Renaming files when ':' is in the filenane

Any questions? Need some help?
tOtEM

Renaming files when ':' is in the filenane

Post by tOtEM »

Hi all and, in anticipation, thanks for your help.
I am a new Filebot user and I found (IMHO) an improvable functionality when we want to rename files but ':' is in the filename (for example, 'Wall Street: Money never sleeps (2010, Oliver Stone)'). When we want to rename the file after a search into TheMovieDB (for example), a "Invalid Characters" message appears and we must accept the substitution of ':" by a ' ' (blank/space).
Could it be possible to change this 'by defalut' value and configure (for example) the automatic substitution of ':' by '.' or any other character? Could we configure different substitutions for different "invalid characters' separatley? (I mean ':' by '.', '/' by '-', etc...)
I will be attentive to your contributions. Kind regards.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming files when ':' is in the filenane

Post by rednoah »

That is what your custom format does.

:?: What is your custom format?

:arrow: You'll want to just use the {plex.name} format. That'll take care of everything.

:arrow: Alternatively, you can also replace colons in your own custom format code.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tOtEM

Post by tOtEM »

First of all, thanks so much for yur kind answer and sorry for the delay of mine one.
I am using the "preset" {n} ({y}, {director}) and the "problem" appears when {n} (film name) includes teh character ":" because it is automatically substituded by a space (blank) instead of a charcted by my choice.
Do you know how to change the "default character" ("." instad of " ", for example)?
Thanks and kind regards.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 05 May 2023, 09:17 :arrow: Alternatively, you can also replace colons in your own custom format code.
Please click on replace colons and then copy & paste from the examples:

Format: Select all

{ n.colon(' - ') }

:idea: Typical users will prefer " - " as replacement but can use " . " if that's what you prefer:

Format: Select all

{ n.colon(' . ') }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tOtEM

Post by tOtEM »

Great!!
Now, it is working like I want.
Thanks so much for your really usefull answer.
Kind regards.