Wrong Movie Year

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
msmcpeake

Wrong Movie Year

Post by msmcpeake »

This is driving me insane, has been for a couple weeks and I can't find an answer. The movie release year on Radarr is always different from what Filebot/AMC scrapes. If a movie on Radarr is from 2020, Filebot will put 2019 or vice versa. Is there a way to FORCE a release date from the different date options on movies. I don't understand how Radarr and Filebot both scrape TMDB and they get two different years. It's making the process or downloading via Radarr a pain as I have to manually change the path to the right year for newer movies (2015-2020 most notably).

Thanks!

Current syntax is:

Code: Select all

& 'C:\Media Server\FileBot\filebot.exe' -script "C:/Media Server/AMC/amc.groovy" --output "M:/" --action move --conflict override -non-strict "M:/Transfer" --log-file "M:/amc.log" --def minFileSize=0 minLengthMS=0 emby=192.168.1.107:<redacted> movieFormat="M:/Movies/{ny}/{n} - {vs}-{vf}" seriesFormat="M:/{plex}" animeFormat="M:/{plex}" musicFormat="M:/{plex}" skipExtract=y clean=y unsorted=y music=y 
rednoah
The Source

Re: Wrong Movie Year

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the post! Before a real human comes by, please make sure your report has all the following points checked:
  • What are you trying to do achieve? What's not working? What have you tried so far?
  • Include screenshots, logs or filenames (i.e. demonstrate the issue)
  • Include System Information (i.e. filebot -script fn:sysinfo console output)
:idea: Please read How to Request Help and Fix Problems, Report Bugs, Get Features.

EDIT:

You'll want to add specific examples for files / movies (with TheMovieDB link) where FileBot and Radarr get different results.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

We should have pushed a fix that fixes most such issues. The problem here is that we get the release dates from themoviedb.org which can be wrong sometimes. There are two ways to fix this. Either edit the movies on themoviedb or edit the files to include the year radarr expects
https://www.reddit.com/r/radarr/comment ... ase_years/
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

I have a question about movie release dates or maybe some possible solution or workaround.

I have also seen this thread
The problem here is that we get the release dates from themoviedb.org which can be wrong sometimes. There are two ways to fix this. Either edit the movies on themoviedb or edit the files to include the year
https://www.reddit.com/r/radarr/comment ... ase_years/

I use the Filebot UI and tend to use the MovieDB button to match my movies and some movies return a different release date to what I already have for the movie and have found on thetvdb, watch.plex.tv, OMD or IMDB. This tends to mess with plex matching from time to time if not corrected manually. I can only assume that we should rather go with what the majority of sites say and not the odd one out. Although the majority probably all get their info from Imdb.
When I manage to spot them 98% of the time I normally just delete them from current filebot list and re-do them with OMDb match which in these cases tend to match them 100% in the past.

When I looked into this on TheMovieDB I can see multiple release dates but I am not 100% sure how they get to their conclusion, at first I thought they just take the smallest date but that is not true, I think the release type also plays a role. This makes the date they choose unpredictable and I was hesitant to just change their types and play with their data to figure out their process. The have these types [Premier, Theatrical,Theatrical (Limited) , Digital, Physical, TV]. For my samples in TheMovieDB they appear to be picking earliest theatrical then physical then probably digital and TV is definitely last.

I was using these movies as samples, the dates on filenames are what I think they should be.

A Fairly Odd Christmas (2012).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.2.0.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt2299368}.mp4
Frankenstein - The True Story (1973).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.2.0.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt0070074}.mp4
Candy Land (2022).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt13857556}.mp4
Diablo (2015).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt4076760}.mp4
Vicious Lips (1986).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.2.0.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt0163375}.mp4
Beneath the Green (2020).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt11231356}.mp4
Butcher Boys (2012).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt1740476}.mp4
Faceless (1987).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.2.0.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt0095125}.mp4
Survival of the Dead (2009).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt1134854}.mp4
The Devil Conspiracy (2022).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.24.000Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt9663168}.mp4
The Immortal Wars - Rebirth (2020).[1080p.x264.2.410Kbps.30.000Fps.2.0.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt9896768}.mp4
Tin Can (2020).[1080p.x264.2.500Kbps.23.976Fps.5.1.AAC].[eng].{imdb-tt8413040}.mp4
Matching on TheMovieDB and Plex especially goes wrong on the older martial arts movies when dates are wrong.

So just fixing TheMovieDb is a bit dodge because you might have to mess things up to achieve your goal.
I suspect IMDB just returns smallest or earliest release date who knows, But plex and possibly Radarr probably also expect this, I do not know Radarr.

I realize that Filebot is only returning what they store in their db and that it is not a fault or error in Filebot.

I just normally use

{y}
to obtain the date. I have played with

{cy.min()}
but that does not seem to be the solution on its own either.

* When obtaining the date is there a way to ask for a specific country release like US or UK. Maybe I can ask for US and if not found I can take the plain {y}
* Some sites says worldwide release date ??? but I am not finding this on all of them.
* is it possible in the code to always obtain the {y} from OMDb even when I use ThemovieDb button.
maybe we can retrieve the release dates array and select what we want. I do realize that it would have its own challenges but maybe we can determine our own resolution order that is more predictable or at least know how it really works. :-).
* I definitely fix data on IMDB or TMDB if I know they are wrong but I would prefer to rather just mess with my side when I am unsure.

I am only asking, I do not know the functions capabilities that well and someone else might have already solved this or know of a better way.

Else it is back to just monitoring matches and manually fixing these or using OMDB for them when spotted. The Filebot automation is awesome and I would prefer my matching automated.
I currently have over 10,200 movies and 1800 shows but when manually checking stuff slips through.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Which database does Plex use? AFAIK, Plex uses TheMovieDB, and so files should be named with TheMovieDB name and year, to ensure that name / year in the file name matches up with name / year in the database used. AFAIK, Plex does not use other websites, so information in other websites does not matter.

:idea: You'll want to use the {plex.id} format to identify the movie via {tmdb-12345} markers. You seem to have {imdb-tt1234567} markers already but you also seem to suggest that those aren't working. Keep in mind that name / year does not matter at all if Plex already has the ID, so if you get a mismatch, then the ID is either wrong, or Plex is not using it.

:arrow: Please read the How do I organize files for Plex? guide.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.