TVDB and OMDB not working

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
brightside

TVDB and OMDB not working

Post by brightside »

Hi, I am creating .txt files and terminal output for shows and movies and a little while ago a lot of the information stopped working properly.
For example tv shows would either not get an omdb rating anymore or the TVDB rating would be way off.
Also not getting any taglines anymore and actors incomplete.

In Short, the outcome for txt file I am looking for might look as follows:
The Mandalorian – 8.482 (TheTVDb)
The Mandalorian – 8.7 (OMDb)

[Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure, Drama] - 2019

2 Seasons - Startdate: 2019-11-12

Director - Dave Filoni

The travels of a lone bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic.

OMDb: [Pedro Pascal (Actor), Carl Weathers (Actor), Giancarlo Esposito (Actor)]

[Pedro Pascal, Katee Sackhoff, Jon Favreau]

The Mandalorian - S01E01 - Chapter 1 - The Mandalorian
The Mandalorian - S01E02 - Chapter 2 - The Child
and all other episodes
tv show
IMDb:tt8111088
In this line OMDb: [Pedro Pascal (Actor), Carl Weathers (Actor), Giancarlo Esposito (Actor)]
I would even prefer it like this: OMDb: Pedro Pascal - Carl Weathers - Giancarlo Esposito - Katee Sakhoff
When using the GUI I was able to "join" and remove some things, but as an automated commandline I was unable to find it.

FileBot 5.0.1 (r9665) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.18
Linux Kubuntu 22.04.

Code: Select all

filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{n} – {rating} (TheTVDb)" --log off ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "{n} – {omdb.rating} (OMDb)" --log off  ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{genres} - {y}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "Director - {director}" --log off; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "{omdb.tagline}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "OMDb":" {omdb.cast}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "TheTVDb: {actors}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "First Aired: {startdate}" --log off 

filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db themoviedb::tv --format "{n} – {rating} (TheMovieDB)" --log off ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db themoviedb::tv --format "{n} – {omdb.rating} (OMDb)" --log off  ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{genres} - {y}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "Director - {director}" --log off; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db themoviedb::tv --format "{omdb.tagline}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db themoviedb::tv --format "OMDb":" {omdb.cast}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "Themoviedb::tv: {actors}" --log off ; echo ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "First Aired: {startdate}" --log off
For simplicity of TVDB Rating

filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "{n} – {rating} (TheTVDb)" --log off ; filebot -list --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "absolute == 1" --db themoviedb::tv --format "{n} – {omdb.rating} (OMDb)" --log off
or for the text file that I have pre input in a calc file and just add the name

filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{n} – {rating} (TheTVDb)" --log off >>/media/"".txt  ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "{n} – {omdb.rating} (OMDb)" --log off >>/media/"".txt  ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{genres} - {y}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{sc} Seasons - Startdate {startdate}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "Director - {director}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "{omdb.tagline}" --log off >>/media/"".txt; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --db thetvdb --format "OMDb":" {omdb.cast}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --filter "absolute == 1" --format "{actors}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ;  echo >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q ""  --format "{plex.name}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ; echo>>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --format "{n} - {s00e00} - ({absolute}) - {airdate}" --log off >>/media/"".txt ; echo >>/media/"".txt ; echo "tv show" >>/media/"".txt ; filebot -list --q "" --db thetvdb --filter "absolute == 1" --format "IMDb:{imdbid}" --log off >>/media/"".txt
TVDB gives a very weird rating now and omdb rating or tagline does not exist anymore, nor does it fetch the imdbid
TheMoviedb::tv gives a decent rating but also no plot or tagline and small amount of actors often.
similar in the GUI, it does no longer fetch many things and ratings it often leaves empty.
Also if you have a way to display and create these things in a much nicer way for many shows where I can just plug in the name in a table and it changes the code as I do it in calc, that would be nice.

I am not really good with coding and only learning about terminal use. You can see in my codings what I have been able to scrap together.

Sorry for the messy code and thank you for reading.
I have loved filebot for many years you created something beautiful!!
Thank you
Last edited by brightside on 09 Apr 2023, 09:54, edited 2 times in total.
brightside

Re: TVDB and OMDB not working

Post by brightside »

Update: I now have version

FileBot 5.0.2 (r9720) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.6

Still not working as it did in febuary 2023 or I think even March 2023.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I get with FileBot r9720

$ filebot -list --db TheTVDB --q "The Mandalorian" --format "{n} | {rating} | {omdb.rating} | {genres} | {director} | {omdb.tagline} | {omdb.cast} | {actors} | {startdate} | {imdbid}" | head -n1
The Mandalorian | 1080594.0 |  | [Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, Action] | Dave Filoni |  |  | [Pedro Pascal, Carl Weathers, Katee Sackhoff, Emily Swallow, Giancarlo Esposito, Gina Carano, David Acord] | 2019-11-12 | tt8111088

:!: The default --db database has changed from TheTVDB to TheMovieDB::TV. You'll want to explicitly specify one or the other so that you know where the information is coming from:

--db TheTVDB

--db TheMovieDB::TV
** I recommend using TheMovieDB::TV for everything nowadays

:!: FileBot 5.* uses the TheTVDBv4 API which brings many changes. Notably, the TheTVDB website no longer allows user to rate shows, so the {rating} that the TheTVDBv4 API gives us is unfortunately some kind of "popularity" number. {omdb} is unfortunately broken because the IMDB is no longer part of the series record, and so we can't do a cross-database lookup, but this one we can workaround with additional requests.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
brightside

Post by brightside »

what might the workarounds be?

I'd be ok for now with TheMovieDB rating and tagline.
but it seems tagline is not given at all and IMDbid also not all the time

Also as TVDB has more actors but MovieDB is better on pretty much everything else, how can I have that in one command, using two databases?

Also, thank you very much for the quick response, happy easter :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: The {imdbid} is entirely optional, and so {imdbid} and {omdb} by extension (because we need the IMDB ID for this lookup) may not work depending on whether or not someone has bothered to enter that piece of information into the TheMovieDB and/or TheTVDB series record.

:arrow: FileBot r9721 (build in progress) fixes the {imdbid} and {omdb} issue by doing additional API requests to figure out the IMDB ID if possible:

$ filebot -list --db TheTVDB --q "The Mandalorian" --format "{imdbid} | {omdb.rating} | {omdb.tagline} | {omdb.cast.name}" | head -n1
tt8111088 | 8.7 | The travels of a lone bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic. | [Pedro Pascal, Katee Sackhoff, Carl Weathers]

:idea: Using TheMovieDB and TheTVDB at the same time is not supported. You can however enter the missing information on TheMovieDB if you find it lacking. That would help the next guy.
brightside

Post by brightside »

This would be great, though I would also want all the actors displayed in another line, not just 3.
I would have it to be the stars , like top 3 actors in one line and then a line below with all actors.

To be clear this would be an upcoming version of filebot. as I seem to have FileBot r9720
also interestingly I did not know about the | head -n1
command, instead of doing long filters.
Are there other ways to put each output line into a new line within the same single command as you did so elegantly?

Thank you very much for your replies. You are such a boss :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

e.g.

$ filebot -list --db TheTVDB --q "The Mandalorian" --filter "i == 1" --log OFF --format "
{n}
{omdb.rating}
{omdb.tagline}
{omdb.cast.name.take(3).join(', ')}
{omdb.cast.name.drop(3).join(', ')}
"

The Mandalorian
The travels of a lone bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic.
Pedro Pascal, Katee Sackhoff, Carl Weathers