[unRAID] [docker] Any way to remove Clutter files with empty folders with GUI

Support for unRAID and docker container users
FTW

[unRAID] [docker] Any way to remove Clutter files with empty folders with GUI

Post by FTW »

Hi

is there any way we can ask to remove all Clutter files and Empty Folders in the GUI?

otherwise, I never used the CLI

so if can be only done by CLI outside of the AMC, I can try to learn how to use it and use the CLI instead but need some help uhuh

Thanks a lot
rednoah
The Source

Re: Any way to remove Clutter files with empty folders with GUI

Post by rednoah »

Remove Empty Folders is default behaviour, to make it appear is if FileBot is renaming files and folders when organizing files into a new folder structure. Remove Clutter Files and Folders cannot be enabled.

:?: What is your process?

:arrow: I'd just process files from X:/Input to X:/Output and then leave it at that. If FileBot ignores the files anyway, then you may as well leave them, and maybe delete the entire X:/Input folder with a single DEL key press once a month. The key is separating input and output file structure, so that one does not interfere with the other, hence no need for cleanup operations.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FTW

Post by FTW »

I am using Rename but with /data/input /data/output to keep hardlink :/
FTW

Post by FTW »

I am renaming all my TV Shows from tmdb to tvdb because for a lot of my shows, there not up to date on tmdb...

but since its on the same path, as you said, it don't process the Remove Empty Folder

so I am trying to find a easier and faster way to remove the Clutter file and Folder without any video file in it. Well exactly what your script Remove Clutters and Empty Folder do but manually
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's fine. Do extra files in /data/input bother you in anyway?

:arrow: You can always run the cleaner script on a schedule if you must delete files:
viewtopic.php?p=1341#p1341

:idea: You can also just keep clutter files and not worry about it. Storage is cheap. If you just want to delete all files in a given folder once in a while, then rm * -rv is the way to go.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FTW wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 13:55 I am renaming all my TV Shows from tmdb to tvdb because for a lot of my shows, there not up to date on tmdb...

but since its on the same path, as you said, it don't process the Remove Empty Folder
So you mean to say you're processing files from /data/output to /data/output? Why not from /data/output to a new /data/output_tvdb_new folder structure? FileBot processes and moves (better yet, hardlink again, so you can keep both structures) files, and so you only have the processed and moved files in the new structure, clean and simple.
FTW

Post by FTW »

So you mean to say you're processing files from /data/output to /data/output?
Yes exactly
Why not from /data/output to a new /data/output_tvdb_new folder structure? FileBot processes and moves (better yet, hardlink again, so you can keep both structures) files, and so you only have the processed and moved files in the new structure, clean and simple.
Because I want to keep the same folder, otherwise I have a lot of other apps where I will need to change that foldername

Code: Select all

Filebot -script fn:cleaner /data/output
may be what I am looking for :)

since I am using filebot docker on Unraid

how I am suppose to use it in terminal ssh?

docker exec Filebot -script fn:cleaner /data/output -> is the filepath need to be the docker filepath?? or I need to put the filepath of the UnRaid os? like /mnt/data/output?

or I need to log inside the docker to use the command line?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FTW wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 14:28 Because I want to keep the same folder, otherwise I have a lot of other apps where I will need to change that foldername
:?: Why not rename /data/output to /data/output2, then create a new empty /data/output folder, then organize everything new into that folder?

:idea: docker/filebot command-line usage works like this:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-docker#filebot

e.g. filebot usage:

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
e.g. docker/filebot usage for the same filebot command:

docker run --rm -it -v "$PWD:/volume1" -v data:/data rednoah/filebot -script fn:sysinfo
:!: Note that the examples use /data as application data folder. You are using /data as mount point for your host files. So you will need to modify the -v volume mounts to your needs.