emby.id title inconsistent with title

Support for macOS users
cheaters

emby.id title inconsistent with title

Post by cheaters »

FileBot is creating dupes for multipart episodes named like so.
America and the Taliban (Part 1)
America and the Taliban (Part 2)
America and the Taliban (Part 3)
The only way I have found to resolve this is to use CRC32 so they don't collide; then manually rename them afterwards.

When using emby.id.derive everything between the parenthesis is removed when renaming

this is my preset

Code: Select all

/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1/Series/
{ ~emby.id.derive { ' '+allOf{ tags }{ vf }{ vs }{episode.info}{ crc32 }.joining('][', ' [',']') }}
{ if (dc > 1) '_'+di }
rednoah
The Source

Re: emby.id title inconsistent with title

Post by rednoah »

If you have the same episode multiple times, then you can use the duplicate index and duplicate count to generate unique file paths:

{ if (dc > 1) " (Part $di)" }

{ emby.id.derive{ { if (dc > 1) " (Part $di)" } } }
Screenshot

:!: Note that multi-part episodes typically have multiple episode numbers for each part, thus making it not the same episode / not a duplicate from the FileBot point-of-view, thus making duplicate index and duplicate count not useful for your use case, since you don't actually have duplicate episodes.

:arrow: You just need to match each file to the correct episodes, fixing matches via Manual Matching as necessary.

Screenshot

EDIT:

I see! You just mean to say that {emby} removes the (Part 1) at the end for some reason. You could probably write your own custom format and use {t} instead.

EDIT 2:

But that would be unrelated to colliding file paths, since the episode number makes each file path unique already.
jprokos wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 18:03 The only way I have found to resolve this is to use CRC32 so they don't collide
Note that the file paths cannot collide if the episode number is different. If the episode match is correct, then the episode number is different. See episode list screenshot above.

EDIT 3:

The {plex} format bindings in FileBot r9738 or above now preserve the (Part 1) pattern from the episode title for single episodes.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

Thanks. Sorry I should have written “multiple part” and still it’s hard to disambiguate.

I moved from plex.id to emby.id format, because Plex recommends including the date with the file name to avoid matching errors and FileBot’s plex.id format does not include the date.
Some important notes:
For the “Plex TV Series” agent, it is recommended to always include the year alongside the series title in folder and file names, e.g. /Band of Brothers (2001)/Season 01/Band of Brothers (2001) - s01e01 - Currahee.mkv
Somewhere in the forums you recommended a user use emby.id if they required a date in their file name.

Is there a coding conflict doing the same for emby.id?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

jprokos wrote: 30 Apr 2023, 19:33 I moved from plex.id to emby.id format, because Plex recommends including the date with the file name to avoid matching errors and FileBot’s plex.id format does not include the date.
You can have Name (Year) but if that's what you prefer. That said, Name (Year) has no effect if you already have {tmdb-ID} markers. Name (Year) is better than just Name, but Name (Year) as nothing if the {tmdb-ID} marker already uniquely identifies the series at hand.

:idea: Note that when I say {plex} format I usually refer to all variations including the {emby} binding. The latest changes will also apply to the {emby} binding. It will likely not fix the "use CRC32 so they don't collide" problem though. That seems unrelated.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.