Easy fix if the filebot GUI shows a grey screen and you use the sway window manager (and possibly others)

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
fthrfrl

Easy fix if the filebot GUI shows a grey screen and you use the sway window manager (and possibly others)

Post by fthrfrl »

Add the following alias to your .zshrc / .bashrc / wherever you add aliases:

Code: Select all

alias fbg="env -u WAYLAND_DISPLAY filebot"
and replace "fbg" with whatever you want your new command alias to be.

Launching filebot with these arguments forces it to run under xwayland which works fine but has slightly jagged fonts. Doesn't seem to fundamentally be a wayland issue as it works for me on wayland gnome, just not on sway. This is definitely a workaround so maybe rednoah will get a chance to sus out what's going on with the rendering engine, but it's good enough for the immediate future.
sighunter

Re: Easy fix if the filebot GUI shows a grey screen and you use the sway window manager (and possibly others)

Post by sighunter »

thanks, this helped me!

my menus didn't show up and were only white and blank,
I adapted your command for my flatpak install of filebot and I now start it this way:

env -u WAYLAND_DISPLAY flatpak run net.filebot.FileBot
also this should work too, I guess

WAYLAND_DISPLAY= flatpak run net.filebot.FileBot
Screenshot

so it's forced to use xwayland, which makes this a wayland issue on my end, not sure why it appeared about 1 week ago, probably by some update I installed
sighunter

Re: Easy fix if the filebot GUI shows a grey screen and you use the sway window manager (and possibly others)

Post by sighunter »

Razze wrote: 13 Nov 2023, 12:13 I'll add this for the time being https://github.com/flathub/net.filebot.FileBot/pull/18
I don't know if this is generally necessary, I used filebot with plain wayland for some time without issues, just a few days/weeks ago this started to happen