false
file.separator: /
sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout: 10000
java.vm.specification.version: 1.8
sun.boot.class.path: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/resources.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/rt.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jce.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/classes
java.version: 1.8.0_45
http.agent: FileBot 4.5.6
java.library.path: /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS
unixfs: false
ftp.nonProxyHosts: local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16
awt.toolkit: sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolkit
java.vm.specification.name: Java Virtual Machine Specification
os.version: 10.10.3
useCreationDate: false
file.encoding: UTF-8
socksNonProxyHosts: local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16
java.awt.printerjob: sun.lwawt.macosx.CPrinterJob
grape.root: /Users/lukecro/.filebot/grape
java.class.version: 52.0
java.ext.dirs: /Users/lukecro/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
java.specification.version: 1.8
net.filebot.AcoustID.fpcalc: /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/fpcalc
java.vendor.url: http://java.oracle.com/
ehcache.disk.store.dir: /Users/lukecro/.filebot/cache/0
sun.os.patch.level: unknown
sun.java.launcher: SUN_STANDARD
os.arch: x86_64
user.dir: /Users/lukecro
line.separator:
user.timezone: America/New_York
sun.cpu.endian: little
java.vm.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
apple.awt.UIElement: true
java.net.useSystemProxies: true
sun.management.compiler: HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
sun.arch.data.model: 64
java.endorsed.dirs: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/endorsed
file.encoding.pkg: sun.io
java.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
sun.boot.library.path: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib
sun.jnu.encoding: UTF-8
java.runtime.version: 1.8.0_45-b14
java.vm.info: mixed mode
java.vm.version: 25.45-b02
sun.io.unicode.encoding: UnicodeBig
java.awt.graphicsenv: sun.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment
java.class.path: /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/Java/FileBot_4.5.6.jar
sun.java.command: /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/Java/FileBot_4.5.6.jar -script fn:sysenv
jna.nounpack: true
sun.cpu.isalist:
user.name: lukecro
# Arguments #
args[0] = -script
args[1] = fn:sysenv
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
thank you for having a look.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 16 May 2015, 17:09
by rednoah
1)
We have confirmed that you can read and write /tmp/out.txt so why have you never sent me the output of the amc script?
2)
According to the sysenv output the TR_* environment variables are not set. Either you've manually called the script, or if the script was indeed called by Transmission somehow the required environment variables are missing. Both TR_TORRENT_DIR and TR_TORRENT_NAME are required. And if they're not set the amc script won't know which files to process.
3)
Make transmission call your transmission-postprocess script. Make sure that any and all output of that script is piped to a file that you know to be accessible. And then send me the output.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 18 May 2015, 00:53
by lukecro
1) Using this code for the AMC script:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash -x
#
# DEBUG
LOG=/tmp/$$.log
exec > $LOG 2>&1
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/Processed by Filebot" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME" > out.txt 2> err.txt
Here's an example of the resulting log (generated each time a show completes downloading, with the directory and file name correctly filling in via Transmission):
Code: Select all
+ filebot -script fn:amc --output '/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/Processed by Filebot' --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y 'ut_dir=/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/TV Shows/Arrow.S03E23.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]' ut_kind=multi 'ut_title=Arrow.S03E23.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]'
/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/transmission-postprocess-error-log2: line 8: out.txt: Permission denied
Note: When I used to have Filebot's AMC script working, activity was recorded in /Users/lukecro/.filebot/logs/amc.log -- but after it stopped working, amc.log stopped recording any info after Transmission downloads a file. However, amc.log does record the details when I manually run the script via Terminal. Which had me thinking at one point that Transmission wasn't calling the script -- until I added the Debgug Log code, which indicates that Transmission is running the script, since it generates a unique /tmp/$$.log for every file upon download completion (although a record of it is still not getting into amc.log any more).
2) Sorry, I manually ran
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:sysenv > /tmp/out.txt 2>&1
in terminal -- that's why the variables weren't set. I misunderstood and thought you just wanted me to run it manually. I'll try again with Transmission calling the script.
So, having Transmission run this instead of the usual AMC script:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:sysenv > /tmp/out.txt 2>&1
The entire out.txt =
Code: Select all
/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/transmission-postprocess: line 2: filebot: command not found
3) I think I've gathered everything in the items above, but let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks again.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 18 May 2015, 01:31
by lukecro
Holy moley I've got it working again!
That "command not found" got me thinking -- I know the command is there and working because it runs fine when I put it in Terminal. But if it isn't getting found when Transmission runs it, maybe I should start back over and start messing around with what worked for me the last time I had problems with the Filebot script -- putting in the full path to the filebot.sh file.
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/filebot/4.5.6/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc --output "/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/Processed by Filebot" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
And I'll be damned but even though this little trick had stopped working for me a few days ago, it's working again great now. Maybe the permission fixes or the reinstallations of all the programs I did over the last couple of days helped. I dunno. Still not sure why calling filebot works in Terminal but the absolute path is needed when called by Transmission. Or why both methods weren't working for me a few days ago, but now the absolute path version is. I'm just happy it's working again at all.

Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 18 May 2015, 05:15
by rednoah
1)
When Transmissions calls the script, the ENVIRONMENT is different. You can't expect anything other than /usr/bin to be in the PATH by default.
2)
The Transmission user doesn't necessarily have a $HOME folder. You can't redirect to relative "out.txt" because you have no idea WHERE that is and what WORKING_DIR Transmission is calling the script with.
3)
/usr/local/bin/filebot should be a link to the latest brew cask filebot binary and will continue to work after the next version update.
Re: [GUIDE] Fully Automated Media Center with Transmission (
Posted: 19 May 2015, 16:52
by lukecro
Good call, thanks. I've updated the script to use /usr/local/bin/filebot, like you recommended, and it's working perfectly as well:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/lukecro/Downloads/All New Torrents/Processed by Filebot" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def artwork=y "ut_dir=$TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME"
thank you!